[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3,857 of 7,021
  oh boy......... did I just find out that there is re-tuning service right after I sold my pair? LoL

Well, it's not really a re-tuning service per se, but since mine has defects on the plating I paid several hundreds extra to get done and need to wait for another 7+ weeks to get it back, I got to tune it to my liking for the trouble I went through.  I believe if anyone want to pay the extra faceplate options to reshell they might also entertain your "re-tuning" request.  

I probably should try to get a stock frosted or stealth sometime to compare the sound and see how alike or how different is mine compared to stock.

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,858 of 7,021
  kkcc, what IEMs are these?

Lol I'm sure you know.  
ksc75smile.gif

Btw, that was originally posted in another thread, and the scribbling added when responding to how I'd rank them accordingly to my preference.  For those who aren't into IEMs, from left: JH13 FP, 1plus2, ASG-2 brushed nickel, TG334, 

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,859 of 7,021

Well, it's not really a re-tuning service per se, but since mine has defects on the plating I paid several hundreds extra to get done and need to wait for another 7+ weeks to get it back, I got to tune it to my liking for the trouble I went through.  I believe if anyone want to pay the extra faceplate options to reshell they might also entertain your "re-tuning" request.  

wow... the extra wait...... as long as the SS is unique to your taste, it is better than custom... good to hear...

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,860 of 7,021
Dale will entertain any re-tuning requests for a fee. Whether or not it is worth it for the individual is up for debate though. 

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #3,861 of 7,021
Lol I'm sure you know.  :ksc75smile:

Btw, that was originally posted in another thread, and the scribbling added when responding to how I'd rank them accordingly to my preference.  For those who aren't into IEMs, from left: JH13 FP, 1plus2, ASG-2 brushed nickel, TG334, 

no, i just wanted to make sure you know them too :p

Oct 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3,863 of 7,021
Some thoughts on the FA-4. I'll post them in the Fischer Amps thread too:

I received the loaner FA-4 over the weekend. I really like the design of these to sit flush in the ear and while they are comfortable, the raised area that goes into the concha never lets me forget it is there. It kind of reminds me how the original ASG-1 was formed but to a lesser extent. Other than smoothing that raised area down a bit for greater comfort and forget-ability, I think the shell design is a great idea and would love to see it become more popular with multi-armature designs.

Sound wise, the first description that popped into my head was- crisp, clear and clean, like a cool drink of water. The frequency response is kind of a large shallow U for me. Perhaps a baby 1+2 if you will but the 1+2 has a much bigger bass and treble emphasis in comparison. The FA-4 has a 6db bass boost around 100hz and below. It’s very tastefully done and since it is so low, there is no coloration on the midrange and no enhanced warmth like a Westone or Earsonics universals. Then there is a modest treble boost up top, around 6k, that gives it that sense of crispness and clarity. It also has very nice treble extension beyond 10k. Due to the treble articulation and clarity, I find detail retrieval to be very good.

Soundstage wise, I find them to have adequate or average width for a multi-armature; wider than many dynamic drivers too but not as wide as the multi-armature W4 and TF10. Height is well proportioned to width and depth is adequate as well; nothing lacking and nothing overly grand to my ears. Perhaps my only real criticism is in the treble timbre- while having great clarity and articulation, its timbre can seem a typical of many armature designs. It’s certainly not a deal killer but worth noting.

I could easily recommend the FA-4 over universals like the W4, SM64, SM3 and other similar offerings, especially if someone is looking for something that’s not as warmed up as those mentioned, with large midbass and/or scooped upper mids. That being said, those do have their fans due to the lush and euphonic vocals they can offer and the FA-4 can certainly seem somewhat cool in temperature next to them but the balanced and open sound of the FA-4 is more accurate and revealing over the broader spectrum.

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #3,864 of 7,021

Sound wise, the first description that popped into my head was- crisp, clear and clean, like a cool drink of water ....

... but the balanced and open sound of the FA-4 is more accurate and revealing over the broader spectrum.

Thanks for your thoughts, pretty much how I hear them as well. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3,865 of 7,021
Im getting the upgrade flu....
now its a matter of switching out the ASG-2 , or getting an Amp...
tralucent t1 seems like a good amp , transparent etc.
or changing to a ak120 from my ak100...hmmm 
anyone wanna trade a ASG-2 for a IE800 ? hahahaha
My mind is all over the place now.
Low on funds now since i had to get a new Carbon fibre pedal for my kayak. i could get another ASG-2 with that cash...grrrr. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3,866 of 7,021
anyone wanna trade a ASG-2 for a IE800 ? hahahaha
My mind is all over the place now.
Low on funds now since i had to get a new Carbon fibre pedal for my kayak. i could get another ASG-2 with that cash...grrrr. 

Just get new music. I realized that one reason we change phones so much is that we get tired of hearing our music with the same sound sig, so we have multiple "flavors". 

I think you like Mumford and Sons, so check out The Lumineers and Ben Howard. Ben Howard's album is orgasmic on the G2.

Btw, I'm not really a believer in "amps." They either drive the phones well, or they don't. IDK, it's just that every single amp I've tried has sounded within 3-5% of each other. Things like power output are overstated, IMO.

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #3,867 of 7,021

or may be better just take anti-flu medication???
tongue.gif

T1 is very nice and relatively cheap
evil_smiley.gif

ASG2 is very nice but not cheap
evil_smiley.gif

AK120??? better stick to anti-flu medication!
beyersmile.png

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #3,868 of 7,021

Just get new music. I realized that one reason we change phones so much is that we get tired of hearing our music with the same sound sig, so we have multiple "flavors".

I think you like Mumford and Sons, so check out The Lumineers and Ben Howard. Ben Howard's album is orgasmic on the G2.

no Eke, we need new gear for every damn new song we collect, piling up gear is excellent hobby and when you get married your wife will not worry about you leaving house suddenly, so gear is wife positive 
darthsmile.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #3,869 of 7,021

I wish...I have approximately 100 new albums to listen to that I bought recently and listen to one for 2 or 3 days and move on...but still want to get TONS or new ciems :frowning2:

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #3,870 of 7,021
I wish...I have approximately 100 new albums to listen to that I bought recently and listen to one for 2 or 3 days and move on...but still want to get TONS or new ciems
frown.gif

I know how you feel. It's just the never ending consumption circle though. 

Depending on how my ER4S audition goes, I might just get one of that, plus my G2 and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back