ROCK JAW Testers
Apr 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #17 of 1,034
Excellent, thanks for the opportunity. I'm glad that you're in a position to send more than one item to testers as I think this will enhance the utility of reviews. Each review will be able to provide points of comparison across the Rock Jaw product range and there will be more points of reference between reviews. This could work well for both customers and Rock Jaw.

Without wishing to bias any upcoming reviews, would it be helpful [for Rockbob] to add comments for each item as to what its particular strengths are and which genres it best suits? This is a question for both Rockbob and forum members.

I like the wait and see game, looking forward to it!

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 1,034
Here is a list of what "I" think is best suited to each model. But of course this will vary from user to user.

Hydra - More focused towards dance music/pop/hiphop but a fair bit of time was spent so as to work really well with rock music. Although I have had a lot of enjoyment testing with these on gospel

Arcana - Same as Hydra.

Alfa Genus - For me these are great on anything. Have a beautiful balance and just take almost any genre in its stride. I prefer using with the enhanced bass filter as they just provide more depth.

Kontrol - Is a combo of the Alfa Genus and Hydra. Good balance and detail with the added dynamic punch. I cant say that these fair better or worse on any genre. So I will let you guys be the judge.

Acero - Same as Alfa Genus but bigger sound stage.

That's about the best I can come up with at this hour of the night. But if anyone has any specific questions regarding genres/models, please ask.

Tomorrow I will post a list of some of the tracks we use when testing.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #19 of 1,034
Wow!  Thanks very much!  PM sent.
Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #22 of 1,034
Let me tell you that the end of May will not come soon enough... :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #23 of 1,034
Let me tell you that the end of May will not come soon enough...
smily_headphones1.gif

This works both ways for us. As it all coincides with our big launch. We have been very fortunate to sign to a major distributor that has offices all over Europe, North America and Australia. So some exciting times ahead
biggrin.gif

We are also looking forward to everyones feedback.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #25 of 1,034
  Well you guys certainly get a 10/10 for how responsive you are. 
biggrin.gif

One of the best I've come across for sure. 

Thank you.

No point being here unless we can get to know you guys. For example, forum members have already prompted a change (adding foam tips), this feedback is great for us and in the end we will deliver better and better products to you guys because of the info you feed back.

So we are here to stay and we not only want to share info about our gear, but we want to join in with and support the Head-Fi community
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #26 of 1,034
I'm pretty busy with work preparing for a conference trip, and have not had time to try the Alfa Genus out properly. I'll be taking these and the Arcana away with me for listening.
Quick physical impressions: The ear tips are a significant improvement, I can't emphasise that enough, as now I can get a seal with the stock tips. I love the mini case that houses the IEMs, filters and tips inside the box, if I could fit my Clip+ in there it'd be a new carry case. A quick skim of the box and instruction/warning leaflet don't mention which filter colour is for monitor and enhanced bass sounds, I'll have to hear that out.

Here are some quick photographs for those interested;

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #27 of 1,034
  I'm pretty busy with work preparing for a conference trip, and have not had time to try the Alfa Genus out properly. I'll be taking these and the Arcana away with me for listening.
Quick physical impressions: The ear tips are a significant improvement, I can't emphasise that enough, as now I can get a seal with the stock tips. I love the mini case that houses the IEMs, filters and tips inside the box, if I could fit my Clip+ in there it'd be a new carry case. A quick skim of the box and instruction/warning leaflet don't mention which filter colour is for monitor and enhanced bass sounds, I'll have to hear that out.

Here are some quick photographs for those interested;

Glad the tips are working for you. We have now implemented them across the range.

In regards to the instructions not advising which filter is which, this is why we always do a pre-production run, to iron out all the bits and pieces we missed or got wrong. But not to worry we noted that some time ago and will be on production.

Black filter is Bass enhanced and Silver is the Clear/reference.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #28 of 1,034
Thank you so much for this opportunity! PM sent. Also, I didn't get an email...maybe it was filtered somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back