[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #48 of 7,021
I haven't heard from Aurisonics (though maybe their email got buried while I was in Munich), and I do plan to return them for inspection etc.

May 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #49 of 7,021
Quote:
Ok, enough about IF and Tyll for now.

IE800 comparisons will be up tonight, with Flat-4 to follow tomorrow. The TG334 will be in my possession later in the week.

Just so you know, reading this review makes me want the upgrade program to come faster and do my upgrade sooner than later. And if I can add stealth finish I might even do that. I'll see how it goes though. It sounds as though it fixes all the highs  of the ASG-1. Which aren't bad, but not forward enough for all music. 

Edit: Great to hear Tyll! 

May 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #51 of 7,021
May 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #53 of 7,021
Is it odd that based on your comparison I feel like I wouldn't like the IE800s?

I'd still love to try them but I feel like the asg-2, even with its faults is closer to my ideal.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find my perfect iem. At the very least the asg-2 will come darn close without me going over or even near the $1k mark.

May 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #54 of 7,021
Comparison one did not disappoint. Half of my excitement was to see what music you chose to showcase lol.

How do they compare imaging wise?

May 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #56 of 7,021
Quote:
Comparison one did not disappoint. Half of my excitement was to see what music you chose to showcase lol.

How do they compare imaging wise?

It's mostly a wash, though I slightly prefer the ASG-2's taller soundstage. Cues can be placed above and below me, as well as all the other directions.

Quote:
Is it odd that based on your comparison I feel like I wouldn't like the IE800s?

I'd still love to try them but I feel like the asg-2, even with its faults is closer to my ideal.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find my perfect iem. At the very least the asg-2 will come darn close without me going over or even near the $1k mark.

No, I think you would 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #57 of 7,021
AS-2 in the house!  My Galaxy S3 inexplicably bit the dust a couple of days ago (waiting for my replacement).. so you'll have to 'settle' for pics with my lowly iPhone 4's camera (/first world problems).

Dynamic driver pr0n:

Sneak a a peek at the BAs in the following photo..

The look and build quality is terrific.  Dale absolutely nailed the fit.. maybe the most comfortable, best fitting custom IEM I've ever owned (even better than the 4.A).  The photos don't do the chrome plates justice (will snap better pics with the S3 camera).  The AS-2 is lighter and smaller than i expected (which is a good thing).

I've had them for all of 30 minutes.. so I'll hold off on the sonic impressions for the time being.. though I've done a little listening with my desktop rig (Violectric V800/V200), using a pure silver IEM cable from PlusSound on the AS-2... and I'm very very satisfied with the sound.  Clean, balanced, and slightly warm is what comes to mind first.  Bass sounds tight & well extended.  Midrange is impressively transparent, musical, and rich with detail.  Treble presence feels just right.. enough presence to get a nice sense of sparkle, detail, and air.. but not exaggerated or artificially boosted in the slightest.  It's smooth, but not dull, recessed, or behind the midrange and bass.  More thoughts coming later.. but so far, I'm very pleased with what I'm hearing.

May 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #60 of 7,021
I'm jumping in on this thread, even without having heard them... as I will own the ASG-2 at some point soon I know....

Sub'd.

Great impressions everyone....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back