Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Apr 14, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #662 of 2,020
  I am going to make a habit of using the hold key to prevent that from happening going forward, whether or not it's what happened here.

[edit]OK, I see the hold switch doesn't work in RB.  

The latest version of RB only locks the screen when the hold switch is on and the hardware buttons is still active.

The previous version locks both screen and buttons. But it also doesn't have the CWM boot manager.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #665 of 2,020
Do we have a base rockbox eq settings that someone here can share?
Channel Configuration: Custom
-------------------------------
Stereo Width: 150%
Crossfeed: Yes
Direct Gain: -4.5 dB
Cross Gain: -7.5 dB
High Frequency Attenuation: -18 dB
High Frequency Cutoff: 1100 Hz
Equalizer:
Enable EQ: Yes

Precut: 0.0 dB

Simple EQ Settings:
20 Hz Band Gain

Advanced EQ Settings:

Low Shelf Filter:
Cutoff Frequency: 20 Hz
Q: 1.0
Gain: 2.0 dB

Peak Filter 1:
Centre Frequency: 600 Hz
Q: 4.0
Gain: -2.0 dB

Peak Filter 2:
Centre Frequency: 4000 Hz
Q: 3.0
Gain: 4.0 dB

Peak Filter 3:
Centre Frequency: 8500 Hz
Q: 2.0
Gain: 1.0 dB

High Shelf Filter:
Cutoff Frequency: 16000 Hz
Q: 5.0
Gain: 2.0 dB
---------------------------------
Dithering: Yes
Timestretch: No
Compressor:

Threshold: -9 dB

Makeup Gain: Auto

Ratio: 6:1

Knee: Soft Knee

Release Time: 600 ms

SOURCE: FLACvest

I gotten this somewhere but wonder if anybody here has a more preferred settings to bring out the best of dx50?

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #666 of 2,020
the base will always be be at 0dB or EQ off. Everyone has there own preference and different headphones. Unless you state your own SQ preference and headphones it will not be easy what you are asking for.

TBH I use RB because I like neutral SQ and just have to worry about the flavor of my headphone. So I have everything at default/0dB.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #668 of 2,020
Do we have a base rockbox eq settings that someone here can share?

Before you start changing things you really should read the Rockbox manual to learn what they do. Take stereo width. Yes, it sounds wider. It does this by finding the overlap between left and right channels and reducing the volume in the overlap. Yes, it sound wider, because it's making the center sound quieter. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a thing that you should be aware of so you avoid wondering why center stage sounds "less" when width is turned up.

There is no single "best". There's what sounds good to you. That's something you need to figure out for yourself.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #669 of 2,020
the base will always be be at 0dB or EQ off. Everyone has there own preference and different headphones. Unless you state your own SQ preference and headphones it will not be easy what you are asking for.

TBH I use RB because I like neutral SQ and just have to worry about the flavor of my headphone. So I have everything at default/0dB.

totally agree with you mate

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #670 of 2,020
the Volume of dx50 is very dangerous
Be careful before you do "reset setting",is very important to remove the headphones before RESSET SETTING and turn down the volume, the defult is full volume,
I forgot this And I heard an explosion in my ears on full volume,and I'm afraid I have done damage on my ears And I do not feel it meantime.  
I think I'm going to sell the dx50  .

surry for my bad english

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #671 of 2,020
  the Volume of dx50 is very dangerous
Be careful before you do "reset setting",is very important to remove the headphones before RESSET SETTING and turn down the volume, the defult is full volume,
I forgot this And I heard an explosion in my ears on full volume,and I'm afraid I have done damage on my ears And I do not feel it meantime.  
I think I'm going to sell the dx50 .

surry for my bad english

What are you taking about? The default is always at 170. Why would you put on your headphone while doing a reset?

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #672 of 2,020
Hi all.
Has anyone had their dx50 say "PANIC" and freeze on the rock box error screen. It then bootloops in this way till you pull the battery
Mine did this after I wanted to increase the font. I listen in the car a lot and was chuffed rockbox was ported as it allowed me to use keys instead of the overly sensitive touchscreen. Anyway it all went Pete tong so I re flashed the original recovery then reloaded the ibasso firmware. All ok back to normal.. but then I thought it must be a glitch and being an optimist I re flashed clockwork recovery and tried again with the rockbox. Funny thing is it made no difference. It's still in bootloop panic mode so something must have been left which wasn't overwritten.
Bugger. I really want rockbox on this unit.
Anyone know what I should try next?
Cheers all
Weelp.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #673 of 2,020
Hi all.
Has anyone had their dx50 say "PANIC" and freeze on the rock box error screen. It then bootloops in this way till you pull the battery
Mine did this after I wanted to increase the font. I listen in the car a lot and was chuffed rockbox was ported as it allowed me to use keys instead of the overly sensitive touchscreen. Anyway it all went Pete tong so I re flashed the original recovery then reloaded the ibasso firmware. All ok back to normal.. but then I thought it must be a glitch and being an optimist I re flashed clockwork recovery and tried again with the rockbox. Funny thing is it made no difference. It's still in bootloop panic mode so something must have been left which wasn't overwritten.
Bugger. I really want rockbox on this unit.
Anyone know what I should try next?
Cheers all
Weelp.

Dont know if its the same error, but u should try this.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-25/615#post_10448624

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #674 of 2,020
Hi KM. Thanks for that reply. I would love to try that mod but i can't seem to get past the Panic screen even after re flashing back to and from stock recovery.. real bummer. Only thing I can think of is that the rock box zip was corrupted somehow. I will try a mirror when I get home. I'm getting them via my phone at the moment and maybe that's not helping

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #675 of 2,020
Hi KM. Thanks for that reply. I would love to try that mod but i can't seem to get past the Panic screen even after re flashing back to and from stock recovery.. real bummer. Only thing I can think of is that the rock box zip was corrupted somehow. I will try a mirror when I get home. I'm getting them via my phone at the moment and maybe that's not helping

After you reflash the OF, be sure to delete the Rockbox folder on the DX50 before reflashing Rockbox. That folder has your config file which is why the Runtime setting doesn't go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back