Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #1,067 of 4,469
Return them? Is there a 30day MBG from Budgen? And going to the Atrios will give you bass, that's for sure, but they are not even close to the DBAs in terms of detail, highs/mids. Though it has been awhile since I have owned the Atrios. Again, try the EQ if you have a decent one, before you deem them not bassy enough. But to me, they are fine with the right tips/seal.

Quote:
I really hope Im going to like the dba's... Hope there fun and bassy enough to please me. I guess worst comes to worst I return them and pick up the new atrios

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #1,068 of 4,469
I had a pair of loaner DBA02 arrive Friday and I've only had 60-70 minutes to listen to them so far.  They are very similar in sound to the Westone 2, but the Westone 2 have a little more bass impact/presence, slightly more warmth and weight, and a little bigger soundstage. Otherwise timbre and tone (flavor) and detail seems similar.  Soundstage is not small at all, just not quite as big as the W2.  Bass is not light at all, just not quite as full and strong as the W2.  But this can change a lot depending on amp and source.

With just 10 minutes of listening I'd say the DBA-02 are a steal for $144 on sale. There are many similar priced IEM that are very good which I would not buy again, for various reasons - i.e. Phonak PFE (sibilant), q-JAYS (dark), Sleek SA-06 (bland), Klipsch X10 (bass bleeds into lower mids), SE530 (rolled-off treble), Denon C700 (recessed mids in relation to boomy bass).  But the DBA-02 would be something I'd look at buying if I didn't already have the W2 and was on a budget.

I'll devote more time listening and comparing over the next few days, and I'll post more if my impressions change.  They are definitely worth considering in this price range.

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #1,069 of 4,469
o ya I think im going to love them, they seem like a perfect balanced iem. I love bass but I know that if I gotten just a heavy low bassy iem than I would miss out on the other spectrum of sound. Idk really why am worried, I think just all this anticipation and waiting is driving me nuts
blink.gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #1,070 of 4,469
Glad to see you got a pair. I had already sold the W2s when the DBAs arrived (my preference was for the CK10s over the W2s), but as you have read, I am sold on the DBAs. I did however feel the W2s got a little choked up on certain complex music and passages, and that was one reason I let them go. But they also are $229 new. As for soundstage, I really don't remember the W2 soundstage, but to me, with the tips I am using, the DBAs are airy, wide and plenty of weight. As for warmth, that to me is the real strength of the DBAs. They are dynamic, musical and involving, but never come off as brittle or too dry. At the same time, I would not call them warm (that is something I would reserve for a phone like the Westone UM1 or something along those lines).

Anyway, if you have a spare Ety tri-flange sitting around, give them a try. Or bolt on your UM56 tips. For me, the OEM tips were a mistake. But others, not at all.

Quote:
I had a pair of loaner DBA02 arrive Friday and I've only had 60-70 minutes to listen to them so far.  They are very similar in sound to the Westone 2, but the Westone 2 have a little more bass impact/presence, slightly more warmth and weight, and a little bigger soundstage. Otherwise timbre and tone (flavor) and detail seems similar.  

With just 10 minutes of listening I'd say the DBA-02 are a steal for $144 on sake. There are many similar priced IEM that are very good which I would not buy again, for various reasons - i.e. Phonak PFE (sibilant), q-JAYS (dark), Sleek SA-06 (bland), Klipsch X10 (bass bleeds into lower mids), SE530 (rolled-off treble), Denon C700 (recessed mids in relation to boomy bass).  But the DBA-02 would be something I'd look at buying if I didn't already have the W2 and was on a budget.

I'll devote more time listening and comparing over the next few days, and I'll post more if my impressions change.  They are definitely worth considering in this price range.

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #1,071 of 4,469
     Quote:
I had a pair of loaner DBA02 arrive Friday and I've only had 60-70 minutes to listen to them so far.  They are very similar in sound to the Westone 2, but the Westone 2 have a little more bass impact/presence, slightly more warmth and weight, and a little bigger soundstage. Otherwise timbre and tone (flavor) and detail seems similar.  

That's more or less what I heard when I was comparing the two and deciding which one to keep.

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #1,072 of 4,469

Quote:
With just 10 minutes of listening I'd say the DBA-02 are a steal for $144 on sake.

Can someone post a web address where these are selling for $144?  Thanks.

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #1,073 of 4,469
Quote:
Can someone post a web address where these are selling for $144?  Thanks.

Here.

As a fellow CK10 fan these are something you've got to try 
devil_face.gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #1,075 of 4,469
I quite agree with joker. They are surprisingly good and making me selling my CK10 a bit easier although they still are my favorite and well their build quality is much better. The DBA02 is probably a bit easier to those who can't handle the peak the CK10 but these are definitely worth the price of admission for myself.

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #1,076 of 4,469
Jul 25, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #1,078 of 4,469
do you know august for a fact? I was hoping more like.... tomorrow
regular_smile .gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #1,080 of 4,469
Glad to see some DBA-02 love going around.

I guess it might be worth mentioning again....the DBA-02's are still my go-to IEM's.
biggrin.gif
Total awesomeness when it comes to musicality and accuracy all rolled into one.
beerchug.gif

I am now using them to monitor my on-location recordings (see my blog).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back