Recabling Denon AH-D1001 (&D1000)
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #47 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, maybe nylon multifilament was what I think I'm looking for. Thanks!

Happy recabling
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #49 of 84
Inspired by this post, I decided to re-wire my Aurvana Live! as well. Indeed, they have the same driver as the pics in the OP. I used Canare L-4E5C cable instead of mogami, but did the style the same way.

I didn't expect too much, to be honest, and I'm quite surprised at the difference. In particular, the upper midrange and high frequencies seem more clear and apparent than they did with the original cable. The overall balance is much more natural and the bass doesn't seem dominate like it did when they were new.

I am far from being an esoteric cable fan, but this re-wire is definitely worth it.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #51 of 84
Okay here's what I noticed straight out from the Sansa Clip using lossless files. The bass gained control and makes the whole sound more balanced. Also, the sibilance from the highs disappeared. That means it is not fatiguing anymore because I can listen to them at a lower volume without feeling the need to turn it higher.
I hope I can do the comparison using a better source and a dedicated amp because I suspect the differences will be bigger.

Again, I would like to say that it is easy to recable them and it does worth the effort.

Thanks to Bostonears & majkel :wink:

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #52 of 84
Hello everyone I have recently acquired all of the contents needed to do a recable of my 1001ks. Got mogami 2893, heatshrink and Switchcraft 3.5mm gold plated stereo plug 35HDBAU. know I know exactly what to do for the soldering the cable to drivers but when I got the plug I noticed that the inside did not fit the outside part of the plug is this a manufacturers defect or im I incorrect and if I im how do you solder the cable to the plug. I see theres three things to the switchcraft 35hdbau plug. the biggest piece had like two little pieces of metal that sticking both towards the same direction and thats the reason why it does not fit in the plug, if I bend these two pieces of metal im sure I could get them to fit. Also below the two pieces of metal theres a smaller piece of metal lastly on the other side theres a also a little piece of metal but this one has a hole in the middle. Im kinda confused and just dont know what im doing but want to learn. any one have like a tutorial for this plug or any advice? PLEASE
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #53 of 84
Haha, that's very normal, no need worry. I guess you've never used the Switchcraft or even Neutrik before, right?
The reason you couldn't screw the barrel to the plug is the ground is unbent. It's designed to hold the cable tightly after you solder. You must use a pincers to bend those two pieces so that they can hold the cable fixed.
The hole in that piece of metal is for putting the wire through so that you can solder it easier.

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #54 of 84
Thanks Lil Knight I was about to take the plug back to Marketech. No I have never soldered ever but before I desoldered the original cables I practiced on a old pair of headphones that I had. but my question is which color cables get soldered to what part of the plug? the mogami has four cables a red, black, blue and transparent. Are you familiar with the Switchcraft 3.5mm gold plated stereo plug 35HDBAU?
triportsad.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #57 of 84
Anyone have any suggestions on where to order from for Canadians?

I am interested in recabling my D1001's and dont wan to go to The Source/Radioshack.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #59 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the wire and plug from Markertek, although they are available at many other places.

Is there a special way of ordering that doesnt cost $12 for shipping on a short cable and connector?

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #60 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReD.SkY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a special way of ordering that doesnt cost $12 for shipping on a short cable and connector?

Not that I know of. I suggest ordering more from them, because it won't add to the shipping. If you do anything with electronics, they have lots of great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back