REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Apr 16, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #631 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking of getting these Nuforce Ne-7M, but really want multi-flange tips. So far I have been considering buying some outright (from either head direct, or ultimate ears on amazon), or buying soundmagic PL11 and using the tips that come with that phone. They look EXACTLY the same as the NuForce, so I'm assuming the tips would fit. Have you guys used any of these tips?

head direct: Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi Double Flange Silicone Ear Tips: Everything Else (these ones I emailed the seller about and they said that they are compatible.)

Sound Magic PL12 Hi-Fi Ear Plug Earphone $12.4 - Free Shipping

Yes, the SoundMAGIC tips work with the NE-7M.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #634 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been thinking of getting these Nuforce Ne-7M, but really want multi-flange tips. So far I have been considering buying some outright (from either head direct, or ultimate ears on amazon), or buying soundmagic PL11 and using the tips that come with that phone. They look EXACTLY the same as the NuForce, so I'm assuming the tips would fit. Have you guys used any of these tips?

head direct: Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi Double Flange Silicone Ear Tips: Everything Else (these ones I emailed the seller about and they said that they are compatible.)

Sound Magic PL12 Hi-Fi Ear Plug Earphone $12.4 - Free Shipping

The sound magic are different and not reported to sound as good. You could see if you could buy the bi-flange tips that come with the NE-8, and use those on the NE-7M. I personally don't like multi-flange tips and avoid them whenever I can.

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #636 of 854
I got my NE-7M and These things sounds thin to me.Do you think Its the fit issue? I am planning to get the comply tips today top have a better seal.

Apr 20, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #638 of 854
Thank you a lot tstarn06.I Will order the compies now(even they are way t oo overprized)
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #639 of 854
How is the build quality of these? Any reports of earpiece failings like with those other 'phones from China that were popular on here from a while back (that look a lot like these except with red/blue earpieces instead of gold)?

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #640 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about ER4S or Atrios, but the Super.fi cannot compete with their sucked out mids and harsh highs that make them sound artificial. I would prefer the NE-7M over my old ER6i, SE310, e4c, Denon C700, Super.fi and possibly even my old q-JAYS or the SA-6 I once borrowed. They are close to my depodded IM716 but with more bass (unless 716 are amped), so I can see where an ER4 could be better. I assume people might look at my profile for what I've owned and sold before.

Actually I have bought it a lmost a week ago and didnt have the comply tips but I wouldnt prefer them over my SE310 indeed.There is a huge different to my ears,

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #641 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I have bought it a lmost a week ago and didnt have the comply tips but I wouldnt prefer them over my SE310 indeed.There is a huge different to my ears,

The somewhat dull sound quality of the SE310 when used un-amped is one thing that caused me to (1) buy the Denon C700 and (2) also come to head-fi looking for any other solutions.

Like the IM716, the SE310 wake up considerably when amped, but at the time I had them I was using them from the 5.5G iPod video and 2G Nano headphone out. They just didn't sound as good for the money as they should have without needing an amp. Amped with my Tomahawk (which I bought after I joined head-fi) the SE310 sounded much better, and I sold my E4c because I preferred the SE310 more.

But my goal was to find an IEM that sounded great without an amp - the C700 was one of those, as was the SE530, Image X10 and Phonak Audeo. More recently, the NE-7M was one that sounds good right out of an iPod or iPhone, and I would use them as an iPhone head-set with my iPhone 3G, which means they can't be used with an amp or you lose the microphone capability. If the SE310 had a mic and had to be used unamped with my iPhone I would not have been as excited about them as I am the NE-7M and Phonak Audeo.

If I only used an amp when listening while portable, and never used the headphone out of a DAP, my rating would likely be different and the SE310 would pul away a little for the extra detail and refinement.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #642 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The somewhat dull sound quality of the SE310 when used un-amped is one thing that caused me to (1) buy the Denon C700 and (2) also come to head-fi looking for any other solutions.

Like the IM716, the SE310 wake up considerably when amped, but at the time I had them I was using them from the 5.5G iPod video and 2G Nano headphone out. They just didn't sound as good for the money as they should have without needing an amp. Amped with my Tomahawk (which I bought after I joined head-fi) the SE310 sounded much better, and I sold my E4c because I preferred the SE310 more.

But my goal was to find an IEM that sounded great without an amp - the C700 was one of those, as was the SE530, Image X10 and Phonak Audeo. More recently, the NE-7M was one that sounds good right out of an iPod or iPhone, and I would use them as an iPhone head-set with my iPhone 3G, which means they can't be used with an amp or you lose the microphone capability. If the SE310 had a mic and had to be used unamped with my iPhone I would not have been as excited about them as I am the NE-7M and Phonak Audeo.

If I only used an amp when listening while portable, and never used the headphone out of a DAP, my rating would likely be different and the SE310 would pul away a little for the extra detail and refinement.

I think Shure SE310 sounds very well unumped but with my iriver clix2.well lets say my old.I sold it actually.Maybe your ipod sounds thin and thats what makes you love the NE-7m.ı dont mean they are bad.but ipod sounded always thin to me and nuforce can make it sounds the way it should be.Its a balance..

