PS1000 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #2,551 of 3,605
LMAO!
I know, it is definitely the truth, you can buy any SR model with no defects. :confused_face_2:  
Thanks I hope their fine when I receive them.

They are not "manufacturing defects," they are "personality quirks." Each Grado was individually crafted with love by Lorina Figueroa and Isela Hernandez, sisters of the tight-knit GradoLabs family, just as each head-fi'er was individually crafted with love by Mom and Dad, parents of their own family. And like us, each Grado answers a given question slightly differently. Like us, each Grado is unique. Like us, each Grado is loved by someone.

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,552 of 3,605
They are not "manufacturing defects," they are "personality quirks." Each Grado was individually crafted with love by Lorina Figueroa and Isela Hernandez, sisters of the tight-knit GradoLabs family, just as each head-fi'er was individually crafted with love by Mom and Dad, parents of their own family. And like us, each Grado answers a given question slightly differently. Like us, each Grado is unique. Like us, each Grado is loved by someone.

Very nicely said John…but I still want my PS1Ke to be perfect! 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #2,554 of 3,605
i still feel like the rodblocks of the ps1000 are terrible, but a cable that's dented due to packing, no i wouldn't call that a defect.

someone mentioned the headphones falling off when moving their head: try bending the headband to be more head-shaped :)

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,555 of 3,605
  i still feel like the rodblocks of the ps1000 are terrible, but a cable that's dented due to packing, no i wouldn't call that a defect.
someone mentioned the headphones falling off when moving their head: try bending the headband to be more head-shaped :)

The cable was basically crushed, and also the chrome had a 2 blemishes on the R-cup so I wasn't accepting this. And who ever it was that trying to stretch the headband, probably grabbed the rod blocks while stretching the headband which caused them to come apart. I never touch the rod blocks while doing this, I pull from right above them, of course.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #2,556 of 3,605
  LMAO!
I know, it is definitely the truth, you can buy any SR model with no defects. 
confused_face_2.gif

Thanks I hope their fine when I receive them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Buddy!
beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,559 of 3,605
Grado sent me a brand new pair of PS1Ke that are in perfect condition!!!
The cables coming from the L/R cups actually look a bit thicker than the previous pair…but I'm not sure???

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,560 of 3,605

Exactly...that's part of the "Grado charm". 

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #2,561 of 3,605

they must be some charming ass mutha.... SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #2,562 of 3,605
  The cable was basically crushed, and also the chrome had a 2 blemishes on the R-cup so I wasn't accepting this. And who ever it was that trying to stretch the headband, probably grabbed the rod blocks while stretching the headband which caused them to come apart. I never touch the rod blocks while doing this, I pull from right above them, of course.

the last part, about the headband wasn't meant for you. 2 pages back someone said that the headphones didn't fit nicely on their head so this was my solution for them.

i have a pre-chrome model, and mine looks worn, but that has its charm, in my opinion.

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,564 of 3,605
  Grado sent me a brand new pair of PS1Ke that are in perfect condition!!!
The cables coming from the L/R cups actually look a bit thicker than the previous pair…but I'm not sure???

I'm happy for you Buddy!

Oh! and you probably have the new 24 conductors cable.
wink.gif

''Grado charm'' , well in that case, they could be a little less charming.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back