[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3,541 of 7,021

keikakuthumb.jpg

How splendid of you to notice, for that was my plan all along: to infiltrate the sparrow's stronghold under the guise of a friend, only to strike at the heart of what he cares for most. I'll never forget your scathing impressions of my erstwhile fave, the SM3, and how you campaigned day and night to oust the former king of IEMs. I was done Muzak, I was happy, but you lead me to believe that there was something more. So I plotted. So you may ask, Et tu Id? Most def

Would you change your mind about doing the mini-tour if I told you that we will soon have a review of the new Earsonics universal by Mr average_joe (and possibly also by his good friend Mr Joker), who will declare the S-EM6 the new king of universal IEMs?

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #3,542 of 7,021
Would you change your mind about doing the mini-tour if I told you that we will soon have a review of the new Earsonics universal by Mr average_joe (and possibly also by his good friend Mr Joker), who will declare the S-EM6 the new king of universal IEMs?

Lol sparrow is also a psychic.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #3,543 of 7,021

Only if the S-EM6 is similarly textureless, like the top of Michael Stipes' head, with highs that are filling in for Waldo of the eponymous, Where's Waldo, and images like a pair of speakers set inside a fishbowl. Only then!

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #3,545 of 7,021

Only if the S-EM6 is similarly textureless, like the top of Michael Stipes' head, with highs that are filling in for Waldo of the eponymous, Where's Waldo, and images like a pair of speakers set inside a fishbowl. Only then!

:)

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #3,546 of 7,021

Hum...tasteless attacks of these reviewers as are they are not often the starting point of an (unjustified) hype train.

It could also be Mr Sparrow who would love the S-EM6, declare them musical marvels that less educated ears can only deem as being musical turds and put the Parterre, Kaede, FA4 an even K3003 on the FS thread and the whole Greek tragedy could begin again with a new protagonist. That would be a much more entertaining turn of events, as the best humour lies in repetition. And a victory of France over Germany which is always nice.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #3,547 of 7,021
Hum...tasteless attacks of these reviewers as are they are not often the starting point of an (unjustified) hype train.

It could also be Mr Sparrow who would love the S-EM6, declare them musical marvels that less educated ears can only deem as being musical turds and put the Parterre, Kaede, FA4 an even K3003 on the FS thread and the whole Greek tragedy could begin again with a new protagonist. That would be a much more entertaining turn of events, as the best humour lies in repetition. And a victory of France over Germany which is always nice.

As long as he keeps that boring lifeless ER4S around, which probably wouldn't even be worth the time to put on the fs forums. :p

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3,548 of 7,021

Mr Sparrow would have no problem whatsoever declaring the S-EM6 a great IEM if he heard it and genuinely thought it was that good — much like the recent big surprise our grumpy friend got when he heard the ER4S thinking it would not impress him that much (since the ~$600 FitEar F111, which he once owned, was supposed to be an ER4S clone and it ultimately wasn't for him). In fact, Mr Sparrow puts the $250-$300 ER4S up there with the likes of the K3003, Parterre and likes it more than the KAEDE, TG334, IE800 & FA-4.

The French beating the Germans? The English beating the French and/or the Germans? Such things, fortunately, matter very little to sparrows. But sparrows love music and care more about the effects of music on living organisms… and now and again they also appreciate good sound.

Sep 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #3,549 of 7,021

Fear not, for I have added your ER-4 comrade-ski GnarlSagan to the mix. I humbly request that Gnarl not rely upon frequency and decibel talk, make references to Oliver-Twist curves, and not refer to Diffuse Mrs.Field's Cookies in his write-up. Instead, l'd like him to describe, in as flowery language as he can muster, how pretty the G-2 makes him feel inside and what brand name labels he is wearing while taking in the K3K. Bonus points to be awarded if he's willing to describe in detail, the beautiful women who will suddenly flock to him

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3,550 of 7,021
Fear not, for I have added your ER-4 comrade-ski GnarlSagan to the mix.

Excellent news.

I humbly request that Gnarl not rely upon frequency and decibel talk, make references to Oliver-Twist curves, and not refer to Diffuse Mrs.Field's Cookies in his write-up. Instead, l'd like him to describe, in as flowery language as he can muster, how pretty the G-2 makes him feel inside and what brand name labels he is wearing while taking in the K3K. Bonus points to be awarded if he's willing to describe in detail, the beautiful women who will suddenly flock to him

That, unfortunately, is going to prove an extraordinarily difficult task for Mr gnarlsagan, but luckily for our ageing crippling sparrow friend, Mr gnarlsagan and music_4321 have agreed that if the latter hypes the ER4S' sonics, the former will hype the K3003's packaging and hand-made leather case.

