QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
Feb 4, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #211 of 5,627

Quote:
I'll complain about the heat. It's been 40+ degrees Celsius (104F) every day this week in western Sydney. It's going to be low 40s again tomorrow... looks like I'll be spending my day at the local shopping centre! :D

It is 15 F here... 
blink.gif

enjoy it.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #212 of 5,627

[size=medium]
let go of a great woman, now i want her back. pretty sure its not mutual anymore.  
frown.gif

[/size]

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #213 of 5,627

Quote:
  I'll complain about the heat. It's been 40+ degrees Celsius (104F) every day this week in western Sydney. It's going to be low 40s again tomorrow... looks like I'll be spending my day at the local shopping centre! :D 

I share your pain.....................................................

Still better than Queensland, you know, Flooding one day - cyclone the next........!!!!!!!

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #214 of 5,627
I'm really sad/mad/disappointed that I got defective v6's. That's life I guess. Technically, I do have other headphones so it's not a big deal but still I was looking forward to getting these.

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #215 of 5,627
:facebrick:
It's a titration of sulfamic acid with bromocresol green. I applied too much pressure to the burette's tap and it came loose, discharging 47ml of glorious NaOH(aq) on my hands. Well it's 0.1mol/L so no big deal, really.
The whole thing before this is that the NaOH(aq) is dispensed through a huge, um, let's call it a bucket with a tap at the bottom, much like a bulk drink dispenser that's not built to dispense chem solutions in a controlled (or controllable) flow. The tap isn't even tight and the solution will leak through the freaking top of the valve. I'm guessing that pot (or faucet, whatever) is linear rather than logarithmic. If any of you ever worked with linear and log volume pots you know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: You can actually wash your hands in concentrated H2SO4. You just need hands that are quick and lesion-free, and of course, don't wash your hands with water afterwards.

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #222 of 5,627
I haven't been sick at all in months. Not a single cough. I get allergies, but not sick. Anyway, today was the first scrimmage of my college tennis team, we played Sonoma State. I woke up at 2:45 AM hacking, coughing, and in general dying. Every symptom possible. I tried as hard a I could to feel better and by match time I felt "ehh" like it was do-able. (Meaning to play, not win) SSU is a much better team than us and it is traditional to go out and get our butts handed to us once every year for our scrimmage.

Anyway, since it wasn't an official scrimmage and we play them often, we didn't use a ladder, just picked random names out of a hat. I , number five on my team, drew their number one guy. I was already feeing out of it, but figured I would get it over with. Then I saw the guy. I asked him how tall he was. He was 22 years old and approximately 6'5". I thought it couldn't get any worse. My coach walks over with a sad look in his face and explains that the big part of his game is his serve then casually warned me to just try and survive. 

He served the ball on the first point, and it was the fastest moving tennis ball I have ever seen. I think I got about ten first serves back from him. He beat me 6-1, 6-0. I also got hit in the stomach with one of his serves, which I found out later can reach 140 mph.

And now I'm home. Sick, hurting, tired, hungry, I have the chills and a headache, my throat is sore, I just dry-heaved, my stomach has a bruise, I need new shoes, but the WORST part, is that my HD600's haven't shipped yet. It's been 3 days. WHY?!

EDIT: I just hurled. What a wonderful day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back