[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #31 of 7,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not too surprising. Did they get them back from him yet?
Sauce?

I'm unsure if they got back to him yet, or if he contacted yet even :p  IDK how much I'm allowed to say about it.

Sauce?  I think you meant source.  For the statement that he was going to contact Aurisonics, it was in his multi-CIEM post on innerfidelity.  For the statement that the tweeters drop, it was made in the Aurisonics thread (statement made thought Aurisonics' account on Head-Fi). 

So unless Aurisonics' account got hacked, it should be official.  It'd also be some major hacking too cause Dale said the same thing about the tweeters when I talked to him (in person); so Aurisonics' account would have to be hacked and I'd have to be talking to a Dale imposter...  Not likely :p

May 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #32 of 7,021
Quote:

I'm unsure if they got back to him yet, or if he contacted yet even :p  IDK how much I'm allowed to say about it.

Sauce?  I think you meant source.  For the statement that he was going to contact Aurisonics, it was in his multi-CIEM post on innerfidelity.  For the statement that the tweeters drop, it was made in the Aurisonics thread (statement made thought Aurisonics' account on Head-Fi). 

So unless Aurisonics' account got hacked, it should be official.  It'd also be some major hacking too cause Dale said the same thing about the tweeters when I talked to him (in person); so Aurisonics' account would have to be hacked and I'd have to be talking to a Dale imposter...  Not likely :p

You must think I'm toooo cynical lol.

Thanks for the info. I must have missed it in the Aurisonics post. I only saw the one that was their assumption of what happened a while back, not an official update after inspecting his unit.

About the sauce, I've been on the internet for too long =/

May 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #33 of 7,021
Quote:

You must think I'm toooo cynical lol.

Thanks for the info. I must have missed it in the Aurisonics post. I only saw the one that was their assumption of what happened a while back, not an official update after inspecting his unit.

About the sauce, I've been on the internet for too long =/

They haven't, to my knowledge, inspected it.  That's just what they think happened :p 

May 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 7,021
Damn. Seems like this will be the thread to watch. Awesome assortment of phones Eke. Lookin forward to more

May 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #36 of 7,021
Fantastic news!

I'll be getting a FitEar TG334 loaner again, along with a couple of aftermarket cables to put on the ASG-2 to see what they do to the sound.

I'll include that comparison along with the IE800 and Flat-4 ones.

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to flat-4 and tg334. The latter really impressed me when I demoed them. And I've been interested in the flat-4 for a while now.

May 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #37 of 7,021
Subscribed and looking forward to the comparisons. Thanks eke!

May 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #38 of 7,021
Quote:
Soundbear mentioned earlier that Tyll doesn't plan on returning them.
That's basically my concern, really. I think a number of people developed a distaste for Aurisonics due to a bad experience with the ASG-1. The 2 being the different beast that it is, definitely seems like it would be more geared towards those wanting a more Hi-fi oriented sig. The fact that the phones were summarily panned on such a high traffic site such as IF does mean that a number of people will have basically felt like their suspicions towards the company were affirmed while those who aren't familiar with the company will be put off by the strong wording.

I don't think a high number of people were put off by that one bad review at all. By the number of people I saw listening to the Aurisonics products for themselves in Chicago, and their facial expressions and comments, I think Dale and company are doing quite well business-wise. As a matter of fact, I know they are (I've been doing a little research on them). Head-fi has some influence and some impact, but not as much as we seem to think. Plus, there have been enough counter reviews to speak of the uniqueness and great sound quality of the products. Aurisonics will do just fine, now and in the future. 

May 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #40 of 7,021
Originally Posted by Gilly87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eke, how are the ASG-2s in terms of speed and precision? Do they have that nice "sharp" feeling that faster BAs get? My UM3X misses the mark on two points, bass depth and overall speed, and if the ASG-2 can improve on them in both those areas. it's probably my next IEM.

how'd you find the driver speed?

Surprisingly good. It doesn't really sound like it would would be terribly fast, but it didn't skip a beat on my speed test tracks.

May 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #41 of 7,021
I've got both the um3x and the asg-2. You won't be disappointed. The um3x is great for certain genres. The asg-2 does everything better. Bigger soundstage is obviously known. But the bass is engulfing and involving. It has the option to possess less or more quantity via the bass port adjuster. The quality is always there.

May 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #43 of 7,021
I get that he's busy with future review etc, but not planning to have them looked at is kind of ridiculous odd.

eke, how are the ASG-2s in terms of speed and precision? Do they have that nice "sharp" feeling that faster BAs get? My UM3X misses the mark on two points, bass depth and overall speed, and if the ASG-2 can improve on them in both those areas. it's probably my next IEM.

You know what dynamic oddly has that "sharp" feeling, the FX700. You wouldn't expect it.

May 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #44 of 7,021
Quote:

Adding to Flysweep's post,

The mids and highs are very transparent, without having that exaggerated sharpness that some signatures can have. A lot of phones artificially "increase" detail by the use of grating, etched treble. This is not the case here. 

The bass, with port closed, is sharp, punchy, and very impactful. There is little bloom to it. That changes the more you open the ports, adding impact and warmth throughout the range.

Another advantage the ASG-2 will have over most iems comes in the  form of its sheer soundstage height. It's a tall presentation that tends envelope the head, and dwarf lesser iems. It's really something worth hearing.

May 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #45 of 7,021
I get that he's busy with future review etc, but not planning to have them looked at is kind of ridiculous odd.
You know what dynamic oddly has that "sharp" feeling, the FX700. You wouldn't expect it.

Tyll made statements that he would contact Aurisonics. So he is planning on having them looked at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back