[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #901 of 7,021
Quote:
OK, how about Springsteen? lol
etysmile.gif

He's great, seen him half a dozen times, including during the Wild Innocent tour, before he was big.

Actually saw a ton of rock acts during my youth, but not Zeppelin.  Grew up in Western Massachusetts, so was constantly going off to the Springfield Civic Center to catch all the touring rock acts (1974-1977), then all the punk/alternative acts playing in college towns Amherst/Northampton (1976-1980). Became a club DJ at a new wave/alternative/punk club in New Jersey during the 80's so then saw all the emerging bands during that time.

Can't even say how many acts I've seen over time, but Bruce, to this day, always puts on a dynamite show.

Sorry for being off-topic guys...

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #902 of 7,021
While respecting others' take, I'll give my own. The 1plus2 is very nice and I enjoy it a lot. However, it's qualities in relation to competitors (a big caveat), seem sometimes overstated on hf. In particular, timbre-the realistic reproduction of subtle nuances of vocals and instruments- is only average for the price. The twfk of the 1plus2 doesn't compare to the very best, but it certainly is just as good as other top ciems/iems which use twfk-family armatures. The dynamic driver bass is good and has real bass energy which BA-only iem/ciems don't, but isn't as precise as it could be. The treble is fatiguing at moderate or higher volumes. The sound is clear but let's not go nuts about it and there's a dropout in the lower mids when the dynamic driver picks up.

Just to avoid fanboy wrath, I'll repeat that I enjoyed the 1plus2 a lot, I used a great amp (glacier), have a great fit, etc. For some it will be the very best choice, but not for everybody, like everything.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #903 of 7,021
Are you guys planning to test how the 1+2 cable impacts the sound of ASG-2?

I am really liking how ASG-2 sounds and fits in my ear, I have not used any other IEM ever since I got it. I had a brief comparison with few other IEM but after a long time I can listen for long session without getting any fatigue or bored of the sound.

What I like about ASG-2 is that it focus on the entire music not just what is happening in the background or whether the guitarist hand was hitting the guitar timber while he was playing the music. While those things at louder volume with good amp and source can be picked up on ASG-2 however using my ipod 5.5+arrow 4G I listen to best of blues playlist which contains 3 hours of music yesterday at once session. That is officially the longest I have ever used an IEM for that long. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #904 of 7,021
Quote:
Are you guys planning to test how the 1+2 cable impacts the sound of ASG-2?

I am really liking how ASG-2 sounds and fits in my ear, I have not used any other IEM ever since I got it. I had a brief comparison with few other IEM but after a long time I can listen for long session without getting any fatigue or bored of the sound.

What I like about ASG-2 is that it focus on the entire music not just what is happening in the background or whether the guitarist hand was hitting the guitar timber while he was playing the music. While those things at louder volume with good amp and source can be picked up on ASG-2 however using my ipod 5.5+arrow 4G I listen to best of blues playlist which contains 3 hours of music yesterday at once session. That is officially the longest I have ever used an IEM for that long. 

Yes I am! I'm actually pretty excited to see if it does anything to the sound. Then again, even if it does I'm not sure I'd fork over that much money for a cable.

I'm glad you're enjoying your pair.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #906 of 7,021
I just got a tracking number for the updated 1Plus2 with the upgrade silver&gold cable. It should arrive by the end of the week.

Is there anyone in the States who would be willing to loan me a higher quality source so I can make a more accurate comparison for Gintaras?

... Maybe give some examples of what you consider a higher quality source so that people who read that would find it directly applicable to their generosity?

Some people would find the D100 DAC section as a higher end source :D. Others would have to go with a Concero. Then you'll be hitting the Anedios or the Antelopes and/then Cavalli. Or are we talking about that summit stuff that breaks the 10k barrier?

Do you then need a summit-fi amp? It never ends. :frowning2:

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #908 of 7,021
Quote:
... Maybe give some examples of what you consider a higher quality source so that people who read that would find it directly applicable to their generosity?

Some people would find the D100 DAC section as a higher end source
biggrin.gif
. Others would have to go with a Concero. Then you'll be hitting the Anedios or the Antelopes and/then Cavalli. Or are we talking about that summit stuff that breaks the 10k barrier?

Do you then need a summit-fi amp? It never ends.
frown.gif

I was mostly kidding and feebly trying to pull Gintaras' leg. I'm pretty content with my sources, and they are more than adequate for my applications.

Can't Gintaras just loan Eke some of his equipment?

No, he's in Austria.

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #909 of 7,021
Quote:
I just got a tracking number for the updated 1Plus2 with the upgrade silver&gold cable. It should arrive by the end of the week.

Is there anyone in the States who would be willing to loan me a higher quality source so I can make a more accurate comparison for Gintaras?

Eke, funny, doing for me? i am flattened but i am not nice looking girl so your efforts will be wasted 
tongue.gif

seriously i would not mind loaning RWAK if not so far from your place. perhaps you can ask Vinnie from RWA if he can loan one moded AK? 
wink_face.gif

as for the rest, you see as many people so many opinions, one finds 1+2 too aggressive and detailed, the other one finds 1+2 not enough detailed .... 
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #910 of 7,021
Quote:

as for the rest, you see as many people so many opinions, one finds 1+2 too aggressive and detailed, the other one finds 1+2 not enough detailed .... 
wink.gif

Actually, quite a number of people find the 1plus2 to be fatiguing in the treble. Those that don't are usually low-volume listeners. I don't want to exaggerate that, though, as the 1plus2 is a very nice iem. I think you are being a bit misleading to say that people are hearing it completely differently rather than people are listening for different things when they listen to their iems.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #911 of 7,021
Quote:
No, he's in Austria.

Good to know that you'll accept this as an excuse. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Those that don't are usually low-volume listeners.

I can testify from first hand bleeding ears experience that Gintaras isn't one of them. 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
I think you are being a bit misleading to say that people are hearing it completely differently rather than people are listening for different things when they listen to their iems.

Care to explain the essential difference? 
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #913 of 7,021
Ditto, mine should be shipped by the end of the week.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #915 of 7,021
Andy just got back to me. Shipping today or tomorrow. Can't flippin wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back