[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #3,916 of 7,021
Oh no im just wondering what aspects he prefers of the 1plus2 to make him put it higher than the TG334. For all we know we may share the same sentiments.

For me i am a guy who loves his mids and vocal. I prefer treble to bass . But I need Bass to be there a support for the whole melody the body of the whole melody.
I need the Mids to add life and emotion to the music which is what the ASG-2 has done considerable well for me if I do say so myself. 
I need treble to add detail and subtle nuance to the orchestra of frequencies that are being Flushed into my ear. 

And from what i can see the 1plus2 fulfils the treble part and bass being like a there but never overstepping its boundaries, the 1Plus2 is capable of painting a huge picture of the music like a wide panorama but in this picture it sorely lacks in presenting the emotion and live of the music, as if the color got washed out. 
Where as the TG334 although not as "detailed" as some might say add life and emotion to the song but its bass the body of it may be overbearingly slow and insistent on being known or acknowledge but at times knowing its place but overstepping its boundaries a wee bit to prove itself. its like a very high resolution picture with great color tonality but then the picture is small in comparison.

This would be how i feel about both and my prefrence lie with the TG334. or if god can allow us a way to combie the TG334 and the 1plus2 with great soundstage and transparency with the best vocals and bass that never oversteps its boundaries.
We will have a prize winning IEM right there.The saint who could come up with something like this should be given the noble peace prize and then made into a knight of the queen of Britain. 

ER4S. All frequencies are represented more evenly than any other iem I've heard.

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #3,917 of 7,021
Boundaries are personal anyway. I think control is more important than relative levels in regard to bass as a separate entity.

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #3,918 of 7,021
ER4S. All frequencies are represented more evenly than any other iem I've heard.

Honestly never heard the ER4's.  Is soundstage the primary weakness of the ETY's?

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #3,919 of 7,021
IMO, the Ety perceived weaknesses are its strengths and trade mark sound when compared to most other iems' that falls under musical and colored sound presentations. The ER4 portrays sound that I personally find remarkable for tracks with lots of layers and details, but I would never classify it as a long-term, fun sounding iem as it's not designed to be. The main weakness I find with the ER4S is the lack of long term comfort (3+ hrs).

Oct 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #3,920 of 7,021
Honestly never heard the ER4's.  Is soundstage the primary weakness of the ETY's?

Soundstage is average, depending largely on the recording. The benefit of having all frequencies represented as evenly as possible is that all details are also represented as evenly as possible. The ER4S's biggest weakness is sub-bass presence below 50Hz. A small eq bump corrects this. Fit can also be difficult for some, but the isolation is unequaled, which allows for some glorious hi-fi at the gym. :)

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3,921 of 7,021
, but the isolation is unequaled, which allows for some glorious hi-fi at the gym.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not so sure about that? So you feel the isolation is better than CIEMs? I have my doubts about that.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,922 of 7,021
The ER4S is something I have wanted to try but at this point I don't want to pay for it.

As far as isolation if it's anything like the ER6i isolation should be around the same. Etymotic is well known for isolation however. I do wish they would come out with a product that surpasses the ER4 but it seems like they are happy with it on top.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #3,923 of 7,021
I'm not so sure about that? So you feel the isolation is better than CIEMs? I have my doubts about that.

With fresh foam tips inserted deeply and correctly ER4S offer almost black space like isolation. They're worn very differently to your normal universal IEM, I wouldnt be surprised if they can compete with customs. You need to think outside the square, as they're worn much deeper and differently to your everyday universal IEM.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #3,924 of 7,021
  The ER4S is something I have wanted to try but at this point I don't want to pay for it.

As far as isolation if it's anything like the ER6i isolation should be around the same. Etymotic is well known for isolation however. I do wish they would come out with a product that surpasses the ER4 but it seems like they are happy with it on top.

Well if the isolation is indeed as good as CIEMs that is very impressive? I am also curious about them but am in the same boat as you and don't want to end up wasting money on them. There is no triple flange tips available that is big enough to give me any sort of seal. I've used the biggest ones available and that just sat in my ear canal with not even close to a seal....

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #3,925 of 7,021
With fresh foam tips inserted deeply and correctly ER4S offer almost black space like isolation. They're worn very differently to your normal universal IEM, I wouldnt be surprised if the can compete with customs. You need to think outside the square, as they're worn much deeper and differently to your everyday universal IEM.

You see though the deeper I go the more problems I'll run into with getting a seal. It's like my ear canals get bigger the deeper I go lol. If I was to push the large comply tips too deep it breaks the seal.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #3,926 of 7,021
You see though the deeper I go the more problems I'll run into wit getting a seal. It's like my ear canals get bigger the deeper I go lol. If I was to push the large comply tips too deep it breaks the seal.

Not with ety foam tips you wouldn't, not unless your ear canals are about 14mm wide!

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #3,928 of 7,021
  Maybe....
regular_smile .gif

Fair amount of thick foam you're putting in there Lee, it goes in deep, deep, deep. I've not experienced isolation anything like ER4S before.

People try to have a conversation with me, I just laugh turning the volume up, because it's absolutely pointless unless I take them out.

Here's an example next to your Vmoda tips.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #3,929 of 7,021
Etys have insane isolation. Better than my custom ES5 by far. I think it's 35+ db of isolation to the ES5s 25 db or so. I can't hear a damned thing from the outside world with the foam tips in

And the ER4 still easily holds its own against some of the best stuff available today if some of my sources are to be trusted

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3,930 of 7,021

Fair amount of thick foam you're putting in there Lee, it goes in deep, deep, deep. I've not experienced isolation anything like ER4S before.

People try to have a conversation with me, I just laugh turning the volume up, because it's absolutely pointless unless I take them out.

Here's an example next to your Vmoda tips.

Ah that does look like it would offer a seal then. I may have to give them a go at some point. Do they sell easily on headfi? I'd be worried about getting stuck with them if they aren't in demand (just in case).....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back