[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Jan 2, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #136 of 251
In my shop in VietNam, we sell E18, too. The problem is that we have a Sony Xperia Arco S ( the only android phone in my shop :D ). It's 4.1.2 stock version of this model ( updating is impossible since sony doesn't support ). 

I connect my Sony with E18 but it doesnt work at all. In fact, i can use the media controller, but cant hear any sound coming out from my AKG K702. 

So, do i have to ... root my phone? I'm just afraid it's gonna be a brick :D 

Really need help. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #137 of 251
Rooting your smartphone won't give you USB Audio class support, so there isn't any need to do so. Try download 'USB Audio Player Pro' from Playstore (a free trial version is available) and see if it will detect the E18 or not.

Also, because it is a old model, it might not have the hardware inside to support any kind of USB Audio device. In those case, you just have to use another, newer smartphone.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #138 of 251
Does anyone know a likely release date for the UK market? I think it should work well with my Galaxy Note 3.

iv just got mine this morning from ea audio (also available on amazon) . have not used it yet its still charging but ill be using it (hopefully ) with a moto g . 

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #139 of 251
  Rooting your smartphone won't give you USB Audio class support, so there isn't any need to do so. Try download 'USB Audio Player Pro' from Playstore (a free trial version is available) and see if it will detect the E18 or not.

Also, because it is a old model, it might not have the hardware inside to support any kind of USB Audio device. In those case, you just have to use another, newer smartphone.

Dear ! 

I installed USB Audio Player Pro and my whole set-up still a brick :frowning2: 

I try to pair E18 with my Nexus 4 and the same thing happens. We've got 5 units of E18 here and cannot make them sound like they should 

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #140 of 251
Have you selected 'DAC' instead of 'CHG' on the bottom of E18?

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #142 of 251
So far I haven't been able to get it working with my Galaxy S4. Just got the E18 this morning, so I might miss something.

The E18 and S4 are connected through the short micro USB cable.

Need any setting be changed or software installed on the S4.

Please help, like to get it working.

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #143 of 251
iv just got mine this morning from ea audio (also available on amazon) . have not used it yet its still charging but ill be using it (hopefully ) with a moto g . 

Thanks for the info my friend. Do you know if it's the revision B model?

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #144 of 251
mine is (it charges on pc usb) . i am however a little disapointed that the moto g doesnt work without the usb audio player pro app. it almost does but not quite and very inconsistently . it sounds good though , better than i had expected. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #145 of 251
I updated the fw on my Galaxy S4 and sound over USB works now. Is the FLAC player that play upto 24bit/192 kHz and possibly downsample to 96 kHz on the fly, because the E18 does'nt't go higher??? 

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #146 of 251
  I updated the fw on my Galaxy S4 and sound over USB works now. Is the FLAC player that play upto 24bit/192 kHz and possibly downsample to 96 kHz on the fly, because the E18 does'nt't go higher??? 

It is being downsampled

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #147 of 251
I received my e18 two days ago, for my Samsung s3.
I am experiencing good results, although I noticed some interference noise when tre phone struggles to connect to some mobile network. this happens on the train especially.
IMHO, the FIIO E18 sound quality looks more than adeguate for the price.

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #149 of 251

or a tablet for that matter, I have the 2014 Edition of the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and this one sounds already great in Standard mode, so I wonder what the E18 can bring extra in case anyone of you tried this already out? In March-April Comes the new Galaxy 5 Smartphone, so I would use the E18 for both if any progess is possible, because I prefere this Option instead of a musicplayer only because the Topmodels have no Android and or Wlan, and I mainly stream my Music, not Spotify but Wimp who offer far more better Sound and more prog,avant-rock and beyond than most other,but ok, this is my personal taste.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #150 of 251
or a tablet for that matter, I have the 2014 Edition of the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and this one sounds already great in Standard mode, so I wonder what the E18 can bring extra in case anyone of you tried this already out? In March-April Comes the new Galaxy 5 Smartphone, so I would use the E18 for both if any progess is possible, because I prefere this Option instead of a musicplayer only because the Topmodels have no Android and or Wlan, and I mainly stream my Music, not Spotify but Wimp who offer far more better Sound and more prog,avant-rock and beyond than most other,but ok, this is my personal taste.

According to the compatibility thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/690036/fiio-e18-does-your-smartphone-work-with-it-for-usb-audio-tell-us-about-it-here-and-we-will-award-you-10-internets), the Note 2014 is supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back