[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #2,671 of 7,021
Quote:
Still don't quite get why a lot (a lot!) of full size headphone users will argue to no end their belief that cable makes absolutely no difference in sound quality, but iem users seem to assume that they do with no argument..

you know everyone wants to believe in what he wants to believe, for me i believe in my ears irrespective of my bias and gear ownership. if ASG2 is better than v1 or H200 i just say this.
for cables i had long story coming from high end and then same happen with portable audio, many cables will make perhaps more subtle differences but there are some products which make huge difference and Tralucent cables are simply vodoo.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2,672 of 7,021
Quote:
Agree on all fronts! Can copy and paste these to respond to pm and emails about my comparison of the asg2 and 1plus2....

+1, and this comes to my own surprise
blink.gif

edit:

now i switch to ASG2 via Tralucent T1 amp + RWAK and vola here we go... listening to The Guess Who's American Woman (know this? :-D), godly sound, ASG2 is pretty capable with old timer rock and sounds gorgeous, guitar riffs and instrumental ramblings are top notch.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2,673 of 7,021
the copy i received from Idsynchrono

Ahem. I'm not denying myself the pleasure of listening to my ASG-2 so you can credit idsync for it. He's blissfully listening to his own pair right now.

As for the cables, the silver gold Tralucent cable is pretty expensive. Not only is the stock cable more flexible and usable, it's also about twenty times cheaper than the Tralucent cable. Just a thought.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2,674 of 7,021
Quote:
Ahem. I'm not denying myself the pleasure of listening to my ASG-2 so you can credit idsync for it. He's blissfully listening to his own pair right now.

As for the cables, the silver gold Tralucent cable is pretty expensive. Not only is the stock cable more flexible and usable, it's also about twenty times cheaper than the Tralucent cable. Just a thought.

ah.... mate, the gold silver cable makes ASG2 sing so well and improvements are not so small, it boosts air and clarity, and bass punch jumps up, stage blackens further and deepens a bit. i tried both cables and after several attempts i went back to gold silver ... stock cable stays in the box until the end of audition. you right, some people will be happy with ASG stock cable but... only until they hear Tralucent gold silver or.... worse, Uber cable (i did not hear it still but there are many believers in Uber :-D

on its behalf ASG delivers goodies and sounds gorgeous, i am spinning now the third CD from my oldies compilation set and ASG never disappoints.

the only soft spot i found was symphonies classics and similar complex orechestral works, here ASG is struggling to pull music in a conherent way and recessed upper midrange can clearly be felt on violins and similar strings adding some hint of metallic tint. i already posted this observation. i think someone mentioned this also before me.

otherwise ASG2 is really lovely IEM which commands respect.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,675 of 7,021
Quote:

ah.... mate, the gold silver cable makes ASG2 sing so well and improvements are not so small, it boosts air and clarity, and bass punch jumps up, stage blackens further and deepens a bit. i tried both cables and after several attempts i went back to gold silver ... stock cable stays in the box until the end of audition. you right, some people will be happy with ASG stock cable but... only until they hear Tralucent gold silver or.... worse, Uber cable (i did not hear it still but there are many believers in Uber :-D

The $29 new silver-plated Fiio cable also makes a (better) difference to my ears, and love my AS-2 with the stock cable. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2,676 of 7,021
Where do I find information on the Gavin Cable?

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2,677 of 7,021
Quote:

the only soft spot i found was symphonies classics and similar complex orechestral works, here ASG is struggling to pull music in a conherent way and recessed upper midrange can clearly be felt on violins and similar strings adding some hint of metallic tint. i already posted this observation. i think someone mentioned this also before me.

otherwise ASG2 is really lovely IEM which commands respect.

Hm, I actually really like the ASG-2 with classical. The way the sound envelops you is purely awesome, and I don't have timbre issues. I actually think the timbre is great. Though, I don't listen to very large works. I stick to concertos, operas, chamber music, etc. Larger orchestral pieces kinda bore me. With those sub-genres, I prefer the ASG-2 from my iphone over the HD600&Asgard

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #2,679 of 7,021
Quote:

Hm, I actually really like the ASG-2 with classical. The way the sound envelops you is purely awesome, and I don't have timbre issues. I actually think the timbre is great. Though, I don't listen to very large works. I stick to concertos, operas, chamber music, etc. Larger orchestral pieces kinda bore me. With those sub-genres, I prefer the ASG-2 from my iphone over the HD600&Asgard

Eke, try this one:

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #2,681 of 7,021
I can't. You have my ASG-2...

LOL

Where do I find information on the Gavin Cable?

Although I do agree with Gintaras that the S/G cable makes an immediately noticeable difference in cleaning up the sig, and expanding the stage, it's a hilariously expensive. It's like $700 or $800 from Tralucent I believe. I'm personally hoping that the mods that Dale's working on will achieve similar results for a lot less. I will also agree with Gintaras in sayin that the Tralucent cable has got some funky mojo going on. I actually bought another hybrid silver/OCC copper that did not make a difference to my ears, not sure what Gavin does to his cables but that knowledge is likely proprietary.

I noticed the difference when I compared the two cables using Mars Volta, cause Omar likes to layer like 15 guitars on top of one another or some ****. With the stock cable, the G-2 makes a valiant effort in separating and lending some semblance of intelligibility to these overlapping channels, but with the S/G, the sense of space and articulation audibly improves. I suppose my only nitpick is that midbass impact and quantity is attenuated a bit too much for my tastes, so drums and bass don't sound as meaty as the stock, but eh, what can ya do? Wait for Dale's mods I guess

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #2,682 of 7,021
Aug 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2,683 of 7,021
Quote:

I can't. You have my ASG-2...

ROFL ........ mate, is this yours? i thought this is from Idsynchrono
beyersmile.png

sorry for keep you waiting, ouch... poor you, must be pain waiting for them to return.

thanks anyway for giving this opportunity, really enjoying this.
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #2,685 of 7,021
Quote:

ROFL ........ mate, is this yours? i thought this is from Idsynchrono
beyersmile.png

sorry for keep you waiting, ouch... poor you, must be pain waiting for them to return.

thanks anyway for giving this opportunity, really enjoying this.
wink.gif

Ha, no worries. I'm waiting patiently for it to return. 

I'm actually enjoying the Etymotic HF5 right now. I finally found the magical deep insertion the Ety lovers keep parroting about. I have to lube the tips to get them deep enough to gently touch my eardrum, but it's worth the sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back