REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
May 7, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #676 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could have sworn there are photos of them being worn posted somewhere in the thread. You'll just have to look harder?

EDIT - I did it for you - searched for all posts by HeadphoneAddict with the word "photo" in them. Found one post: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ml#post5238971

WOW they are literally all the way in and it looks comfy!

dam my small ears I will try that in 40 minutes when I leave

Yes I got mine a week ago and burned them in for 2-3 days and Had to stop there cause of school and such so im using them about 2-4 hours each day.

They are absolutely brilliant. Its the second night in a row that ive slept with them (accidently) but they never came off and the comply's are very comfy. and isolate oh so good. I rode my bike for an hour and the wind noise is to a minimal, and very dangerous because I cant hear any cars haha
Then it started to rain, but I wasnt that worried
o2smile.gif

They sound brilliant and compared to my 2 year old Headbanger Audio Universal IEM's, they Sound much nicer, The bass response is a big + (the speed) I cant really say much else because im just getting into this crazy headphone world. I had those universals and the Bose triport around ear for a while...what garbage.

Anyways thanks HPA and It looks like I will have these for a pretty long while. Couple friends already offered to buy it from me hehe.

Regards

And I have the iPhone 2G

May 23, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #678 of 854
I haven't read everything, but it seems that in order for the NuForce to be worthwhile, you need to spend another 20$ on comply tips, which is a ridiculous price for pieces of foam. Perhaps i should go for the PK3's instead?

May 24, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #679 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterControversy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't read everything, but it seems that in order for the NuForce to be worthwhile, you need to spend another 20$ on comply tips, which is a ridiculous price for pieces of foam. Perhaps i should go for the PK3's instead?

Whatever you have read, understand that every one's ears are different shaped and sized. I have no problems getting a very good seal on the NE-7M using the stock tips that come with it.

The NE-7M and the PK3 are very different phones. NE-7M is bright and deep (mids can be EQ'd up a bit), where as the PK3 is very mid-range thick while still giving good detail -- bass is sufficient, but highs are a bit shy, to me.

May 24, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #680 of 854
I have been using the Comply tips and have enjoyed them but I recently purchased the Shure e2c tips as I was on my last pair of Comply's. I would have to agree with most here that they are even better than the Comply tips. They open up the sound a bit more with a clearer top end with just a bit less bass and most importantly you don't have to worry about replacing them all the time.

May 24, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #682 of 854
Quick question, what is the process to burn-in the Nuforce ne7m headphones. What volume setting is necessary and wat type of music should I play for best results. I'm also stuck on which foam tips to buy: Shure e2c or comply t400. Thanks! Great review btw Headphoneaddict, u persuaded me to buy it. haha

May 24, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #683 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by soccer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, what is the process to burn-in the Nuforce ne7m headphones. What volume setting is necessary and wat type of music should I play for best results. I'm also stuck on which foam tips to buy: Shure e2c or comply t400. Thanks! Great review btw Headphoneaddict, u persuaded me to buy it. haha

I played infected mushroom electronic music for burn-in, 24/7, at normal volumes, and the majority of it was done between 85-95 hours. I only use the Shure tips lately.

May 25, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #685 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by soccer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks alot for the quick reply. Can you tell me the specific model of the Shure tips that you have bought or where I can order these. What size is usually safe to buy? Thanks

The answer is right here in this thread - you can search it just as well as I can.

May 27, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #686 of 854
Just received the NE-7M, purchased after reading the review and comments here (thanks, HA).

My impressions, briefly. These sound different than any bud/IEM I've heard anywhere near this price range (see below for my disclaimer). Those who want artificially boosted bass will want to avoid them - they're way more neutral than most. There's even a bit too much midrange 'crunch' in them right now, which was smoothed out a bit when I used the EQ feature in my iPod. However, I don't much like to EQ things, I'd rather hear the mix as it was made. Overall, though, I'm very impressed with the imaging and the clarity. Separation of instruments in a track like Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't She Lovely' is so good that for the price, I would have to say it's amazing.

One odd thing is that certain tunes on my iPod are causing them to break up at relatively low volumes. Not sure if this is an issue with the track itself or what.

I'll be interested to see what the burn-in process brings. Bottom line is that these are a refreshing change from the 'loudness button' profile that I've noticed in the cheaper earbuds that I've heard (and I admit that I have never even heard a set of BA drivers. I do listen to music for work, and so I have at least a decent idea of how a neutral device sounds).

Now, to business. I want to get some Comply foam tips (T400), but I can't order them through Amazon (won't ship to Canada!). I also want to try the Shure E2c tips. If anyone wants to ship some of either brand up to me here in Toronto, please PM me. Yes, I know I could eventually find them, but why bother if a trusted seller here can just take care of it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Whoops! Hmmm, I can't post a WTB thread, so I guess there's a post minimum in the FS/WTB forums? Sorry, mods, I had no intention of violating TOU by posting my request here.

May 27, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #688 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in Toronto as well. If you search on Ebay you can find both of them. I think there is a Comply seller that is in Toronto on Ebay.

Ok, thanks. I'll hit Ebay now and see if I can find him.

Yes, got him, thanks for the tip (get it?? Tip??)

May 27, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #689 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by mset /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received the NE-7M, purchased after reading the review and comments here (thanks, HA).

My impressions, briefly. These sound different than any bud/IEM I've heard anywhere near this price range (see below for my disclaimer). Those who want artificially boosted bass will want to avoid them - they're way more neutral than most. There's even a bit too much midrange 'crunch' in them right now, which was smoothed out a bit when I used the EQ feature in my iPod. However, I don't much like to EQ things, I'd rather hear the mix as it was made. Overall, though, I'm very impressed with the imaging and the clarity. Separation of instruments in a track like Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't She Lovely' is so good that for the price, I would have to say it's amazing.

One odd thing is that certain tunes on my iPod are causing them to break up at relatively low volumes. Not sure if this is an issue with the track itself or what.

I'll be interested to see what the burn-in process brings. Bottom line is that these are a refreshing change from the 'loudness button' profile that I've noticed in the cheaper earbuds that I've heard (and I admit that I have never even heard a set of BA drivers. I do listen to music for work, and so I have at least a decent idea of how a neutral device sounds).

Now, to business. I want to get some Comply foam tips (T400), but I can't order them through Amazon (won't ship to Canada!). I also want to try the Shure E2c tips. If anyone wants to ship some of either brand up to me here in Toronto, please PM me. Yes, I know I could eventually find them, but why bother if a trusted seller here can just take care of it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Whoops! Hmmm, I can't post a WTB thread, so I guess there's a post minimum in the FS/WTB forums? Sorry, mods, I had no intention of violating TOU by posting my request here.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy them even more with burn-in and the recommended tips. I'm also fairly certain that some of the eBay sellers will sell you the E2c tips and ship to Canada.

May 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #690 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also fairly certain that some of the eBay sellers will sell you the E2c tips and ship to Canada.

Thanks HA. An eBay search for 'E2C tips' returned no hits. Are these the ones you like, or are you using the flex sleeves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back