[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Dec 16, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #46 of 1,750

Quote:
That chart sounds similar to what I hear from the Hm5, but this is not me claiming they are the same as the FA-003. I will never make that claim myself until there is concrete proof. What I will say is that the Hm5 are an incredible value.

Did the mids sound recessed when you listened to the HM5s? Cause I hate recessed mids. I prefer vocals to be crisp and clear both male and female. If they accomplished that they im happy. 

Also do you think i could use an equalizer app on my ipod to alter the sound of the HM5's without losing details or quality?

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #47 of 1,750
As long as the equalization is down downwards and the headphone is capable of making that tone, there should be no loss in detail. 

Quote:
Did the mids sound recessed when you listened to the HM5s? Cause I hate recessed mids. I prefer vocals to be crisp and clear both male and female. If they accomplished that they im happy. 

Also do you think i could use an equalizer app on my ipod to alter the sound of the HM5's without losing details or quality?

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #48 of 1,750

Quote:
To be blunt I could care less if they are a re-badge. I like MP4Nation stuff and so long as manufacturers allow their stuff to be sold under different brand names, if it gives a price break to the consumer or at least options then it's all good. It's much preffered to the counterfeit market.

I hope they are the same thing. I might buy these down the line eventually.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #50 of 1,750
I did but I also had 2 or 3 other headphones at that time with the same signature. However I can only see in the next few months since it's not like I'm lacking in quality headphones right now.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #51 of 1,750
Great review! I went ahead and put down for a pair of these as well after reading. Now I have a Fiio E10, Brainwavz HM3 and HM5 on the way. :D I can't wait!

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #52 of 1,750
I have the HM3 already and do like them. They are a "funner" V shaped signature headphone that is smaller potentially for portable use. I really like their positional sound stage. I think you will like them and they will offer a nice alternative to the HM5 in regards to signature and your amp should make both of them sound very nice.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #53 of 1,750

Quote:

The mids do not sound recessed at all. If the mids, or any frequency for that matter, sounds recessed/bloated through the HM5 then it's due to the mastering/mixing.

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #54 of 1,750
I guess nobody got it yet? In mp4nation's HM5 thread, somebody has already got his through Fedex. Here's some impressions from him.

Quote:
Mine arrived this morning..fedex shipping is amazing..left Thursday morning at 3am received Friday morning 10am.. only listened for a few minutes..sound signature and quality on par with my gr07..will listen more later..packaging and looks are both flawless..beautiful pair of headphones

Quote:
These headphones are simply amazing.. The low end rumbles and roars when its suppose to.. The mids are clean and clear and right where they are suppose to be.. The highs are crisp and non fatiguing.. Everything is exactly where it's suppose to be and at the level it's suppose to be at.. I can't find a single fault in the sound these produce and I've tried for almost 2 hours now.. Not to mention that I haven't felt them on my head since the moment I put them on.. Easily the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my head.. Using these as headphones for my 360 produce amazing sound as well.. Everything is where it's suppose to be and you get full immersion.. I got these on the cyber Monday deal but I would feel comfortable paying well over double what I paid.. These trounce all over every other earphone/headphone mp4nation has produced and I've owned them all.. Do not hesitate to purchase a pair for whatever need you have whether it be sound recording, sound reproducing, or just for an all rounder to use with music, movies and games.. I'm simply blown away and I had already hyped myself up well past what I should have just from reading D2Ks review.. Thank you for an amazing product

Something for us to read while waiting.

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #56 of 1,750
That sounds very good I just hope my expectation's don't get to high. I like that someone with a pair of GR07 likes them.

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #57 of 1,750
I was the one who received them yesterday.. After more listening and comparing them between the gr07 I can hear the differences.. The HM5 are slightly worse.. With the gr07 everything is clear with the HM5 the mids and highs are a little more.. muddy maybe? Just less clear overall.. But really it's like saying the gr07 are a 9 and the hm5 are an 8 sound wise.. Not a huge difference but it's noticable.. Both are being run through a E10 with bass off so they are both getting enough power.. I still love these headphones and will probably end up wearing them a lot more than I wear the gr07 simply because they are so ridiculously comfortable and you really don't feel like there's anything missing at all unless you directly compare them one after another.. Hopefully with a little more burn in they'll open up a bit more because if they do they will be extremely close to each other.. I was looking for a headphone version of the gr07 minus the sibilance that's still there after 100 hours of use and I'm assuming these are as close as I'll get for under 200

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #58 of 1,750
FA-003 was said to be similar to DBA-02; it's only fitting to compare HM5 with GR07. Do get back to us after more burn-in. HM5s shouldn't be as bright as your GR07, as they are supposed to have pretty neutral or rather smooth treble , no?

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #59 of 1,750
I'm ordered these after I saw the review and I am into rap music, but I'm not sure if I would consider myself a "bass head." However, these are gonna be my main set of headphones--well my only pair, so would you guys recommend I just use an equalizer for bass music until I buy an amp, which will be an FiiO E6?

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #60 of 1,750

Quote:
I'm ordered these after I saw the review and I am into rap music, but I'm not sure if I would consider myself a "bass head." However, these are gonna be my main set of headphones--well my only pair, so would you guys recommend I just use an equalizer for bass music until I buy an amp, which will be an FiiO E6?

I'll say I absolutely loved listening to Kanye through these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back