ROCK JAW Testers
May 6, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #34 of 1,034
The wait, will be excruciating...
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
 not long to go now

May 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #36 of 1,034
  I'm pretty busy with work preparing for a conference trip, and have not had time to try the Alfa Genus out properly. I'll be taking these and the Arcana away with me for listening.
Quick physical impressions: The ear tips are a significant improvement, I can't emphasise that enough, as now I can get a seal with the stock tips. I love the mini case that houses the IEMs, filters and tips inside the box, if I could fit my Clip+ in there it'd be a new carry case. A quick skim of the box and instruction/warning leaflet don't mention which filter colour is for monitor and enhanced bass sounds, I'll have to hear that out.

Here are some quick photographs for those interested;

How you finding the Alfa Genus?

May 16, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #38 of 1,034
  I was wondering where all those unique individual names come from for each of the products from Rock Jaw! xD 

Hi Billson,

Hydra -(as noun) A thing which is hard to overcome or resist because of its pervasive or enduring quality or its many aspects. It is also one of the largest Constellations.

Arcana - Originates from 16th century Latin meaning Secret or mystery

Kontrol - Is just Control spelt with a K

Alfa Genus - Alfa denotes the first of a series of items/categories and Genus is a class with common characteristics

Acero - Is Spanish for Steel (like our stainless steel headband)

Hope this answers your question.

bigsmile_face.gif

May 16, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #39 of 1,034

Hi Billson,

Hydra -(as noun) A thing which is hard to overcome or resist because of its pervasive or enduring quality or its many aspects. It is also one of the largest Constellations.

Arcana - Originates from 16th century Latin meaning Secret or mystery

Kontrol - Is just Control spelt with a K

Alfa Genus - Alfa denotes the first of a series of items/categories and Genus is a class with common characteristics

Acero - Is Spanish for Steel (like our stainless steel headband)

Hope this answers your question.

bigsmile_face.gif

YEAP! :D thanks! That may give us some ideas for writing later on hehe 

May 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #40 of 1,034
Wow missed this thread until now. Great info from Rockbob and nice pics of the Genus from ApplesRevenge. Thanks again for the opportunity, I look forward to the mystery gear coming my way.

May 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #43 of 1,034
Patience lads - good things come to those who wait :)

May 28, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #45 of 1,034
Hi Guys,

You have all be so very patient. So, you will be pleased to hear that we will start packing up your testing units tomorrow and all being well they will ship out Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back