Now When I listen my NE-7m with my clip.ıt sounds somehow too bassy with some songs,Its great on classical music.but on trance and electronic music bass sounds too much and almost disturbing,Not I am totally unhappy with them but I think I expected too much from them..

In addition to this I only used se310 with fiio e3 and yes even with that little gadget it sounded much better.I agree you with that.but to an extand
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #643 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Shure SE310 sounds very well unumped but with my iriver clix2.well lets say my old.I sold it actually.Maybe your ipod sounds thin and thats what makes you love the NE-7m.ı dont mean they are bad.but ipod sounded always thin to me and nuforce can make it sounds the way it should be.Its a balance..

Now When I listen my NE-7m with my clip.ıt sounds somehow too bassy with some songs,Its great on classical music.but on trance and electronic music bass sounds too much and almost disturbing,Not I am totally unhappy with them but I think I expected too much from them..

In addition to this I only used se310 with fiio e3 and yes even with that little gadget it sounded much better.I agree you with that.but to an extand
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the source or DAP does make a difference in the un-amped sound. The NE-7M right out of an iPod Nano 3G/4G or iPhone are enjoyable and not over the top, and just get better with an amp but I don't feel one is needed. Sometimes I think the C700 are tuned to sound best from the older/duller sounding iPods, and with the newer ones the C700 bass is too bloated and the highs are too edgy. I don't have that issue with the NE-7M and the iPhone or newer iPods. Also, to add to this, there are many good IEM that need to be amped for me to enjoy them - including SE310, E4c, ER6i, RE2, NE-8, IM716 and Sleek SA6 (as far as IEM that I have experienced). It doesn't matter what DAP I use with them as they never sounded as good as when amped.

I also think I wasn't clear that I owned the SE310 at different times than the NE-7M, and talked about them in the past tense. My experience with SE310 vs C700 un-amped in 2007 resulted in me eventually selling the SE310 (why keep the SE310 when I also had the SE530). Then a year later in my NE-7M review I only compared the NE-7M to the C700 and X10 because that is all I had left that would compete with them (the SE530 were well above these). I did not get to listen to the SE310 side by side with the NE-7M. But, I did find the NE-7M to be better than the C700 and by logical extension one could say that the NE-7M are then also better than the SE310.

But that is not entirely true - I would say the NE-7M are better than C700 in the bass control and treble smoothness, which are similar things that the SE310 have over the C700. So that really puts the NE-7M between the SE310 and the C700 in terms of sound signature when un-amped. The SE310 just didn't have that spark of life to the sound without an amp, and I didn't want to carry an amp around all the time. The C700 are colored enough that it is harder to find an amp that they sound good with, while the NE-7M and SE310 were less picky.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #644 of 854
Hi HeadphoneAddict,

I am in process of upgrading my Shure e4c to either Shure SE530 or Klipsch Image X10, I read you've experienced both how do you compare both, I listen to lot of Dance, Techno but on the other extreme end I also listen to classical music and really appreciate to hear the details of each and every instruments even musicians foot tapping.

So in terms of Bass how do Shure SE530 compare to X10s and in detail I know Shure SE530 do better job then X10 may be you can endorse that. It's real tough decision for me to chose either one of these and without any demo which is impossible to get I am looking to person who have experienced both.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #645 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigel801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi HeadphoneAddict,

I am in process of upgrading my Shure e4c to either Shure SE530 or Klipsch Image X10, I read you've experienced both how do you compare both, I listen to lot of Dance, Techno but on the other extreme end I also listen to classical music and really appreciate to hear the details of each and every instruments even musicians foot tapping.

So in terms of Bass how do Shure SE530 compare to X10s and in detail I know Shure SE530 do better job then X10 may be you can endorse that. It's real tough decision for me to chose either one of these and without any demo which is impossible to get I am looking to person who have experienced both.

I know this is off-topic, but I'll take a stab at it. I have not been able to compare the two directly, since my SE530 have been in a custom molded acrylic shell since 03/08 and I didn't get the X10 till 08/08. I did compare my custom SE530 to the stock X10 and I prefer the custom SE530 more than the X10 for detail and soundstage and neutrality. Stock the SE530 had more bass and less treble than they do as a custom. But the stock SE530 and X10 should be somewhat similar, believe it or not. I still liked both.

To get the most transparency and cleanest treble and bass from the X10 I used them with the large ear-gels and a shallow insertion, and loved them. To get the same thing from the SE530 I used the medium black foam tips with a deep insertion. I think overall, the Image X10 would be a better choice for what you need. They will still have less cable cracking issues, maybe cost less, and be quicker to insert and remove.

The one thing I do remember is that I was able to compare the SE530 to the Westone 3 prototype in 10/07 and the W3 made the SE530 sound thin and lacking. The Westone 3 vs X10 in 11/08 left me with that same impression. When not compared to the W3, the SE530 and X10 both sounded very good, but in direct comparison the W3 were fuller with more presence and more engaging than either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back