[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #3,691 of 7,021

Ok, so seeing as being a musician doesn't seem to be enough for you I'll give you a little more of my background in audio. I've been involved in high-end audio for almost 30 years, I've worked at a few high-end audio shops and I worked for a high-end speaker manufacturer as well. I also went to college for audio engineering so I think I've got a bit of experience in audio reproduction as well. That said, I still maintain that my personal baseline is real life, after all that's the objective with high-end audio, to recreate the real world experience.

mate, no disagreement LoL.... i just meant that we all have different perceptions and tastes and there are no golden ears except for our own ears to tell us what is good 
biggrin.gif

i do not doubt your background or your knowledge or hearing, mate, that would be too sick

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #3,692 of 7,021
Quote:
  And I've been playing instruments since I was 6.

I've already said that the 1p2 is world class, it's just not for me.

Eke Mozart??? 
tongue.gif

i confirm, Eke honestly told 1p2 was not for him. 
L3000.gif

seriously, my own music and listen preferences much depend on my mood 
redface.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #3,693 of 7,021
mate, no disagreement LoL.... i just meant that we all have different perceptions and tastes and there are no golden ears except for our own ears to tell us what is good 
:D

i do not doubt your background or your knowledge or hearing, mate, that would be too sick

I doubt EVERYTHING. I doubt his amazingly musical background and knowledge. Your crazy phantom church organ and the word analogue. The existence of this spoon and the air I am breathing. That everything is better than anything. The efficiency of a Cylon toaster. And most of all, I doubt your doubt or lack thereof. I demand satisfaction and I am taking it. That is ill.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #3,694 of 7,021
I doubt EVERYTHING. I doubt his amazingly musical background and knowledge. Your crazy phantom church organ and the word analogue. The existence of this spoon and the air I am breathing. That everything is better than anything. The efficiency of a Cylon toaster. And most of all, I doubt your doubt or lack thereof. I demand satisfaction and I am taking it. That is ill.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #3,695 of 7,021

LOL 
darthsmile.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #3,696 of 7,021
Elnero, let me draw one quick example. i have a friend who is professor of music and conductor who had concerts in Vienna Opera and elsewhere. we sometimes have casual conversation about music because as i you can imagine my knowledge is very limited compared to his. we are tolerant persons and he never bashes me... all i can tell you is HOW differently we hear music, i thought i knew a lot about music but talking with him i feel like a first grade student after my summer vacation. he places emphasis where i would not, he would pick a singer i would not, he sees far beyond pleasure notes ,.... why all that? as i said before there is no golden rule and no golden ears... so instead of concentrating on how important and professional we are i would say we better concentrate on music and convey our own perception and emotions to which others are free to agree or disagree. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #3,697 of 7,021
Elnero, let me draw one quick example. i have a friend who is professor of music and conductor who had concerts in Vienna Opera and elsewhere. we sometimes have casual conversation about music because as i you can imagine my knowledge is very limited compared to his. we are tolerant persons and he never bashes me... all i can tell you is HOW differently we hear music, i thought i knew a lot about music but talking with him i feel like a first grade student after my summer vacation. he places emphasis where i would not, he would pick a singer i would not, he sees far beyond pleasure notes ,.... why all that? as i said before there is no golden rule and no golden ears... so instead of concentrating on how important and professional we are i would say we better concentrate on music and convey our own perception and emotions to which others are free to agree or disagree. :wink_face:  

This is interesting. I'd like to think we all have the ability to learn to listen like your friend. Does he use iems? Lol

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #3,698 of 7,021
This is interesting. I'd like to think we all have the ability to learn to listen like your friend. Does he use iems? Lol

you must be kidding....
beyersmile.png

once i asked him what music he would listen to after performing a concert, his reply was "are you crazy or do you think i am mad?"........
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #3,699 of 7,021
Well.. I guess listening to music is like eating/tasting. Most people know what tastes good. Some can tell you exactly which the herbs used for seasoning were. In the end it's not about knowing that there is celery in the bolognese. It's about enjoying your meal. Whatever works for you is fine. EQing the ASG-2 almost gives me a hallelujah moment every time. The line "a diamond in the rough" really comes to my mind every time I hear it. Now I understand how people can sell all of their gear and just keep that one special thing. Makes me want to try the 1p2...

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,700 of 7,021
Well.. I guess listening to music is like eating/tasting. Most people know what tastes good. Some can tell you exactly which the herbs used for seasoning were. In the end it's not about knowing that there is celery in the bolognese. It's about enjoying your meal. Whatever works for you is fine. EQing the ASG-2 almost gives me a hallelujah moment every time. The line "a diamond in the rough" really comes to my mind every time I hear it. Now I understand how people can sell all of their gear and just keep that one special thing. Makes me want to try the 1p2...

BINGO
L3000.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,703 of 7,021
hah... they look sooo sexy :wink:

Eke, have luck with your exam, we all need that so you are in mood for a good review :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back