REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #586 of 854
Doesn't seem like anyone can. If you dig around you can compare your headphones with other headphones and from there compare those to one of the more current headphones that are out now. Just buy the Ne-7m's they sound better than just about any other iem under $100. If you don't like them return them.

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #588 of 854
Hey,

I've ordered the 7M yesterday and am awaiting its arrival. I live in Canada - Ontario to be exact - and wondering where I can get either the Shure E2C flex sleeves or the Comply T400 online or in-store, but not from the manufacturers' sites, if possible?

Thanks.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #589 of 854
I bought a pair of these a few months back after reading this thread also, and don't regret it at all. They are more than worth the price, but I have to dispute that they are better than the Denon C700's. Just so much more body and depth to the music with the Denons IMHO. I use both un-amped straight from my ipod, so that must be taken into consideration.

I still would have no problem recommending them. It's all subjective.

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #591 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitary1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of these a few months back after reading this thread also, and don't regret it at all. They are more than worth the price, but I have to dispute that they are better than the Denon C700's. Just so much more body and depth to the music with the Denons IMHO. I use both un-amped straight from my ipod, so that must be taken into consideration.

I still would have no problem recommending them. It's all subjective.

Unamped the Denon have a powerful bass and bright treble that lets you listen at lower volumes, but at higher volumes the C700 bass becomes sloppy and the highs become irritating to me.

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #592 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unamped the Denon have a powerful bass and bright treble that lets you listen at lower volumes, but at higher volumes the C700 bass becomes sloppy and the highs become irritating to me.

Can't say that I have experienced that phenomenon.

To each his reach I always say.

Mar 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #594 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by erythrophyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

I've ordered the 7M yesterday and am awaiting its arrival. I live in Canada - Ontario to be exact - and wondering where I can get either the Shure E2C flex sleeves or the Comply T400 online or in-store, but not from the manufacturers' sites, if possible?

Thanks.

Shure Tips

I bought my comply tips from Ebay here for $19.95US plus $3US shipping for a pack of 5 tips. They came from Toronto so should arrive quickly for you. The packaging they came with was very minimal and there was no Comply markings so I can not say if they were legit or not but the seller has %100 feedback and they look like they are the real thing to me and are VERY COMFORTABLE.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #597 of 854
I can not say as I have only had mine for a week or so. But the construction looks very good to me. I think the L plug looks very durable and well done. It is bendable which would indicate to me that it will stand up well and also will not add to much stress to my expensive Ipod Touch (rather have to buy new headphones than the player). The cable itself is a bit stiff but I like that as I think it makes cord tangling less likely. I also think the contruction of the earphone itself seems solid (but it is not all metal like some phones).

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #598 of 854
mine are their way from the states woo!, look forward to see how they work with my Samsung YP-K3 player. Horrible standard earphones, not comfy at all, and they just don't fit well.

Then i shall see if i need to purchase the FiiO E5

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #599 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the durability of ne7m?

I recall someone complaining about the plastic on the L-jack being too brittle and cracking, but my pair have held up to general daily abuse just fine and have always seemed quite robust.

I'll confess I've dropped them few times...once into my gin & tonic.... To my great relief, the submerged driver survived its baptism with seemingly no adverse effects. Idiot proof and safe to operate while intoxicated - what more could you ask for?
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #600 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recall someone complaining about the plastic on the L-jack being too brittle and cracking, but my pair have held up to general daily abuse just fine and have always seemed quite robust.

I'll confess I've dropped them few times...once into my gin & tonic.... To my great relief, the submerged driver survived its baptism with seemingly no adverse effects. Idiot proof and safe to operate while intoxicated - what more could you ask for?
ksc75smile.gif

Isn't another company making speakers out of whisky or wine barrels? Maybe the gin & tonic would assign some beneficial sonic qualities to the NE-7M...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back