[REVIEW] Westone ES5 - Smooth meets clarity...
Aug 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 65
In terms of bass, I am most interested in the feeling of sub-bass, i have been told that many customs can generate the feeling in the ear canals...is the ES5 able to do so as well?

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #32 of 65

Quote:
In terms of bass, I am most interested in the feeling of sub-bass, i have been told that many customs can generate the feeling in the ear canals...is the ES5 able to do so as well?

Yes, with ease.
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #33 of 65
well, that pretty much settles it :)
now, if only i weren't a student...haha

but yeah, i was totally thinking of jh16's but it seems like the es5 has the more comfortable design so i would even be willing to sacrifice bass for that...but if dont have to....
o2smile.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #34 of 65

Quote:
well, that pretty much settles it :)
now, if only i weren't a student...haha

but yeah, i was totally thinking of jh16's but it seems like the es5 has the more comfortable design so i would even be willing to sacrifice bass for that...but if dont have to....
o2smile.gif

Even though there is 1 subwoofer per ear, the subwoofer is fairly massive and delivers a beautifully textured, tight, extended and detailed bass presentation. You'll enjoy it.
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #35 of 65
Put it this way, the ES5 has more than enough bass for me, and I like a warmer sound signature. If the JH-16 has more bass than the ES5, I'm anything but interested in even trying them.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #36 of 65
thanks for the feedback, i started my journey as a bass head and to some extent i still am...but i hate boomy bass and now realize that i like tight bass thats textured, controlled, and has a solid extension into subbass (useful for liquid dnb and the occassional dubstep moods)...seems like the es5 fit the bill

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #37 of 65

Quote:
thanks for the feedback, i started my journey as a bass head and to some extent i still am...but i hate boomy bass and now realize that i like tight bass thats textured, controlled, and has a solid extension into subbass (useful for liquid dnb and the occassional dubstep moods)...seems like the es5 fit the bill

I love DnB, and the ES5's will not disappoint for that specific genre.
wink_face.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #38 of 65
This might actually move my wallet....
redface.gif
 hv u heard JH 16 already. Any comparsion on those two?

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #40 of 65
Have you ever been compared es5 with sm3?from my experienced EarSonics has the the sweetest mid ever compared to my previous westone 2 and um3x,so my opinion EarSonics beats westone in mid region, does it applied to es5?

also the vocal presentation is very centre and has very good warm tone on sm3 which is I really like,how is the vocal presentation on es5?

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #41 of 65
No way.  The mids were the only thing I liked about the SM3 but nothing revelatory to me.  Though I'm used to universals w/ great mids ever since I started this hobby (Shure 500/530, Monster MD, Radius DDM, etc).  Was happy to sell them tbh but mostly due to the one note bass and incoherent SS and crappy shell design and snappable nozzles.  They did have the least microphonic cable I've ever used in an IEM though.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #42 of 65

Quote:
No way.  The mids were the only thing I liked about the SM3 but nothing revelatory to me.  Though I'm used to universals w/ great mids ever since I started this hobby (Shure 500/530, Monster MD, Radius DDM, etc).  Was happy to sell them tbh but mostly due to the one note bass and incoherent SS and crappy shell design and snappable nozzles.  They did have the least microphonic cable I've ever used in an IEM though.

What about ES5? do you have any experience

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #43 of 65
Nov 15, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #44 of 65
I am thinking about getting the ES5 customs from a Westone dealer in my region, I just wanted to ask. At what price did you guys get it for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back