REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
May 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #707 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a medium with everything except the Klipsch X10 where I needed to use large - so I think if you use large for the Nuforce you need large for the SHure tips.

The stock tips do not isolate as well as the Shure or Complys tips, and the stock ones let some sound through as I mentioned in my review. To figure out what size and ear canal position I need, I always start with the medium and slowly insert them until I hear sounds being blocked or muffled and I stop pushing them in at that point. If I don't get a drop in external sound no matter how deep I put them in, then the tip is too small. If I can't get the tip to grab and hang onto my ear because it wont go in easily, then it is too large.

Once I have the right size, then I try music to see if I get full bass which means I have a good seal. I then try pushing them in deeper to see if the seal breaks (where a too large tip wrinkles up in the canal) or if the sound quality changes. Usually after a few tries I can find the best position for best sound. Sometimes when I push some earphones in more deeply, the treble becomes muffled and rolled off, or they sound darker. I do not have that "too deep = no treble" issue with the Nuforce, Altec Lansing, Etymotic or with most Shure earphones. Those sound best for me the deeper I insert them. I do have that "deep insertion treble problem" with Ultimate Ears, Sleek SA6, Klipsch X10, q-JAYS, Westone 3, Phonak PFE - where they sound best with a shallow insertion, with the IEM pushed in just far enough to grab and seal on the ear canal wall. (strangely, I have custom tips that go in very deep and they work fine with the X10 and W3, probably because the sound hole isn't becoming blocked or compressed).

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I will try the large tips and follow your advices for the seek of the perfect seal.

May 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #708 of 854
Just went from the W3's to the NE-7M's and didn't throw up. (I'm going to bed and try to avoid sleeping in W3's or IE8's) I was actually pretty impressed with how these sound after having not listened to them for a while due to IE8's, UM3X's, W3's and PFE's. Two thumbs up.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #709 of 854
want to say thanks guys

i got the NE-7s after reading about them on here.
they're pretty solid. solid good, only issue is medium build quality
cant complain for 50$
just hope the last. i had to already trade then in for because one of the channels died.
BUT they were great about it, sent me the replacement right away with a return envelope

great customer service.

special thanks to headphoneaddict for the advice

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #713 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
want to say thanks guys

i got the NE-7s after reading about them on here.
they're pretty solid. solid good, only issue is medium build quality
cant complain for 50$
just hope the last. i had to already trade then in for because one of the channels died.
BUT they were great about it, sent me the replacement right away with a return envelope

great customer service.

special thanks to headphoneaddict for the advice

Mine just died after owning them for less than a week. I was thinking of just getting rid of them. I've never had a set of "premium" headphones die on me so fast. My Creative EP-630 kill it in build quality (and sound similar might I add, underrated IEMs IMO). It wasn't much of a jump and I was thinking of cashing out and waiting for something better on the horizon.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #715 of 854
Well, since a round in the washing machine didn't kill them, a serious night out on the pubs followed by karaoke eventually led me to lose my precious my C551s...

As I can't find them for a decent price anymore in Australia and am not allowed to get the X10s, I stumbled across this thread. Ordered from Nuforce NE-7M Apple IPhone 3G IPOD MIC earphone headset - eBay Headphones Earbuds, For MP3 Players, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 22-Jun-09 14:13:55 AEST) for $50 + 11 shipping to Australia (from Singapore) is not bad at all.

I'll post a comparison once I get these hopefully by the end of this week (fingers crossed). I hope the stock tips provide a good seal for me. Finding affordable Complys (Complies?) or Shures could be a problem down under (price-wise at least).

Thanks yet again to the OP and all other contributors for their constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Sadda

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #716 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine just died after owning them for less than a week. I was thinking of just getting rid of them. I've never had a set of "premium" headphones die on me so fast. My Creative EP-630 kill it in build quality (and sound similar might I add, underrated IEMs IMO). It wasn't much of a jump and I was thinking of cashing out and waiting for something better on the horizon.

Probably just bad luck for a bad IEM. Mine have been going strong since last year, and for the price I can't recommend anything to beat them. You never know when you might get a bad item of anything, and getting one doesn't mean they all will go bad.

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #717 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go to this website: NuForce Consumer Products Help Desk - powered by PerlDesk Help Desk Software

Register and open up a RMA request and state what happened. They will get you a replacement set in the mail by the next day with a pre-paid mailer to return the defective set.

I had my set for about 4 weeks when the right ear bud died. Nuforce was very responsive and let me know what was going on along the way. Thus far, my replacement set is working fine. Hope it stays that way.

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #718 of 854
I emailed them through the help desk stating they were broken and got an email today stating they were shipping new ones with a return envelope for the broken one. I guess I'm going to give it another try. Good thing I didn't get rid of my creative IEMs, going a few days without good sound music on the go will drive me nuts.

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #720 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeZsaZsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
question on the Shure tips....is the the round ones (soft flex sleeves) or the longer ones (foam sleeves) ? : Shure - Sleeves

We've put links here to these Shure soft grey silicone flex sleeves before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back