Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,021 of 4,469

Quote:
That is what the eBay seller says.

I can't promise anything myself at the moment as my rep is awaiting confirmation of their shipment to me. She was recently tasked with tracking down one of her other clients and gathering overdue payments, which has proven to be a chore, and hasn't been as available as before.

We must be talking about the same guy I pressume. I hope Fischer are not rushing these through which could lead to manufacturing defects. I doubt it but you never know.

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,023 of 4,469
Ah, that's too bad. It has to be that you just don't cotton to IEMs, because with the Ety tri-flanges, they are so very comfortable for me. I also use my custom UM56 sleeves sometimes, but my guess is you are right, no IEMs for your listening enjoyment.

Oh, you might want to somehow reduce the photos on your for sale post, since they are huge (but good photos).

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #1,025 of 4,469
That's a shame but chances are that they won't last too long in the FS section. I found them extremely comfortable with triple flanges as well but they don't agree with everyone. Some people just can't adjust to earphones and you may be one of those people.

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #1,026 of 4,469
I sold mine as well. I had issues with how the housing sat against my ear. The tips were comfortable but after a while, the housing would irritate my ears. It's a great iem, but I ended up keeping the W2 due to it's comfort. I enjoy the sound signature of the W2 and DBA-02 almost equally.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,029 of 4,469
They are but it doesn't mean it works for everyone. Our ears are all different. slaters70 sold his CK10 due to discomfort. I found the CK10 the most comfortable earphone I've ever tried by a long shot when it's the CK10 with sony hybrids.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #1,031 of 4,469

Quote:
I know... I must have tiny ears...?!

did u try removing the bottom of the ety tri-flange to bi-flange? i tot its very comfortable too.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #1,032 of 4,469

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #1,033 of 4,469
I was waiting until today or tomorrow to order these. It was a nice surprise when I ordered today to find that these are now on sale until August 5th for $145!

I hope that these are more comfortable than the Custom 3. I think that I'll like their sound signature better - the C3's treble I find to be slightly lacking...

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #1,034 of 4,469
Budgen is having a sale? Or ebay? Or both? Darn, I paid $155 for a used pair. But no problem, I am thrilled to have a backup, and I have never been more satisfied with an IEM than these. To me, it's a price to performance winner, sure. But even more so, if I had really had the same response to the UM3X, W3, IE8, W2, CK10, SM3 on all fronts (price, sound, comfort/fit), then I would still have one of those IEMs and would never have tried the DBAs.

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #1,035 of 4,469
Quote:
Budgen is having a sale? Or ebay? Or both? Darn, I paid $155 for a used pair. But no problem, I am thrilled to have a backup, and I have never been more satisfied with an IEM than these. To me, it's a price to performance winner, sure. But even more so, if I had really had the same response to the UM3X, W3, IE8, W2, CK10, SM3 on all fronts (price, sound, comfort/fit), then I would still have one of those IEMs and would never have tried the DBAs.

Bugden has the sale. It doesn't look like the ebay seller has them on sale.

I hope that the DBA-02 is the be-all-end-all of IEM's for me - at least until next year
blink.gif
I don't really want to go any higher than this right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back