Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 26, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #241 of 269
Quote:
Big thank you to Vmoda, Val, Bentley and everyone who supported me!  Congrats to those other winners as well, pfft! lol just kidding.  Everyone did a great job, more stuff like this should be done around here.  Doesn't have to have a special prize, just something to get the community stirring and to be a little more active!  

I'll build a tank for the next one HA, ba-BANG

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #243 of 269
Jun 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #245 of 269
Quote:
Guys come on, don't sulk. 

Oh wait, wasn't there supposed to be a coupon for all the entrants who did not win? But that was only stated before the official details, so you can't really hold Val to that, since it was all spur of the moment. 

Yes we are giving personalized discount coupon code for those who participated. If you made a submission and didn't get a code, drop me a PM and I'll get you hooked up :)

Jun 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #246 of 269
Quote:
Yes, Internet is slow today, but we look forward to PM's arriving eventually, whether by Facebook or Head-Fi.
Bentley really is a sweet name!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you 
gs1000.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #247 of 269
Quote:
I posted my submission! I bought a pair of $10 headphones from the dollar store, smashed them up with a hammer, used the shards like "sound explosion fragments," and took a pic of my girlfriend screaming. Lol. I apologized for using her as a model, those headphones really did hurt to wear!
I figured "don't listen to plastic" encompasses "plastic headphones sound bad" and "plastic headphones break easy."
As much as I'd love the headphones, I would MOST like the continued opportunity to make ads for V-MODA... then I can buy all the durable hi-fi I want!

Thanks!

By the way, don't know how I failed to notice and comment on this before now but... what?!
$2.50 at most in our local ones, and they had to change their name to Dollar+ Store.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #248 of 269
By the way, don't know how I failed to notice and comment on this before now but... what?!
$2.50 at most in our local ones, and they had to change their name to Dollar+ Store.

Lol! Yeah I think it was a "Dollar General." Believe me, I drove toanother "dollar" store and Walmart looking for a cheap headset with enough material to be worth breaking, and this was the cheapest one that wasn't an earbud. Maybe it's the area I live in.

Even though the cost was relatively high, the plastic shells were perfect for what I had in mind. In retrospect, the entry might've been stronger if I had my girlfriend looking slightly to the side so you could see the overall cheap plastic drivers and housing, and had a more 3D dispersion shape to the shell shards, but I was going to be short on time in the days before the final submission deadline. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them, because I still have the .PSD file used to make this, and I want to put a polished version into my graphic design portfolio.

By the way, Bently has PM'd me my voucher code.

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #250 of 269
lets do a random Vibrato for the people who entered.  THE SAGA CONTINUES.

-V

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #253 of 269
lets do a random VAMP for the people who entered.  THE SAGA CONTINUES.

-V

What was that about a random VAMP :wink:? (Yay text editing, haha).

Kojaku

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #254 of 269
How do you think I should pick the random #?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back