REVIEW: Keces DA-151 DAC 800+ hours burn-in
Jul 27, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #198 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are several comparisons, some in this thread.

Really? I've read through this thread twice and did a search but couldn't find a comparison. I also searched this forum and found this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/bu...mments-339383/ but there are no comparisons between the two dacs. I also searched the dedicated source components forum and couldn't find any comparisons.

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #200 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My fault, I found only one (mine) and posted it here:
About to pull the trigger on a Beresford TC-7510 - Page 8 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I still own both the units but I am trying to sell the Keces which is very cheap used now apparently.

I think you're the only person who owns both :O. You state that they are of similar quality but could you elaborate a little. Do you hear a difference in sound quality?

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #203 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a slight correction, the discount was calculated from the Ebay price, since bypassing ebay would net me a saving of roughly about 10 USD, and that was passed on to whoever that purchase directly from me.
smily_headphones1.gif
Audiogon price is the discounted price because they do not charge me a per-unit charge that ebay was.
Thanks.

Hello Zycamaniac,
I'm from Hanoi, Vietnam and very glad to know about you and your Keces DA-151 Audiophile USB DAC (w/ the LME opamp upgrade). Pls let me know his shipping cost to Hanoi and the modalities of payment (Sorry, I have the Visa card but never buy the things on net. Electronic business is not yet popular in Vietnam
frown.gif
).
My email: thanhtungdang@gmail.com
Thank you in advance!
tongue.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #205 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The eBay site says that DA-151 is USB 1.1. Does this limit the unit in any way compared to USB 2.0?

I asked that a few pages ago, and Maniac told me that the only limitation is that if you're listening to 24-bit files, it will down them to 16-bit.
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #207 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone had a chance to compare the keces 151 to a keces 131, connected via a stock X-fi card?

It looks like some of the modifications discussed in the X-fi mod are aimed at the path leading up to the digital output. Does this mean that the 1's and 0's of a bit perfect ASIO output, flowing from the X-fi's digital flexijack are actually being lost/corrupted absent these mods?

I would love to be able to keep my X-fi in the system to reduce the load on my cpu (as compared to USB sound) but I'd hate to cash out for a 131 only to learn that the DAC is receiving a degraded digital signal from the X-fi. In that event, I would likely lean towards the 151, or maybe a Trends + 131 combo.

Thanks for any comments any of you are able to offer.

Could anyone comment on this post? I'm in the same boat as he. I've got an X-FI ExtremeMusic and like the EAX for games and the card's fast cpu. If I'd get the 151 these things will go to waste. If I'd get the 131 I could still use EAX etc, however I don't want the X-FI to be downgrading the Keces.

To make things a little harder my X-FI recently started to crackle/pop. I'm 90% sure it is the X-FI since more people have this problem. If I'd use the digital out of my X-FI would it still crackle?

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #208 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could anyone comment on this post? I'm in the same boat as he. I've got an X-FI ExtremeMusic and like the EAX for games and the card's fast cpu. If I'd get the 151 these things will go to waste. If I'd get the 131 I could still use EAX etc, however I don't want the X-FI to be downgrading the Keces.

To make things a little harder my X-FI recently started to crackle/pop. I'm 90% sure it is the X-FI since more people have this problem. If I'd use the digital out of my X-FI would it still crackle?

Hello, with DA-131 +LME49710 upgrade, it should be pretty easy for DA-131 to best DA-151's sound.

As for X-Fi, I think most of the crackling should originate from analog part, but I'm not sure since my X-Fi is not doing that.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #209 of 311
Anyone using the DA-131 with a Prelude (Coax out) for gaming?

I am thinking of going this route, but I will need to use very specific settings because I will be listening to music as well via Foobar+WASAPI plugin+ 16/44.1 wav files as the source.

Bit perfect will be achieved by setting Vista to 2 channel 16/44.1, setting the Prelude to 2 channel Audio Creation mode with bit perfect output and 16/44.1 spdif out.

This should net bit perfect for music, but not sure how games will sound. So...anyone using a similiar setup?

I am assuming this DAC will require an amp as well for best results right?

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #210 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, with DA-131 +LME49710 upgrade, it should be pretty easy for DA-131 to best DA-151's sound.

As for X-Fi, I think most of the crackling should originate from analog part, but I'm not sure since my X-Fi is not doing that.

Thanks. I'm also not sure about the X-FI. Something tells me it's in the analog line, but if it's not.. Meh.. The DA-131 with upgrade is 80$ more (compared to 151), right? Can you tell me what shipping would cost me to The Netherlands?

Zorlac, you need an amp. All a DAC does is making digital audio analogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back