[Review] UM Merlin, FS MG6Pro, AKG K3003
Mar 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #48 of 243

Quote:
The ultimate question remains: Which is better, the Unique Melody Merlin or the JH-16 Pro? I feel as if this thread is stepping around this ultimate question. 

Ha! In that case it will never get around to your ultimate question, at least from me, as I have no plans to buy any high end JHA customs.  After I get a proper fitting and sounding MG6Pro, the next shiny things catching my eye are the AKG k3003 and FitEar To Go MH334.  Unless of course if something shinier comes along in the next few months.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #50 of 243

Quote:

Ha! In that case it will never get around to your ultimate question, at least from me, as I have no plans to buy any high end JHA customs.  After I get a proper fitting and sounding MG6Pro, the next shiny things catching my eye are the AKG k3003 and FitEar To Go MH334.  Unless of course if something shinier comes along in the next few months.

Ah, shucks, shotgunshane. I was hoping you would spring for the JH-16's and give us a full side-by-side comparison. You are already half-way there? ; )  Oh, while you're at it, just for the sake of analysis (of course), how about picking up a JH-3A?

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #51 of 243
My MG6Pro's were too big and caused some pain after 1-2 hours of listening.
Hopefully everything fits when I receive them!

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #55 of 243
Hi There,

I just read your review on the Merlin's and Imust say I agree with you. I received my Merlin's in December and have been listening to my high def music with my portable DAC and amp like I'm listening to the music for the first time as it probably sounded being recorded in the studio. I was wondering if you could possibly steer me in the right direction to find replacement in ear monitor cables. I'm looking for something of good quality but not something that will break the bank at over $300.00 USD. I;m really looking for a funky cool colour so if you know of any sellers that offer this I would appreciate your advice.

Allan

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #56 of 243
The only color custom cables that know of are Beat Audio cables that UM are resellers of. You can see pictures of them on www.custom-iem.com, then click on Beat Audio Cables on the left. I don't have any experience with them, so I can't comment on quality.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #59 of 243

Quote:
Do you use your customs on the go? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you want to use universals when leaving the house more often?

Speaking for myself I used to use my customs while commuting but seeing how they were getting so much wind/unwind frequent handling during my day, I chose to use one of my better universals instead while keeping the customs for home use or going out in a situation where I wouldn't be forced to take them off and put them away very often. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back