Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14]
Apr 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #331 of 756
After reading this thread (and the review, thanks Ultrazino!) I feel very interested in the L1. I'm currently looking for a decent full-sized portable allrounder, and it seems the L1 could fullfill these reqirements wonderfully. So today I've ordered a L1 and a Sony MDR-Z1000. Curious to see (well, hear) which one turns out to be the better choice. The other will show up in the classifieds section soon...

By the way, I'm a bit surprised to see that for once we Europeans seem to be getting better prices than you guys in the US. The L1 is sold here for 220 USD, the Z1000 for 320 USD. Not worth importing from overseas this time :)

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #332 of 756
Well Sony and Philips are huge and cheap in europe. Sony XB are also among the few headphones I could get for like better price in europe than US, even in Finland. I expect L1 will be sold very cheap in france/germany especially. Where did you order yours from? If price is right, say 170 EURish I may give L1 a try at least.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #333 of 756

Quote:
Well Sony and Philips are huge and cheap in europe.

That does not have to mean much - even companies based in Germany such as Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic usually don't sell their products cheaper in Europe. Anyway, I ordered my L1 from microspot.ch - reliable seller, but I'm afraid they don't ship internationally. It's the only shop here in Switzerland that lists them, I couldn't find them elsewhere unfortunately. In Germany and other EU countries, It seems the L1 is sold for around 240-250€...

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #334 of 756
The L1s were shortly sold for like 179€ in Germany, some1 here picked them up for that price, lucky guy haha. And as far Sony and Philips goes, wasn't relating to geographical manufacturer HQ locations, it's just if I look around here in Finland at least, Sony and Philips have always been widely available and cheap in comparision to other much less common brands (Philips probably most common brand seen in marketplaces in Finland for sure, followed by Sony). Good luck finding stuff like Audio Technica or Denon here anywhere reasonable pricing, if you even find the same price figure in EUR as the USD price and ignore the converted price figure, that's even a good deal. M50 has always been sold for the lowest price around 145 EUR here for example and Denon D2000 probably normally goes for around 300 EUR. Sony XB500 which I bought can be picked up for 38 EUR though for example, if you can currently find them for $60 in US that's pretty good price already, just saying Sony and Philips has always been cheap around here at least.

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #335 of 756

Quote:
Agreed with your assessment Beagle. For me though the honk never went away.

I've given up on these. After extended listening for several days, bass is too forward, mids and treble sink into the background. Sending them back. When the KRK 8400 starts to sound amazing in comparison, you know something is wrong.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #336 of 756

Quote:
I've given up on these. After extended listening for several days, bass is too forward, mids and treble sink into the background. Sending them back. When the KRK 8400 starts to sound amazing in comparison, you know something is wrong.

LOL!
It seems you have both ends of the spectrum by having the L1s and the KRKs then! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back