[REVIEW] Westone ES5 - Smooth meets clarity...
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #47 of 65

Quote:

In total I paid $1,075. That was with the artwork and shipping.

Thats not so bad, the Westone dealer here in Singapore quoted me SGD1250 including artwork. :)

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #48 of 65
Tronz, I also have the Westone's ES5 and think they are great. I bought custom cable at RMAF by Moon audio to go with the balanced Ray Samuels SR-71B. I am also using a Cypher Labs with my I phone. I would like to know if you tried other custom cables like mine or whiplash audio. I would like the sound to have a touch more clarity in the treble. I don't know if its the Moon Audio or not.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #49 of 65

Quote:
Tronz, I also have the Westone's ES5 and think they are great. I bought custom cable at RMAF by Moon audio to go with the balanced Ray Samuels SR-71B. I am also using a Cypher Labs with my I phone. I would like to know if you tried other custom cables like mine or whiplash audio. I would like the sound to have a touch more clarity in the treble. I don't know if its the Moon Audio or not.

Personally, I don't believe cables priced beyond a standard quality cable makes any audible difference after my experience with them. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #54 of 65
Spectacular review Tronz, a true audiophile great work.

I have read you own the Beyers Tesla T1, which do you prefer ES5 or the T1s?
which sound more better of quality across the frequency spectrum?

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #55 of 65

Quote:
Spectacular review Tronz, a true audiophile great work.

I have read you own the Beyers Tesla T1, which do you prefer ES5 or the T1s?
which sound more better of quality across the frequency spectrum?

I can't really decide on which is 'better'. I love them both. The ES5's are really great because of it's portability and noise isolation and the T1's are too because of it's soundstage and more visceral feel. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #58 of 65
hmmm, having found a new level of clarity with the Ety HF series. I have ordered the ACS custom tips which is a first for me. if I like those and really want to step up my game I think these just went on the short list of what I will be looking at. Excellent review and these sound exactly like what I am wanting as I am not wanting a solid acrylic shell.

Out of curiosity how do these sound compared to the 1962 headphones that have a similar soft tip?

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #59 of 65

Quote:
hmmm, having found a new level of clarity with the Ety HF series. I have ordered the ACS custom tips which is a first for me. if I like those and really want to step up my game I think these just went on the short list of what I will be looking at. Excellent review and these sound exactly like what I am wanting as I am not wanting a solid acrylic shell.

Out of curiosity how do these sound compared to the 1962 headphones that have a similar soft tip?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard those IEM's you speak of.

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #60 of 65
Thanks Tronz;

The HF3 has a very mid-centric sound that is very clean, detailed and unveiled, the highs are clearly present and clean as well but only go up to 15KHz which I believe is deliberate by the manufacturer. The bass is present but is definitely on the light side and only goes down to 20hz.

Based on your review I am pretty sure the ES5 would bring a massive smile to my face just because of the mids and highs and if the bass is more impactful then I will really be happy.

But I won't be able to afford these for a good long while which will allow me to try out some custom tips on my HF3 to see how I like custom tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back