Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,891 of 2,480
No, when you first connect to a computer and install drivers (or not, if you have a Mac) the volume defaults to full scale. From there you can turn it down and next time you use it, the levels should remain wherever you last set them. But if you don't want to have volume adjusted, just leave it alone or turn it all the way up and you're good to go. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #1,892 of 2,480
I'm thinking about buying an Optical Cable for the Concero.
Does this optical cable have a special name like coaxial or something?

And then i wanted to ask if an optical Cable has any benefits in this case.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,894 of 2,480
  why?

No to your second question, wait a minute, Concero does not have an optical input!

If it's not having an Optical Input whats the input marked "Digital"? Now I'm a little confused..

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,896 of 2,480
I just bought a Concero HP and was just wondering if its normal for the volume knob to be quite stiff when turned into a certain position? Also when I press it when the volume knob is at this position the volume knob does not always click back out.

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,898 of 2,480
  I just bought a Concero HP and was just wondering if its normal for the volume knob to be quite stiff when turned into a certain position? Also when I press it when the volume knob is at this position the volume knob does not always click back out.

indeed, not normal.

while my HP knob is fairly stiff, I don't use it physically much at all.  prefer that Audirvana+ adjust the volume.
pressing in to activate filters and it does not remain stuck either.

I'm sure Resonessence support will get it fixed post haste.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #1,899 of 2,480
Thanks guys, I just contacted Resonessence Labs and Mark quickly replied stating that the volume knob is likely off centre =[. I will give the local retailer a call later and arrange a return/replacement.

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,900 of 2,480
yah, Mark and that team are pure excellence really.  Customer Support and engineering wise.

btw, if anyone wants a Concero HD (without the volume knob), mine is available in the FS Source forum.

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #1,901 of 2,480
Just to clarify with the concero hp, there is no min or max point on the volume knob right? It should be able to freely rotated both anticlockwise and clockwise? Without the turning resistance changing?

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #1,903 of 2,480
Anyone using the Apple Remote with Concero HP and has trouble selecting FWD/PREV tracks? I could select filters, pause/play, etc. But not change tracks. Is it because I'm playing from a MacBook Air which has no IR sensor? I'm thinking the HP is taking instructions from the remote, not my comp. Using Audirvana+. Anything to do with that?

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #1,905 of 2,480
Wow. Yes it works! Great tip. Now I don't suppose there's any drop in sound quality for Audirvana+ when switching to itune integration mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back