[Review] UM Merlin, FS MG6Pro, AKG K3003
Apr 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #78 of 243

Quote:
Im actually am just craving for my Merlin to arrive! Im already looking at some upgrade cables..
any suggestions there for upgrade cables?

I've always found TWag to be a great iem cable. If you want copper and a bit cheaper then dhc neocleotide is awesome copper.
I personally would love to buy the TWag/TWcu Hybrid but it's $$.

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #79 of 243

Quote:
I've always found TWag to be a great iem cable. If you want copper and a bit cheaper then dhc neocleotide is awesome copper.
I personally would love to buy the TWag/TWcu Hybrid but it's $$.

While it may be a good cable but getting a reply from Craig is just..... a very long wait.
So I foresee a problem sending them back for repair or warranty purposes.
Not too sure if I should get it anyhow.
How often does these cables spoil with regular use anyway?

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #80 of 243

Quote:
While it may be a good cable but getting a reply from Craig is just..... a very long wait.
So I foresee a problem sending them back for repair or warranty purposes.
Not too sure if I should get it anyhow.
How often does these cables spoil with regular use anyway?

I know, but the TWag v2 is a great wire and wears well. Far better than the old TWag v1.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #82 of 243
Any updates on when the MG6pro will be coming back again?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #84 of 243
Just to let everyone know, I did receive them back on Thursday and fit is very good now.  It passes the Sensaphonic seal test.  I'm going to hold off on initial impression until I have 200 hours on them.  Not that I necessarily believe in mechanical run in making a huge change but rather to alleviate any questions or concerns over potential changes over time. So by next weekend I should have some impressions to post, and then start working on my full review and of course the comparisons to the Merlin.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #85 of 243

Quote:
Just to let everyone know, I did receive them back on Thursday and fit is very good now.  It passes the Sensaphonic seal test.  I'm going to hold off on initial impression until I have 200 hours on them.  Not that I necessarily believe in mechanical run in making a huge change but rather to alleviate any questions or concerns over potential changes over time. So by next weekend I should have some impressions to post, and then start working on my full review and of course the comparisons to the Merlin.

That's good news! I am looking forward to see your review and especially how do they sound in comparison to the Merlin. :) 
I am planning to get some hybrid CIEMs one day so these reviews will be very helpful for me. Thank you for your hard work!

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #86 of 243
Quote:

Actually, early impressions are good too, to be compared later with more "seasoned" ones.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #88 of 243
This is one of the reasons why I wanted to wait on my first impressions: I've learned the interchangeable vents affect more than just the bass and soundstage.  Until this time, I'd only used the medium vents (and tested the large before the first rebuild).  Today I tested all 3 and have decided I'll be mainly be using the small vents; and so far greatly prefer the small vent to the other two.  More to come later.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #89 of 243

Quote:
This is one of the reasons why I wanted to wait on my first impressions: I've learned the interchangeable vents affect more than just the bass and soundstage.  Until this time, I'd only used the medium vents (and tested the large before the first rebuild).  Today I tested all 3 and have decided I'll be mainly be using the small vents; and so far greatly prefer the small vent to the other two.  More to come later.

Hi, just to note: There are 4 vent options, not 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back