[Review] Audio Technica Ckr-9: Experiencing Sound Reality
Oct 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #61 of 163
Damn, so tempted.......

gogogogogogo 
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #62 of 163
Im glad I bought CKR9 as I was torn between these and FAD heaven V.
After some tests I found CKR9 more natural sounding with better separation and sense of space. 
FAD is very specific iem, almost euphonic for me  - big sound with very intimate vocals, like someone singing to your ear. I found it rather too disturbing and unnatural for long listening. Also clarity is better in CKR9. 

Still listening from LG G2 with Cayin C5 but Im tempted to listen to Fiio X1 orhigher models.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #63 of 163
Im glad I boug[COLOR=282828]ht CKR9 as I was torn between these and FAD heaven V.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]After some tests I found CKR9 more natural sounding wit[/COLOR][COLOR=282828]h better separation and sense of space. 

FAD is very specific iem, almost euphonic for me  - big sound with very intimate vocals, like someone singing to your ear. I found it rather too disturbing and unnatural for long listening. Also clarity is better in CKR9. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=282828]Still listening from LG G2 with Cayin C5 but Im tempted to listen to Fiio X1 orhigher models.[/COLOR]

How do the mids compare between the fad and ckr9?

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #64 of 163
I dont understand? You meant mids?
I wasnt listening FAD very long but mids are indeed quite special. Vocals are more intimate, sound "closer" and with more body. On the other hand I found it softer and with less texture overall. CKR9 sound more natural to my ears and more proper in long time listening. Also instruments sound strange with FAD - no matter what its always at first plane, playing  in front of your nose - engaging and impressive at first sight but lacks such positioning and realistic imaging from CKR9. 
Need to try better source but dopnt know if I get FAD to listen to again.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #66 of 163
Oct 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #67 of 163
I must skip FiiO X1 for this IEM 
biggrin.gif

I will ask my friend to bring me this IEM from Japan, not forget to bring JVC spiral dot tips too

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #71 of 163
  I dont understand? You meant mids?
I wasnt listening FAD very long but mids are indeed quite special. Vocals are more intimate, sound "closer" and with more body. On the other hand I found it softer and with less texture overall. CKR9 sound more natural to my ears and more proper in long time listening. Also instruments sound strange with FAD - no matter what its always at first plane, playing  in front of your nose - engaging and impressive at first sight but lacks such positioning and realistic imaging from CKR9. 
Need to try better source but dopnt know if I get FAD to listen to again.

You tried heaven v, i tried heaven vi, I don't know how they differ but they were almost similar to me comparing vi to ckr9s but on general terms. Like you said they had very initimate vocals and midrange is soo euphoric but so are ckr9s. I didnt a/b them for the purpose of writing a review or anything I was just seeing how ckr9s compared to heaven vi which costs alot more ($500-$650) in my country thats more than twice the price of ckrs. Out of all the fad i tried I loved heaven vi the most but I haven't tried higher end than vi. I felt the bass has more realism to its attack and decay on the ckrs the heaven vi has tad more bass quantity. So i felt details were slightly better on ckrs but by a very slight margin, you wouldn't notice if you don't a/b them. The treble I cant remember how they compare haha because I was focused on the mids and particularly the bass. But at that price if I wanted something with a lil more bass quantity, more intimate vocals I'd look at ckrs10 or fx850 is a cheaper and the naturalest of timbrest of fx850 is something I look to add to my inventory hahaha I hope

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #72 of 163
  Im glad I bought CKR9 as I was torn between these and FAD heaven V.
After some tests I found CKR9 more natural sounding with better separation and sense of space. 
FAD is very specific iem, almost euphonic for me  - big sound with very intimate vocals, like someone singing to your ear. I found it rather too disturbing and unnatural for long listening. Also clarity is better in CKR9. 

Still listening from LG G2 with Cayin C5 but Im tempted to listen to Fiio X1 orhigher models.

I have always wondered how the c5+dx90 would synergise with my ckr9s. C5 should add some width to the soundstage I hope.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #74 of 163
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000050223/ct1835/page1/order/

So sexy... But I don't have 32000 yen 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back