Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
May 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #48 of 269
May 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #50 of 269
Here is a teaser when i just started. Still not done. 3 bottles of glue done, no steel, no wood, only headphone parts and glue, lots of glue

May 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #52 of 269
Here is a teaser when i just started. Still not done. 3 bottles of glue done, no steel, no wood, only headphone parts and glue, lots of glue

Looks like you're quite serious! Still, I can't help but look at the pic and think of my aunt: "I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food!" She's a fantastic tempura painter, too.

I redid my entry.  

Aw, but I thought your dripper was really cool, and quite "vamp!" Still, I'm always a sucker for Starwars.

Edit: uh, no pun intended. At least with the sucker bit XD

May 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #53 of 269
Posting my teaser as well. Seemed simple enough at first.  A simple hexagon out of cardboard.  After my 4th attempt and a few bandaids later, however, I began to find a new appreciation for design and fabrication.  I cannot even begin to imagine all the stuff Val has to go through. My cat, 'Mako' helped out and made sure everthing was up to spec.

May 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #54 of 269
It's starting to heat up.

Mmmmm, I'm going to finish mine tonight. Will summit privately - sorry folks I'm playing the game :p

I'll then post up here on the 1st. But now I really have a kick in my ass.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 29, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #55 of 269
My recent Recycle plastic submission. Cant wait for the new M100's....so used to having fold able earcups!

BEFORE                                                              AFTER

May 29, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #56 of 269
Quote:
My recent Recycle plastic submission. Cant wait for the new M100's....so used to having fold able earcups!

BEFORE                                                              AFTER

I see no cut cable or broken headband?

May 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #57 of 269
Hmmm their defiantly broken, damn hope the judges can distinguish the busted cup adjustment. Might have to repost another effort 
confused_face.gif

May 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #58 of 269
Finally a day off with good weather! It's been cloudy or raining every other occasion this month... in fact today was supposed to rain. I like the sun's /doesnotcare attitude.

Here's my (re-)submission, as can seen on FB.
No snails were harmed in the making of this picture. One dog got scared though. Then she wanted to play.
The picture reflects the real roadside-thrown earbud, which is often found without cables attached to them anymore. Were they seeds they may have ended up this way, hence the irony and contrast between picture and caption.

Anyway since I know no one can see what the pseudo-plant is, here are some pictures. With dirt still stuck on it.

Those red, green and yellow threads are pulled from the cable. Yeah the 3.5mm is supposed to be the bulb... and that diaphragm keeps falling off :S The magnet in the last picture is part of the driver whose diaphragm got churned out, and was not used in the picture. The germination process does not follow conventional science so I know the earbud is technically facing the wrong side.
First Generation (I think?) Apple Earbud -- seed, roots, stem, petal & leaf highlights
Plastic Wrapper -- Front side of petals and leaves
Tape -- Back side of petals and leaves, wrapped around stem for stiffening
Driver Diaphragm -- on frontal side of flower
Blue Tack -- to secure the diaphragm

Oh well this was fun! Hope you guys enjoy it and, of course, dispose of your project leftovers responsibly after.

May 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #59 of 269
Kalbee,
Wow, really nice execution, and I think the puns were all quite cute ^__^
Though my submission materials are in the recycle bin (except for my gf!), I like that you recycled by repurposing. Did you ever see the James May BBC show where they crafted an entire garden out of plasticine?
Still, barren makes me feel sad.

Alpha101,
I like your submission too, reminds me of a Seurat pointillist painting. I also like the little details like how your contrast adjustment makes the earpads and the little R pop out, and how the cable plug makes an inverted V in the reflection of your Crossfades. Was that on purpose, or just the V-MODA effect? I almost borrowed a V-MODA logo for my submission but decided instead to just suggest it, so they could add it if they want, but yours is quite clean. I think the broken part of the headband assembly is quite clear in your extra photo, and I can see it in your submission now that I know where to look.

Anyway, g'night to all! Looking forward to the final submissions, and results :wink:

May 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #60 of 269
Quote:
Kalbee,
Wow, really nice execution, and I think the puns were all quite cute ^__^
Though my submission materials are in the recycle bin (except for my gf!), I like that you recycled by repurposing. Did you ever see the James May BBC show where they crafted an entire garden out of plasticine?
Still, barren makes me feel sad.

Glad you didn't put her in there, otherwise I'm afraid her facial expression may remain as-in the picture!
I don't have television anymore so I can most certainly say I never saw it, but in the Montreal underground city (really a mall spanning a few subway station) they have large sections where all decoration are made with plastic bottles and such! The tourists love it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back