[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #3,871 of 7,021
I know how you feel. It's just the never ending consumption circle though. 

Depending on how my ER4S audition goes, I might just get one of that, plus my G2 and call it a day.
It's not even that I am unsatisfied sonically. My Se5 and 1plus2 are all I need really...but some of these new products are just soooo sexy. It's better to give in to temptation with iems than with women...if you are married like I am :)

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #3,872 of 7,021
It's not even that I am unsatisfied sonically. My Se5 and 1plus2 are all I need really...but some of these new products are just soooo sexy. It's better to give in to temptation with iems than with women...if you are married like I am
smily_headphones1.gif

Pick up another hobby. I'm finding that photography is giving me as much satisfaction as this hobby did when I first started.

Your wife will love being your own personal underwear model 
wink_face.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #3,873 of 7,021

Just get new music. I realized that one reason we change phones so much is that we get tired of hearing our music with the same sound sig, so we have multiple "flavors". 

I think you like Mumford and Sons, so check out The Lumineers and Ben Howard. Ben Howard's album is orgasmic on the G2.

Btw, I'm not really a believer in "amps." They either drive the phones well, or they don't. IDK, it's just that every single amp I've tried has sounded within 3-5% of each other. Things like power output are overstated, IMO.

HAhaha yeah i got the lumineers album not long ago ! they are my morning driver now !
Going to check out ben howard. Do you have the album name ? 
Yeah i feel the same about amps but they do effect the sound of the iems like the xo2 was way to bassy for the g-2s etc i just need a better boost for the ak100 LOL. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #3,874 of 7,021
DAMNIT EKE ! 
you keep recomending me all these awesome music !@!!@!@!@! 
Now i just ordered another 32gb SD card for my ak100 just to accommodate the extra albums !
Since im getting more space...mind recommending me more ? HAHAHA

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,877 of 7,021
Pick up another hobby. I'm finding that photography is giving me as much satisfaction as this hobby did when I first started.

Your wife will love being your own personal underwear model :wink_face:  

Eke, you are the enemy of our wallets, do i have to tell how much good photo gear costs? I am into photo hobby and can assure anyone, if you choose between portable music player or good photo gear you better stick to music :)

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3,878 of 7,021

Your wife will love being your own personal underwear model :wink_face:  

Winning!

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #3,879 of 7,021
Eke, you are the enemy of our wallets, do i have to tell how much good photo gear costs? I am into photo hobby and can assure anyone, if you choose between portable music player or good photo gear you better stick to music
smily_headphones1.gif

You're not kidding. Audio-gear addiction is way less traumatizing on the wallet than photo-great addiction.

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3,880 of 7,021
Eke, you are the enemy of our wallets, do i have to tell how much good photo gear costs? I am into photo hobby and can assure anyone, if you choose between portable music player or good photo gear you better stick to music
smily_headphones1.gif

The difference is that no matter what level you are on, if you can't take a good picture, no lens in the world can save you. It's more creating art than enjoying and describing. If you compare with music it's like: "If you can't play the violin, no Stradivarius in the world can make you a good player." And yes, there are automatic modes on cameras but who use them anyway? It's like heavy auto tune or heating pre cooked food. You know it's cheating so you just don't.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,881 of 7,021
You can do a whole lot with very little in photography. Some of my favorite shots were on a 60 year old camera with $50 manual lens.

And besides it's not like there are tons of lens companies and they keep upstaging each other on the 50mm prime.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #3,882 of 7,021
smily_headphones1.gif

Psshhhh. If I sell my ASG-2 and add on a bit more money, I can get a great frickin camera and accessorize it for peanuts. Below is the Sigma DP1s, my precious. In the picture are the hood and filter attachments ($10 from amazon), macro filter lenses ($10), Agfa UV filter ($7), a $3 tripod, and not pictured is the case I got for $1 that hold everything. 

Sample shots:

It's an amazing thing to try and digitally capture the things you see with your eyes. It's even more amazing when you succeed and have the opportunity to look at them in the future.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #3,883 of 7,021
Wow, nice. Thanks for sharing. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,885 of 7,021
You can do a whole lot with very little in photography. Some of my favorite shots were on a 60 year old camera with $50 manual lens.

And besides it's not like there are tons of lens companies and they keep upstaging each other on the 50mm prime.

Vwinter, fully agree and since we talk photos let me turn a bit self indulging and share my small gallery images with you which you can look up here:

http://garfieldfreek.deviantart.com/gallery/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back