Review: Denon D2000
Sep 26, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #196 of 232
Well, I might as well post here. I've had mine for a few weeks now:

Go go cheap banana stand! :p

Anyway, they were an upgrade from a pair of HD595's, and I listen to alot of breakcore/dubstep as well as metal. The much deeper and more present bass of the D2k's is an absolute joy to listen to with the electronic stuff, I really enjoy them. Also, with metal that is very bass guitar-ey (A Perfect Circle, Korn etc) I really love them.

I'm something of a basshead anyway, so I even prefer the D2k's over the much more natural sounding HD595's for classical and other "less bassey" genres. Nothing like a deep and thunderous sounding double bass and timpani.

All in all, definitely worth the upgrade over the 595's.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #197 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Denon D2000! I will soon join your club. My D200 are in the mail coming my way
smily_headphones1.gif
In the meanwhile, I am looking for a headphone amp. I am torn between my affection for heavy metal music (death, black, heavy, hard, thrash, etc.) and my desire to find out what's all this fuss about tube sound is about (I've never heard tubes). However, I heard that tube amps are, in general, contraindicated for such music. Is there any compromise? Should I buy a hybrid such as LD I+ ? Is there anybody who listens to heavy music with Denon D2000 and a tube/hybrid amp? I would like to hear impressions of these people... Thanks in advance!

FWIW I at one point owned some hybrid Tube amps for my car. A Phaze Audio Tube Driver TD475 and TD1500. I also listen to the same genre of music as you. I found that Tubes compliment metal, at least a hybrid (Tube Pre amp section + SS output) but I don't know about a pure tube design. The inherant high end roll off sometimes helped tame the harshness that's in some of the recordings. One of these days I'll pick up a home headphone tube amp after I get my portable rig down.

Ryan

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #198 of 232
Hi
I am thinking of getting a pair of d2000s. Being a bit paranoid, I am a bit uneasy about getting headphones that might be made in Japan, considering the nuclear catastrophe that happened there with the risk of possible radiation coming from various components. Are there really any reasons to avoid buying products made i Japan?

Another issue: Being in the UK, are there any cheaper places to get the D2000s than ebay US(approx. $300 including shipping)?

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #200 of 232

Quote:
Hi
I am thinking of getting a pair of d2000s. Being a bit paranoid, I am a bit uneasy about getting headphones that might be made in Japan, considering the nuclear catastrophe that happened there with the risk of possible radiation coming from various components. Are there really any reasons to avoid buying products made i Japan?

Another issue: Being in the UK, are there any cheaper places to get the D2000s than ebay US(approx. $300 including shipping)?

Thanks.

LOL that's awesome.

In answer to your question you could try play.com, they have good deals now and again.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #201 of 232

Quote:
Denons are made in china.

Regardless of where they are made, they sound phoney and artificial, like putting melted cheese on broccoli. Everything sounds "nice" through Denons, whether well or poorly recorded..

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #203 of 232
Quote:
Regardless of where they are made, they sound phoney and artificial, like putting melted cheese on broccoli. Everything sounds "nice" through Denons, whether well or poorly recorded..

I agree but head-fi isn't about sound quality, it's how cool you look while wearing your headphones... you should know that by now. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #210 of 232
OOh jeebus christ, I finally overcame my various anxiety disorders and ordered the fckn headphones!

Ok, still a bit worried if the headphones might have Japanese parts or not, but I really needed a new pair of headphones.

Ordered from Amazon UK  price:£192. Good price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back