[Review] Audio Technica Ckr-9: Experiencing Sound Reality
Oct 18, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #82 of 163
  Can anyone do a comparison between the ath-ckr9 and the dunu dn1000 including comfort and sound with soundstage. Thank you in advanced for the help.

Not too sure about the DN 1000...but I recently reviewed the DN2000 and the soundstage is very impressive.  Macrodynamics on a grand scale.  If all indications are true, then the DN 1000 shouldn't be that far off either.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #83 of 163
I listen mostly to Jazz and to a lot of Sufi  music which is all about vocals, so which is better for these genre, CKR9 or CKR10? I was all set to get the JVC FX850 but have a concern for the fit as I have small ear canals.

I can get the CKR9 for $175 and CKR10 for $235 so price point is not a big issue.

Maybe Desikameena and others will chime in and give an opinion.

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #84 of 163
not sure if i can be of much help since i don't have the FX850 anymore and I also haven't tried the CKR10.

But if you can PM me some of your favorite Jazz and Sufi tracks, I'll let you know how they sound on the CKR9.

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #86 of 163
  Is the lower end considered flat

It's somewhat above flat bass, as well as the mids being above flat.

The bass is slightly boosted, and the upper mids are definitely boosted by 4 db. The treble is a mystery, to some it lacks sparkle, and to others it contains sibilance.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #89 of 163
Also I know you had a leakage testing section but I was wondering how bad these would leak if they were played in a relatively quiet room at 40% and how would you describe the sound signature, balanced flat etc and thanks

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #90 of 163
  Also I know you had a leakage testing section but I was wondering how bad these would leak if they were played in a relatively quiet room at 40% and how would you describe the sound signature, balanced flat etc and thanks

leakage is average if at 40 percent. I can hear it well from 2 feet away, double that and I barely hear it.

The signature as I stated was warm and dry. 

The mids are foward, the bass is somewhat even with the mids, and the highs are in line with the rest of the frequency. It does lack a bit of sparkle for my ears, especially at the 10khz region. The vocals and instruments are rendered well in the ckr9s, but the bass is amazing in the in-ear. The tightest, fastest, and plentiful bass that can make a basshead smile, but not enough for some bassheads.

The balance is just mid fowarded sound with the treble and bass behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back