Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning
Jun 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #230 of 312
However, if your head-fi user name is not Solude and aren’t inclined to use it as a percussion instrument, it likely won’t be an issue for you,

Oh god I laughed pretty hard.

Nice insofar. Looking forward to the 200 hour mark.

Quote:
OK, I've organized some thoughts on the LL into a more structured review, which has been posted on the product page:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cavalli-audio-liquid-lightning/reviews/

I will update the 200 hour segment once it gets there.

Bottom line, I love the amp.

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #231 of 312
Woot!  Immortalized :wink:  I wish I still had the recording I made playing paradiddles :p  If not $3200 I totally would have mounted it on my kit :D

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #234 of 312
The 200-hour notes are being worked on, as the audition has morphed into a full-blown mini meet in Boca Raton, where two other Head-Fi'ers and I ran the LL through its paces with some of the finest electrostats known to human ears, and against some other top-notch amps. Give us a few days please. The bottom line is that the LL is doing a mighty fine job and is sure to give the other two main contenders (WES and BHSE) a run for the money.

Stay tuned.

Quote:
Any new comments from the newly-crowned owners of the Liquid Lightning? Looking forward to impressions, either here or at the Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning thread, as well as a 200 hours update to the Cavalli Audio Liquid Lightning review...

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #235 of 312
Thank you for the update. Truly looking forward to the results of your (and the other head-fiers') expanded audition. I'll definitely stay tuned to this same Bat-Channel...

Quote:
The 200-hour notes are being worked on, as the audition has morphed into a full-blown mini meet in Boca Raton, where two other Head-Fi'ers and I ran the LL through its paces with some of the finest electrostats known to human ears, and against some other top-notch amps. Give us a few days please. The bottom line is that the LL is doing a mighty fine job and is sure to give the other two main contenders (WES and BHSE) a run for the money.

Stay tuned.

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #237 of 312
Quote:

Stay tuned.

Quote:
Thank you for the update. Truly looking forward to the results of your (and the other head-fiers') expanded audition. I'll definitely stay tuned to this same Bat-Channel...

Quote:
Thank you indeed.  Really interested in the result!

Pairing notes: Cavalli LL, Woo WA-5 w/ WEE, First Watt F1, HE6, Jade, Stax SR-007 mk I, SR-009, SR-507, Lambda Nova Sig.

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #238 of 312
I have a 007 mk I coming in for a 2-week loan from another head-fi'er. I'll give it a thorough listen with the LL and will report back. My initial reaction was that it was similar to the LF/LCD-3 in sound, but that was within the confines of a meet. Having it in-house for 2 weeks will allow me to get a better feel for it.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #239 of 312
Quote:
I have a 007 mk I coming in for a 2-week loan from another head-fi'er. I'll give it a thorough listen with the LL and will report back. My initial reaction was that it was similar to the LF/LCD-3 in sound, but that was within the confines of a meet. Having it in-house for 2 weeks will allow me to get a better feel for it.

had the LF+LCD3 for a couple of weeks and even with the SRM007T it wasn't even close for me. Just an FYI

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #240 of 312
Quote:

had the LF+LCD3 for a couple of weeks and even with the SRM007T it wasn't even close for me. Just an FYI

Was it one of the latter versions of the LCD-3s? Agreed the not even close comment but 180 degrees from what your experiences were for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back