REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Mar 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #604 of 854
The first link shows the phones in a round container. That is definitely not how they are packaged nor does it come in the box.the picture of the microphone switch also seems not quite the same as mine in both pictures but that can also be flattening out by the camera that took the pictures.

These are pretty popular headphones right now. If this price is really low I suspect they are clones.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #605 of 854
i suspect they are more of stolen goods or defective units. somehow i don't believe that china people will clone nuforce, as they aren't well known brands like shures or bose.

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #606 of 854
Mine arrived yesterday and I just have a couple of comments:

1. I'm awaiting the arrival of Comply tips because the stock tips really don't work for me. Either my ear canals are deformed or I'm continually inserting them wrong.

2. Whenever I use the 7Ms with my iBook G4, if I push the connector in all the way, I'm treated to a ghostly echo and diminished sound. I have to pull the connector out a little to hear normally, but doing so creates hiss. Is there any way to correct this slight problem?

3. I use an old 1G iPod Nano on the go and while I don't get hiss or anything, there seems to be insufficient power to drive the earphones. Whether or not it has to do with the poor isolation of the stock sleeves I don't know. I was thinking of getting an amp, like the Fiio E3 or E5?

4. The included case looks like and is probably a change purse.
smily_headphones1.gif

Overall, I'm impressed with the sound so far, even with the poor isolation. They're definitely much better in comparison to my EP-630s. I've been playing pink noise through them whenever they're not in use.

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #607 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by erythrophyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine arrived yesterday and I just have a couple of comments:

1. I'm awaiting the arrival of Comply tips because the stock tips really don't work for me. Either my ear canals are deformed or I'm continually inserting them wrong.

2. Whenever I use the 7Ms with my iBook G4, if I push the connector in all the way, I'm treated to a ghostly echo and diminished sound. I have to pull the connector out a little to hear normally, but doing so creates hiss. Is there any way to correct this slight problem?

3. I use an old 1G iPod Nano on the go and while I don't get hiss or anything, there seems to be insufficient power to drive the earphones. Whether or not it has to do with the poor isolation of the stock sleeves I don't know. I was thinking of getting an amp, like the Fiio E3 or E5?

4. The included case looks like and is probably a change purse.
smily_headphones1.gif

Overall, I'm impressed with the sound so far, even with the poor isolation. They're definitely much better in comparison to my EP-630s. I've been playing pink noise through them whenever they're not in use.

Put a Shure Volume Attenuator between the NE-7M and iBook, and you will get a solid connection - then roll the volume on the attenuator about 2 - 3 mm quieter and the hiss will go away. Some Macs do have a bit of hiss with most IEM in the headphone out, including my old Macbook and iBook (which is what lead me to buy so many DAC/amps to review).

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #608 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put a Shure Volume Attenuator between the NE-7M and iBook, and you will get a solid connection - then roll the volume on the attenuator about 2 - 3 mm quieter and the hiss will go away. Some Macs do have a bit of hiss with most IEM in the headphone out, including my old Macbook and iBook (which is what lead me to buy so many DAC/amps to review).

Thanks for your reply. Would you happen to know where I can get one of those in Canada? Or even online from a company that doesn't charge expensive shipping? The shipping and import fees for the 7M were already considerable. Thanks again.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #609 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by erythrophyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your reply. Would you happen to know where I can get one of those in Canada? Or even online from a company that doesn't charge expensive shipping? The shipping and import fees for the 7M were already considerable. Thanks again.

Don't know - try eBay. Mine was only $10 + shipping from a seller there a while back.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #610 of 854
Can someone make sure this is the right part? Shure Canada. If so the shipping to Calgary for me was $9.29 CAN plus the $23.00 for the kit. I never ordered it (as I do not have this issue at the moment) but thought I would pass on the information.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #612 of 854
I recently purchased a Shure i2c. From what I understand, they are the e2c with a mic. However, I have had trouble fitting the tips on my Nuforce. Am I doing something wrong? Or are these not compatible with the ne-7?

Thanks

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #613 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspireD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased a Shure i2c. From what I understand, they are the e2c with a mic. However, I have had trouble fitting the tips on my Nuforce. Am I doing something wrong? Or are these not compatible with the ne-7?

Thanks

I know nothing about the i2c, but the e2c tips install fairly easily on the NE-7M.

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #615 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by piy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anybody use these iems with iPhone 3g? I cannot get the mic/button to work. I even cleaned out the iPhone jack and it still doesn't work. help me.

There's no magic to it I'm afraid. If you make a call with the 7m's plugged in, the mic should be active. If you're listening to music and press the button, it should pause.

If those functions aren't working correctly, you may want to contact nuforce to arrange for a return and exchange
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back