[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #451 of 3,824
The recabling looks like a project for Brian at btg-audio. If he can make the mh1c with a removable cable for under 80 bucks, so the total price of the mh1c with the mod and the cable remains under 100 bucks then the mh1 will be like one of the best iems around.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #452 of 3,824
Quote:
The recabling looks like a project for Brian at btg-audio. If he can make the mh1c with a removable cable for under 80 bucks, so the total price of the mh1c with the mod and the cable remains under 100 bucks then the mh1 will be like one of the best iems around.

I'm almost certain that he can and I was very close to contacting Brian, but since I was told in a different thread that I shouldn't mutilate the MH1C then I of course went ahead and did further damage than just messing with the foam/filter
wink_face.gif

Very important..Do not use pliers to remove the back or any kind of force, you may pull out the driver or disconnect the cables attached to it!!

I can't post a picture tonight since I don't have the right light around me etc. But it looks very possible after I trimmed the back part down, there are two cables, of course, running from the driver to a "platform" where the flat cable begins. I don't believe it's possible to solder directly on the micro drivers located right at the end of the housing since they most likely will fry, but the two cables, one inch in length, can be spliced/soldered with a new cable, me thinks...

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #453 of 3,824
Quote:
I'm almost certain that he can and I was very close to contacting Brian, but since I was told in a different thread that I shouldn't mutilate the MH1C then I of course went ahead and did further damage than just messing with the foam/filter
wink_face.gif

I was thinking the same think, it would be perfect with sockets for a detachable cable, so I sent him a message this morning, but haven't heard back yet.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #454 of 3,824
with such superb durability and build ,

a removable cable is overkill for me, 
 but still interested in seeing what brian has to offer! 
popcorn.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #456 of 3,824
I'd pay $100 to get this thing with some detached cables. They sound THAT good.

even though i paid $30,yes they sound brilliant for the price!! very sweet sound! and a solid construction! 

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #457 of 3,824
told you it will happen soon who's going to be the first?
popcorn.gif

BTW the person I got mine off on ebay has raised prices  a bit now, must have been the onslaught of the hundred or so orders in the past few days.
 Yeah I was just tallying up a couple more, hmm one to possibly attempt a recable myself, one for a backup, 2 for gifts... STILL just
beerchug.gif
UNDER $100!!!

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #458 of 3,824
Okay. Seriously. For anybody on the fence. Just buy them!!!! Buy 2 or 3 and give em to your friends so they can enjoy what it's like to hear hifi nirvana. These things can compete with some of the best out there. I know because not only do they sound better than the HJE900's and SA6's I had, I spent a good hour listening to my friends HD-25 II's today and while they sounded really good, I found myself missing my 5 hour burned in MH1C's!!

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #459 of 3,824
Quote:
Okay. Seriously. For anybody on the fence. Just buy them!!!! Buy 2 or 3 and give em to your friends ....

Well I did already have one coming , but then i read and thought about your post there, so that fence i was just sitting on waiting for the first one to arrive: I got off it , walked back down the road, hopped into the first truck I saw, and drove right through the fence smashing it into bits.
 All your fault.
 The different seller i got them from only charged me for shipping on one of them and refunded the shipping on the rest. That was a welcome surprise, and end result was well below what i had anticipated.
 I know a few people who will be getting a nice present out of the blue soon.
ph34r.gif

Ok no more

somebody please get that last one they have up - [e-vango] I don't want to see it  sitting there all lonely

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #460 of 3,824
lol, when I bought my pair for $21.00 this ebay member had sold 111 pairs. Today five days later and 171 pairs sold he's put the price up to $26.99

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170876113045?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 :wink:

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #461 of 3,824
yep the way this is going they'll be millionaires by next week. I opted for another seller this time due to
that but can you blame them, they must be confused
confused_face_2.gif

then the online search, ANY online search sent them straight here....

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #462 of 3,824
yep the way this is going they'll be millionaires by next week. I opted for another seller this time due to
that but can you blame them, they must be confused :confused_face_2:

then the online search, ANY online search sent them straight here....

Really confused, I'm sure half of them think they've been pricing them too low, hence the reason so many are selling. But in actual fact there's a rave party going on. :D

It's good we jumped in early at the lower price because the way this is going they'll keep increasing them.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #463 of 3,824
Just got my pair today. This is absolutely ridiculous. They sound just like the EX600 with a bit less impressive sound stage, and possibly more realistic bass presentation. Absolutely unbelievable. And they fit and isolate much, much, much better. It's almost like an Etymotic HF5 with bass you can feel.

Thank you so much ClieOS and others who have been espousing these. Wow.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #464 of 3,824
171?? lol wow.. that's really quick, where did the numbers came from?? are there many lurkers around here??

When i got it i remember it was 109 or something.. now i'm thinking if I should have gotten 2 or 3 extra pairs lol

So now this seller have the best price in ebay at $22.50 (only sold 6) but im sure that will chance in a few more days
smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Original-SONY-headset-headphone-Fr-MH1C-LT28i-LT22I-ST25I-MT25I-MT27I-LT26I-ST21-/321011418296?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4abdc584b8

Quote:
lol, when I bought my pair for $21.00 this ebay member had sold 111 pairs. Today five days later and 171 pairs sold he's put the price up to $26.99
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170876113045?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
wink.gif

Quote:
Really confused, I'm sure half of them think they've been pricing them too low, hence the reason so many are selling. But in actual fact there's a rave party going on.
biggrin.gif

It's good we jumped in early at the lower price because the way this is going they'll keep increasing them.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #465 of 3,824
SOUNDSTIGE:

Yamaha HP-2 > Etymotic ER-4S > Fostex T10 > Sony MH1C > Fostex T20....

Now you're speaking my language. Seriously hey. That's sure saying something. WOW  And that's the T20 v2 yellow writing if I'm not mistaken?

just , wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back