[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Dec 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #121 of 251
Thanks mate:) e12 do not need to conect to 18 right? Just in phone?

Only one audio output can be active at a time - you can't connect E18 to USB and E12 to 3.5mm outputs of the phone and have both of them active.
I thought you wanted to use E12 to amplify E18's signal.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #122 of 251
  But the LG also have Hi-res Audio, and should be the best sounding Smartphone on the planet right now, so does it bring something to upgrade it with the Kunlun? Maybe the E12 will make more sence?

Which LG phone are you referring to anyway?Or is this a joke?

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #123 of 251
i am presuming it will be fine but i was just wondering . how would this cope driving beyerdynamic dt250 250ohm's ? 
the highest recommended  is 150ohm .
the beyers are however fairly sensitive in comparison to some .
if anyone has any comment on it driving higher impedance headphones this would be appreciated . 

EDIT..... actually the manual says 300ohm , slightly conflicting. 
cheers all ed 

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #125 of 251
And where to conect e12? In e18 line out? Please forgive me mate for my stupid questions:) I'm new in this audiofile stuff:)

Yes, you connect E12's input to E18's line out (the one near the headphone output).

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #128 of 251
  Listening to di.fm right now :)

indeed it's a nice enough service. A shame they don't sell 320k streaming... [jerks] but for less than $5 a month I can't complain to much

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #129 of 251
Does anyone know a likely release date for the UK market? I think it should work well with my Galaxy Note 3.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #130 of 251
Does anyone know a likely release date for the UK market? I think it should work well with my Galaxy Note 3.

As reported in the other E18 thread here on head-fi, on the official Fiio's Facebook page a post written 2 weeks ago says:

The new revision will ship internationally on the 15th

Still no confirmation about that. The official seller here in Italy says that the device will be available the first week of January.

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #131 of 251
I just did receive the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for my birthday, and  the Sound in Connection with my Yamaha EPH-100 is just amazing,at least for my not audiophile ears, For a bit more bass I use my JVC HA-FX 1000 in ears, but I don´t feel the Need to upgrade with an E18 amp, as it won´t get much better than it already is, the backside of this Quality is that non-remastered seventies recordings become unlistenable,for examply some Anthony Phillips ( ex-Genesis) Private Parts recordings.The Bob Dylan Boot siries from 1 to 6 sounds great if a bit thin, but with my JVC in ears, the Problem is solved.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #134 of 251
Does anybody make a review, pairing the E18 and other Android phone?  

I have a few questions , kinds of ... 

Which android version that E18 will be compatible with? 

Does E18 need any firmware upgrading ? 

About the OTG Cable, there's a lot of low quality OTG Cables on the market right now, i'm wondering if i loose ( or mine is broken ), will Fiio sell another one ?

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #135 of 251
  Does anybody make a review, pairing the E18 and other Android phone?  

I have a few questions , kinds of ... 

Which android version that E18 will be compatible with? 

Does E18 need any firmware upgrading ? 

About the OTG Cable, there's a lot of low quality OTG Cables on the market right now, i'm wondering if i loose ( or mine is broken ), will Fiio sell another one ?

1. You'll need at least 4.1 / JB and above. However, Android varies on each model of smartphone so there is no guarantee it will work.

2. No.

3. I found that other OTG cable I have don't work with E18. Have to use the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back