[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,701 of 7,021
The wearing was the result of a specific incident (or series of incidents). Not due to regular wear and tear.

We all know that black don't crack.

What, you been rubbing them like Alladin lamp? :p

Ok, got it, thanks, still i am curious how sexy Frosty version might be, i like blondes :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,702 of 7,021
Aug 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #2,704 of 7,021
Let's just say I really loved on my ASG-2 before sending them off. 

You and James should go get tested.

LMAO, ... hopefully without deep insertion :)

Ok, i promise to be gentle on them :-D

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,705 of 7,021
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Slam enough Four Lokos and you can probably get the stock iBuds soundin like the 009 lol

Indeed.. the 4L+iBuds experience is no joke: detail retrieval is so extreme and the timbre so pure, you'll likely puke on yourself & experience headaches from the 'euphoria' the following day.. or something like that.

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,706 of 7,021
Intresting development about the ASG-2 after hearing a particular song...alot of people say that the treble is hiding...well in this track i listened to the pluck of the higher freq strings on the guitar just attacked me with incredible detail...wow

Aug 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2,707 of 7,021
Here is Picture of my ASG-2 , when i was about to send it for repair Dale told me that i could have the extra Set he brought for his hong kong show that didnt get used yet. Got it yesterday have been burning it in with my AK100 since...  i know that a few hours burn in not enough for some but it is for me...
Anyway this Pair is the still the frosted version but one thing stands out in particular the AG logo on the front has a red coloring in it ! Looks much Nicer like this too !
Got it with a black cable too ! Black is better color choice my Silver cable was already greening " though i personally like the greening of the cable like how when zippo lighters get it scuffs it add to the character of the item making more "yours" 

Here enjoy a Pic of my Current Portable Setup 
DIY RWAK100 -> ASG-2 

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,708 of 7,021
Just got mine today. First impressions are largely positive. Need to wait for the sound to settle before further impressions. Also the Ortofon tips really open the sounds up, not a big suprise.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #2,709 of 7,021
^ That new epoxy stealth finish is quite sexy. It looks way more "Stealth" than the original glossier finish.

It reminds me of these:

attachment.php

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #2,710 of 7,021
Only if they had tardis blue...
Oh oh oh!! Or if it said
Police public call box on the faceplate!!!!

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #2,711 of 7,021
Quote:
I noticed the difference when I compared the two cables using Mars Volta, cause Omar likes to layer like 15 guitars on top of one another or some ****. With the stock cable, the G-2 makes a valiant effort in separating and lending some semblance of intelligibility to these overlapping channels, but with the S/G, the sense of space and articulation audibly improves. I suppose my only nitpick is that midbass impact and quantity is attenuated a bit too much for my tastes, so drums and bass don't sound as meaty as the stock, but eh, what can ya do? Wait for Dale's mods I guess

Awesome to see another ORL fan out there... The very first time I ever got to listen to the ASG-2, at the Canlanta meet, I listened to more Mars Volta than anything to test 'em out. Day of the Baphomets may have been the song that sold me on 'em :wink:

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,712 of 7,021
Quote:
^ That new epoxy stealth finish is quite sexy. It looks way more "Stealth" than the original glossier finish.

It reminds me of these:

attachment.php

ACHTUNG ACHTUNG.... :-D

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #2,713 of 7,021
ASG2 loves Dick Tracy movie and Madonna :-D

actually the entire soundtrack is excellent, love Madonna for it. also very good for testing gear with pop music.

Aug 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2,715 of 7,021
Quote:

I must get a pair of ASG-2s, then!

ah.... there is no recommendation or hype.
you better see what type of sound you want. also Dick Tracy OST is NOT traditional Madonna, listen to the entire album first.

on a side note perhaps i publish points i wrote to friend headfier who prepares to test ASG2:

be prepared for the following:

1 much narrower stage, almost like small hall or middle stage, no spacious hall hu-ha effect
2 mid bass pronounced more, low bass good but takes back seat and is slightly rolled off
3 very tamed but well controlled highs, upper mid range freq drop halting sparkle extension and air
4 rather taught and aggressive signature
5 amazingly clear and intimate voices, something rare i heard from IEM
6 when you will adapt to this you will learn to appreciate what ASG 2 can

what ASG 2 can?

1 best part is voices, you literally hear singers manipulating voices, almost like singer being in your head
2 mid bass and mid tones coherency will bring many recordings to life
3 very well controlled treble and no fatigue whatsoever
4 full bass extension due to stark mid bass as there is no compromise in passing crossover from mid to low bass, low bass takes some beating but for a good reason (remember these are no loudspeakers)
5 very black background, notes full sounding, i find black space on some recordings amazing with ASG2
6 despite small stage and narrow space stereo imaging and instrument separation is just superb, unbelievable for such a small stage but this is what i hear
7 and see if you can like ASG2 then after listen critically for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back