REVIEW: Keces DA-151 DAC 800+ hours burn-in
Aug 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #211 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I'm also not sure about the X-FI. Something tells me it's in the analog line, but if it's not.. Meh.. The DA-131 with upgrade is 80$ more (compared to 151), right? Can you tell me what shipping would cost me to The Netherlands?

Zorlac, you need an amp. All a DAC does is making digital audio analogue.

Hello apatN,

Upgraded DA-131 is indeed $80 more than 151, the shipping to Netherlands is $45, and we will set your unit to 200~240V setting as well as including a proper power cable for your location.

We supply a cable similar to the following for most part of Europe, I believe it should work fine in Netherlands.
Image:CEE 7-7.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #212 of 311
That cable should work fine, yes. That's what we use here.

So total is 375$. That's a lot of money. Well, I'm broke atm anyway so I have plenty of time to think it over
wink.gif
Maybe if I get some money for my birthday
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks anyway, Maniac!

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #213 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That cable should work fine, yes. That's what we use here.

So total is 375$. That's a lot of money. Well, I'm broke atm anyway so I have plenty of time to think it over
wink.gif
Maybe if I get some money for my birthday
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks anyway, Maniac!

Actually, it is $310 ($10 off ebay discount deducted) + $10 upgrade + $45 shipping = $365
smily_headphones1.gif

Well my suggestion is always only spend what you have, don't overspend into your future... It makes life easier.
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #215 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, it is $310 ($10 off ebay discount deducted) + $10 upgrade + $45 shipping = $365
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice! I think I'll get one right now!
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #216 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, if you are interested in just playing music through DA-151 and use your computer's sound card for other jobs, you can keep 151 plugged in and powered at all times (so that computer won't change you setting because it couldn't detect 151). .

Will this significantly lower the lifespan of the DAC?

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #217 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazaam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will this significantly lower the lifespan of the DAC?

No, keeping it on constantly will not lower the lifespan of the unit, since the components on the DAC are not even close to being stressed. Thus it is not going to make much of a difference to lifespan.

Aug 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #219 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by carstenan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Maniac:

I heard there will be a DA152 released. Is that a DA151 with a headphone amp? And when will it be available?

Thanks

Well, it is, but other than that and the price will be adjusted accordingly, I can't say too much about it now, but I should have some photos and info when it is ready.

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #220 of 311
Hi Maniac,

If my sound card is NOT bit perfect, would the 151 be a better choice since it bypasses the card altogether?

How much better will the 131 sound (compared to the 151) if I were to buy a bit perfect sound card?

Thanks

Sep 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #221 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by xdanny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Maniac,

If my sound card is NOT bit perfect, would the 151 be a better choice since it bypasses the card altogether?

How much better will the 131 sound (compared to the 151) if I were to buy a bit perfect sound card?

Thanks

Hello,

The natural advantage of DA-151 is that it does not need any additional investment in a digital source. It is an excellent choice for those who just want to get a better sound without paying for additional hardware, and for those who don't see themselves upgrading to better digital source soon.

If you have a bit perfect source, or are planning to do so, then DA-131.1 is the clear winner, as it basically takes all the performance of DA-151 and improves in almost every respect. There are a few customers (some are on Head-Fi) who had experience with both, and they appear to be quite happy with the upgrade.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll dig some of the post up in a sec.

Thanks

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #223 of 311
You can do that. I do it all the time. It really brings out the best in your portables!

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #224 of 311
Hello,

Just a simple question here, what are the concretes downsides (if there is any) of the 16 bit "limitation" of the 151?
I'm indeed interested by this version for its USB port, but i wouldn't want to feel like i'm missing something with this 16/24 bit thingy (listening to Cds and Apple Lossless tracks exclusively).

Thanks!

Sep 5, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #225 of 311
If all you do is CD or files ripped from CD, then you will not need anything more than 16 @ 44.1KHz. Even tho DA-131/131.1 is inherently better sounding even at the same sampling rate, but it costs more and it does not have USB. IMHO, if you don't see that you'd be upgrading your computer to have a good bit perfect output, then 151 is the way to go. More cost effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back