Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Oct 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,876 of 2,480
whoa, just read this on the RMAF Exhibitor info,
Resonessence:
Introducing HERUS+ at this years show

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,877 of 2,480
Hey Guys,

since some time the usb port of my Concero SD (at least i think its coming from the DAC) produces suddenly nothing but static noise.  It happend in one month about 3 times. It goes away when i reconnect the usb cable on the Concero though.

When i got the concero i switched often my usb cable between the concero and the Audinst MX-1 dac to hear the difference, but the usb port looked really sturdy so i didn't think i could damage it only by switching the cable.

Has someone the same experience maybe? Any advice?

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,878 of 2,480
I added an iUSB power to my ConceroHD and I am happy with the improvement. There was an obvious removal of noise. In particular the bass was cleaned up.

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #1,880 of 2,480
I think the ConceroHD sounds very tight.  (I'm not a reviewer, so I won't try to describe in detail.)  But it seemed to be affected negatively by the power from my PC.

My rig:  Lenovo Workstation -> Pangea USB-PC -> iFi iUSB power -> Pangea USB-PC -> ConceroHD -> AudioQuest Golden Gate RCA -> Burson Soloist -> Audeze LCD-XC (single ended stock cable).

Before inserting the iUSB, and with everything connected and powered on, I could here hiss and low frequency static with no signal and the volume at less than half way.  I believe the noise/interference in the USB power from the Lenovo was getting passed all the way through the circuit to the Burson.

With the iUSB installed, I can run the volume to maximum output on the Burson and not hear any noise.

As a side note, one of the tests I always do to a new system is run no signal and turn the volume up to listen for noise.  Does anyone else out there do that?

Sean

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #1,883 of 2,480
  Hey Guys,

since some time the usb port of my Concero SD (at least i think its coming from the DAC) produces suddenly nothing but static noise.  It happend in one month about 3 times. It goes away when i reconnect the usb cable on the Concero though.

When i got the concero i switched often my usb cable between the concero and the Audinst MX-1 dac to hear the difference, but the usb port looked really sturdy so i didn't think i could damage it only by switching the cable.

Has someone the same experience maybe? Any advice?

Interesting... not sure what that could be. Have you tried a different USB cable all together, just to eliminate that as a potential issue? Also try a different USB connection to your computer, just to see if that might be the issue.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,884 of 2,480
@project86

I really don't know what reason it could be but as long as i leave the usb port (and even then it doesn't happen all the time) alone it works flawlessly, so i'm rather not messing around with it.
ph34r.gif

The DAC itself is sounding great though.

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #1,885 of 2,480
  @project86

I really don't know what reason it could be but as long as i leave the usb port (and even then it doesn't happen all the time) alone it works flawlessly, so i'm rather not messing around with it.
ph34r.gif

The DAC itself is sounding great though.

Who knows.... must be just some tiny bad connection somewhere in the chain. As long as it works then you don't have to investigate further, just leave it be.

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,886 of 2,480
Resonessence working on a new firmware/software? for Concero products. I'm curious what they will be adressing?
http://resonessencelabs.com/software-updates-for-concero/

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,888 of 2,480
Question about the Concero HD: when it is selected as the sound output device, what happens to the software volume control? Some DACs disable it (Benchmark DAC1), some use the software volume to control the DAC chip's volume (Concero HP), and others just keep it enabled and rely on the user to set it to -0dB. What does the Concero HD do?

I use a Mac, but am curious if there's a difference with other systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back