Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
May 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #31 of 269
I posted my submission! I bought a pair of $10 headphones from the dollar store, smashed them up with a hammer, used the shards like "sound explosion fragments," and took a pic of my girlfriend screaming. Lol. I apologized for using her as a model, those headphones really did hurt to wear!
I figured "don't listen to plastic" encompasses "plastic headphones sound bad" and "plastic headphones break easy."
As much as I'd love the headphones, I would MOST like the continued opportunity to make ads for V-MODA... then I can buy all the durable hi-fi I want!

Thanks!

May 20, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #32 of 269
Quote:
I posted my submission! I bought a pair of $10 headphones from the dollar store, smashed them up with a hammer, used the shards like "sound explosion fragments," and took a pic of my girlfriend screaming. Lol. I apologized for using her as a model, those headphones really did hurt to wear!
I figured "don't listen to plastic" encompasses "plastic headphones sound bad" and "plastic headphones break easy."
As much as I'd love the headphones, I would MOST like the continued opportunity to make ads for V-MODA... then I can buy all the durable hi-fi I want!

Thanks!

Damn finally I have competition...

May 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #34 of 269
Quote:

Thanks!

haha Nice! Though just remember that realistically you'd be hard to find true non-plastic headphones.
Hoping my next day off has good weather, I got mine ready for a crappy picture shoot! It's nothing as artistic as any of yours but it was fun making it :wink:

May 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #35 of 269
Lol my friend from 3rd grade (so like... we've been friends 15 years? More?) said "Is she supposed to be yawning or in pain?" I think he was kidding me, at least I hope. Someone else suggested I put in smoke or something, make it look more "explode-y." Well, maybe I'll do that if I revisit this, the hardest part was just getting my girlfriend to come over during the daytime :/ But still, it was fun :D

Don't feel bad about "left-brain vs right-brain," I've just enjoyed seeing the different ideas people came up with :) I actually thought someone else would have the same idea before I did, seemed obvious to me that: plastic + sound + bad = headphone exploding

Like Marty McFly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsX5PtVTfxg

May 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #36 of 269
Quote:
Hammer + Headphones = Recycled

lol awww, somebody did have the same idea before I did.

Oh and swbf2cheater,
I think Val said the deadline is June 1st, so you should be fine. PM the V-MODA facebook page.

May 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #38 of 269
May 22, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #40 of 269
Quote:
Lol well I look forward to it, just don't delay till too close to the deadline else unforeseen complications make you miss your chance. Cool profile pic btw!

thanks, a quick 5 min effect bomb
tongue.gif
still working on teh b'ceps yo
yeah Lol I have reminders set 5 days and 2 days ahead of time. I haveto upload with my GF's FB profile lol, I don't do FB.

May 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #41 of 269
Mariachi band backed out last minute. Gonna have to revamp the photo shoot. Anybody know where I can get a donkey and 200 gallons of green paint for a good price? It'd be nice if all these entries were grouped into one album to view.  Val, who are the 5 judges going to be?

May 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #42 of 269
Is this promo still going until June 1?

I have a nice idea using a very old set I found, now that I noticed this today... Am I too late to submit? I don't see the June 1 or the contest entries on Facebook, besides the earlier entries?

May 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #43 of 269
Is this promo still going until June 1?

I have a nice idea using a very old set I found, now that I noticed this today... Am I too late to submit? I don't see the June 1 or the contest entries on Facebook, besides the earlier entries?

As stated by Val, I am sure that the due date hasn't changed.

I think many people submit their entries through private messages on Facebook, or they are still working on their photo like me.:wink:

May 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #44 of 269
I now wish I was more creative...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back