Review: PreSonus Central Station (DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp)
Nov 9, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #271 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg
I am in the early stages of building a vinyl system and was wondering if the RCA inputs on my Presonus CS can be utilized to process the turntable signal to my tube amplifier. Since I intend to use either a mid priced mm or mc cartridge on the turntable, the PreSonus Central station whould work really well and save me purchasing another piece of equipment. Agree?

I can't see how the CS could possibly work with a "table". Preamps aren't really necessary for modern digital processors and are esentially just a hold over from the Vinyl era when the signal actually needed to boosted and, if I understand correctly, equalized. I can't see how a passive "preamp" (which doesn't actually "amplify" anything and takes advantage of the fact that digital signals only need to be "attenuated") could possibly work for your application.

May 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #273 of 276
Where does the Lavry DA 10 fit into the DAC choices. Some threads say it is better than the DAC 1. Does it have a headphone amp? Can it run with a balanced output to a Re-cabled headphone for balanced listening? Other than cost, how does the SQ of he DAC compare with the central station???

May 6, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #274 of 276
The DA-10 does have a headphone amp which works best with lower impedance cans (Grados). It can run headphones directly out of the balanced outputs (works better with higher impedance cans).

Unfortunately, I can't answer the question about SQ. I haven't heard the DA10
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #275 of 276
The CS seems to be VERY powerful, but many units are returned due to errors. However, I'm from Norway and would like to buy one of these babies. The price over here is $1050 !! And I won't buy anything on eBay, due to lost warranty and possible errors to the unit. I've also read that the power supply is mainly aimed towards the US market, and needs modifications in order to be used in other countries? Is this a fact?

In Norway we have 230V voltage at 50Hz compared to the 120V at 60Hz in USA. Also, the power-cord needed over here is a IEC320 - CEE7/7.

Picture --> Image:pC flex with CEE 7-7 plug.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How should I proceed in order to get a normal-priced unit which works with the Norwegian power-supply?

Help
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #276 of 276
Hello All,

I have the Presonus Central Station and I am wondering if there is an easy way to set it up as a speaker switcher? I have an amp and pre amp and was wondering if someone could suggest how I could wire the central station up to be a speaker switcher.

Thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back