PS1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,451 of 3,605
I just received a pair of PS1000 cans, used for £600. Something I didn't notice in the photos on eBay was a little nub on the outside of the left ear. I've looked at many photos online and none of them have this. Is it a mod or repair? What? I'm worried although they sound bloody amazing so...

That is weird... I have no idea what that could be.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,452 of 3,605
  I just received a pair of PS1000 cans, used for £600. Something I didn't notice in the photos on eBay was a little nub on the outside of the left ear. I've looked at many photos online and none of them have this. Is it a mod or repair? What? I'm worried although they sound bloody amazing so...

A little nub?
It looks like a rubber grommet with a filled in hole in the middle.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #3,453 of 3,605

I can't imagine my life without my PS1000 either :wink:

do those have a serial number below 200? because the finish looks like mine, but the edges are edgier on your model.

I was planing to sell my ''bling bling'' finish PS1K, but you guys aren't making it easy for me to get rid of my ''glorified dumbells'' .

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #3,456 of 3,605
  Here's another pic from the side.

I quite worried that it'll affect the resale value if I ever decide to sell them on.

Its possible the set was used as a gaming headset and had that to attach a microphone piece

Should be safe to take off and since its metal, should be ok and can be wiped like nothing was there.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,457 of 3,605
I think you may be right. Anyway, I just gathered up the courage to have a pull and twist of the thing and it turns out it was basically just stuck with a sticky rubber ring and is now unattached. Crisis over! I was pretty scared that someone had drilled a hole into the thing!

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,458 of 3,605
  I think you may be right. Anyway, I just gathered up the courage to have a pull and twist of the thing and it turns out it was basically just stuck with a sticky rubber ring and is now unattached. Crisis over! I was pretty scared that someone had drilled a hole into the thing!

And now you can sleep in peace!
biggrin.gif
After some peaceful, paranoid free vibrations.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #3,459 of 3,605

It looks like it might be a magnet post for a microphone for gaming?

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #3,465 of 3,605
  @chocky900 haha, glad it all worked out man, that thing on there was hideous!  
eek.gif

Looking a lot better now. I was genuinely freaked out! I feel a bit daft now although what the hell was the previous owner thinking not even mentioning the thing. I have no idea if he was the original owner or whether he added that thing. Anyway, I've got new pads and an extension cable as he didn't include it (denied he ever had it) so that's another £50 on top :frowning2: but it's sounding and looking great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back