[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #3,901 of 7,021
mate, you funny... i took these out of my poor head, why would i have to copy books??? :eek:

i did not suggest anything bad, neither relax recommendation meant to be seen in a medical context, not sure if you know the difference :p

seriously, no comment :D
Then maybe you should write a book :)

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3,902 of 7,021
OK here is a legit offer to anyone here who is interested.
Im willing to trade my ASG-2 "in mint condition" And my Shure SRH-1840 "also in the best condition" 
for a TG334 or a Fitear parterre, or a  maybe the 
Tralucent 1Plus2 ?
seems that kkcc puts them on a higher pedestal then the tg 334 ? hmmm

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #3,903 of 7,021
I have had the ASG2 for a few days now.  I really like the old monster pro tips.  They fit good (with a little stretching)  and provide a little more secure fit.  I am wondering do all of the ASG2's have the hyper coating?  I just have the frost ASG2s.

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,905 of 7,021
It's only on the custom AS-2s. I think it facilitates ease of insertion and removal but I could be wrong

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,906 of 7,021
That makes sense. I'm not having any trouble with getting a seal or the bass response. It's odd that weak bass response is usually indicative of a poor seal. I have not had any issues with the bass response. I think that these are more forgiving with the seal.

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #3,907 of 7,021
I think AX60 is going to give ASG-2 a hard time, I am really impressed on how it is tuned. I hope you get a review pair soon.

While I will not be buying the AX60 due to promising myself not to spend carelessly one thing is for sure my craving to purchase the k3003 has increased by a factor of 3.003

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #3,909 of 7,021
Does anyone ever wonder despite most of us purchasing some very high priced gears we still buy other gears? I think it is matter of wanting different SQ at our finger tip than matter of having an objectively built gear or something that has cable that cost more than our average card.

Honestly these days I do not allow myself to be fooled by price tag or brand name, it is amazing how from time to time cheaper colored gears can make me enjoy sound so much. It is matter of different sound and that is why we keep on buying gears of different nature . I find all this high end gear war quiet silly. If it was up to me not universal gear should cost more than $500 but than again it is not.

Enjoy your gears and don't not be offended if someone else disagrees with your ears preference. 

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #3,910 of 7,021

Is there any problem if we prefer the 1plus2 to 334? I am on the same page with him :)

from what i understood 1p2 and TG334 are different sound signature, with TG334 going more in the direction of ASG2 while 1p2 going in the direction of k3003.

so i would not be able to tell which one is better or worse. even between k3003 or 1p2 it will be all about your personal preferences. all of IEMs are so good that i could be happy with any of them.

for the record, i listened to k3003, auditioned at length ASG2, own 1p2 but sadly had no chance with TG334.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #3,912 of 7,021
From my perspective, I hold both the TG334 and 1+2 in very high regard.  I owned them both at the same time for many months and would rank them evenly.

The TG334 has the superior midrange, awesome transparency and some of the best vocals I've heard; it's bass has a lot of reverb and decay, and I can see that being a love or hate thing- I loved it, but it's treble timbre is a bit steely and I would have preferred a little more upper mid presence.

The 1+2 has the superior imaging and placement, and of course has one of the grandest soundstages in an iem I've heard; however it's treble boost, around 8.5k, is a little over the top and becomes fatiguing for me over time; vocals are not as intimate and emotional songs can lack engagement.  So there are trade offs to both but I enjoyed both equally.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,914 of 7,021

Is there any problem if we prefer the 1plus2 to 334? I am on the same page with him :)

Oh no im just wondering what aspects he prefers of the 1plus2 to make him put it higher than the TG334. For all we know we may share the same sentiments.

For me i am a guy who loves his mids and vocal. I prefer treble to bass . But I need Bass to be there a support for the whole melody the body of the whole melody.
I need the Mids to add life and emotion to the music which is what the ASG-2 has done considerable well for me if I do say so myself. 
I need treble to add detail and subtle nuance to the orchestra of frequencies that are being Flushed into my ear. 

And from what i can see the 1plus2 fulfils the treble part and bass being like a there but never overstepping its boundaries, the 1Plus2 is capable of painting a huge picture of the music like a wide panorama but in this picture it sorely lacks in presenting the emotion and live of the music, as if the color got washed out. 
Where as the TG334 although not as "detailed" as some might say add life and emotion to the song but its bass the body of it may be overbearingly slow and insistent on being known or acknowledge but at times knowing its place but overstepping its boundaries a wee bit to prove itself. its like a very high resolution picture with great color tonality but then the picture is small in comparison.

This would be how i feel about both and my prefrence lie with the TG334. or if god can allow us a way to combie the TG334 and the 1plus2 with great soundstage and transparency with the best vocals and bass that never oversteps its boundaries.
We will have a prize winning IEM right there.The saint who could come up with something like this should be given the noble peace prize and then made into a knight of the queen of Britain. 

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3,915 of 7,021
 And from what i can see the 1plus2 fulfils the treble part and bass being like a there but never overstepping its boundaries, the 1Plus2 is capable of painting a huge picture of the music like a wide panorama but in this picture it sorely lacks in presenting the emotion and live of the music, as if the color got washed out. 

I am argee with your view above except the one in bold. The 1p2 brings me emotion enough for both vocal and classic rock. Regarding the 334, the reason i do not like it enough is that the mid bass is too punchy which makes me feel tired after several songs. I have the JH16 which knows as so much bass but obviously it not punchy as much as the 334. While the bass of 1p2 is more focus and very deep. On the sound stage, the 334 is no way near the 1p2. I even do not need my TH900 anymore as I have the 1p2 for home listening. 

By the way, in the end of the day, everything will depends on personal taste so I am respect your view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back