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3,551 of 7,021
Fear not, for I have added your ER-4 comrade-ski GnarlSagan to the mix. I humbly request that Gnarl not rely upon frequency and decibel talk, make references to Oliver-Twist curves, and not refer to Diffuse Mrs.Field's Cookies in his write-up. Instead, l'd like him to describe, in as flowery language as he can muster, how pretty the G-2 makes him feel inside and what brand name labels he is wearing while taking in the K3K. Bonus points to be awarded if he's willing to describe in detail, the beautiful women who will suddenly flock to him

This is hilarious. Thanks for adding me! I'll be sure to use only the most esoteric and nebulous of descriptions. :p

Excellent news.

That, unfortunately, is going to prove an extraordinarily difficult task for Mr gnarlsagan, but luckily for our ageing crippling sparrow friend, Mr gnarlsagan and music_4321 have agreed that if the latter hypes the ER4S' sonics, the former will hype the K3003's packaging and hand-made leather case.

*shakes hand/wing*

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #3,552 of 7,021
Don't step on my heart, cool down cool down .....
wink.gif

PS: you welcome google for that music having this words
smily_headphones1.gif

what's your kind of music? I listen pretty much to everything if talent is there.

Sorry, Ginny. I was in a rush out of the house to head to the library. I have a big exam tomorrow (biopharmaceuticals and kinetics).

What I meant was that I'm becoming increasingly selective about the music I listen to. I don't mean that I'm limiting myself genre-wise, but I don't listen to/keep songs that I don't have a connection to. That's why my music library has never grown past 2,000 songs. For instance, I love John Mayer's music. Continuum, for me, is a timeless classic that has a song suited for every emotion. His last two albums, however, are disappointments for me, since they don't fit the type of depth I came to expect from him. Thus, I deleted them from my library. 

The songs you posted sound more like technical exhibitions more than lyrics from the heart. I love artists like The Lumineers because they make music that transports you into their environment and background. For instance their song, Dead Sea, has a line that goes..."I headed West, I was a man on the move. New York it lied to me, I needed the truth" and "You told me I was like the Dead Sea, kindest words you ever said to me; you'll never sink when you are with me, oh Lord, I'm your Dead Sea."

One of my other favorite bands, City and Colour, has two albums (Bring Me Your Love, and Little Hell) that put hopelessly depressing lyrics against a musical backdrop that is almost out of place with how upbeat and melodic it is.

Mumford and Sons' Sigh No More album is another masterpiece for me, with lyrics like "Tell me now where was my fault, in loving you with my whole heart...a white blank page, and a swelling raaage." All this with haunting melodies that stick with you for hours after hearing them.

Eke, now you're being almost as tactful as that lovely dude, HF's most popular HF'er, music_4321.

hF0D0441A

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,553 of 7,021
  luckily for our ageing crippling sparrow friend, Mr gnarlsagan and music_4321 have agreed that if the latter hypes the ER4S' sonics, the former will hype the K3003's packaging and hand-made leather case.

*shakes hand/wing*

How very unfortunate. It seems that two of HF's seemingly credible individuals have thus been exposed in one fell swoop. Two... uh... one bird and one astrosoulshysicist with one stone. It was only a matter of time until the deception was unraveled. We're truly through the looking glass here people, where the K3K is a piece of ****, and the ER-4 also, happens to be a piece of ****. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3,554 of 7,021
Mr Sparrow would have no problem whatsoever declaring the S-EM6 a great IEM if he heard it and genuinely thought it was that good — much like the recent big surprise our grumpy friend got when he heard the ER4S thinking it would not impress him that much (since the ~$600 FitEar F111, which he once owned, was supposed to be an ER4S clone and it ultimately wasn't for him). In fact, Mr Sparrow puts the $250-$300 ER4S up there with the likes of the K3003, Parterre and likes it more than the KAEDE, TG334, IE800 & FA-4.

The French beating the Germans? The English beating the French and/or the Germans? Such things, fortunately, matter very little to sparrows. But sparrows love music and care more about the effects of music on living organisms… and now and again they also appreciate good sound.
The ER4S are better than the Kaede to your ears....damn it's a shame I will never buy them out of sheer principle of contradicting the flatliners :frowning2:

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #3,555 of 7,021
The ER4S are better than the Kaede to your ears....damn it's a shame I will never buy them out of sheer principle of contradicting the flatliners :frowning2:

But we've become such a placid and accommodating crew of flatliners (largely due to our new PR campaign to charm the entirety of head-fidom). But honestly all this tact kills us inside, as everyone knows we enjoy nothing more than to fill delicious punch bowls with the largest of turds. Our hearts have and always will belong to that ghetto in the lowliest and darkest corner of head-fi, the ss forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back