Preorder: Fostex TH900 mk2 Pearl White Limited Edition Headphone
Oct 21, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #31 of 60
Oct 24, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #34 of 60
I never understood why people fall for 'limited editions,' but there are all kinds out there.
The obvious reason is the white edition is the missing link. They put out red and blue before.

1603559052636.png

Unfortunately I have no way to justify that green is my favorite of the TH-900s :D

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #37 of 60
Yeah there is very large Czech community in Texas and if you read the barbecue restaurant signs carefully you'll see many of them are Czech names.

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #38 of 60
Yeah there is very large Czech community in Texas and if you read the barbecue restaurant signs carefully you'll see many of them are Czech names.
I read somewhere Texas BBQ originated from Czech and Germans preserving meat? <-once again, totally related to the topic since BBQ and Texas, and Texas flag color associations.

I preordered some BBQ. What was the topic again?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #40 of 60
I read somewhere Texas BBQ originated from Czech and Germans preserving meat? <-once again, totally related to the topic since BBQ and Texas, and Texas flag color associations.
I think it is just the love of good food cooked outdoors over good wood. Nothing stays around long enough to need preservation :D

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #42 of 60
Sapphire is brighter, almost to an unenjoyable level.
I don't notice any brightness on my new Sapphires. I also don't notice almost any V shape. These are so much better than my TR-X00.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #43 of 60
I never understood why people fall for 'limited editions,' but there are all kinds out there.
Can't say I disagree with that but it's something incredibly common out of Japanese culture. Have everything limited edition, release pre-orders so your production costs and profit are locked in upfront. People who don't pre-order and try to obtain the item later are usually stung with higher prices on used items. Those people then are trained via negative reinforcement to just go in for the pre-order on the limited items.
Audio Technica is far worse than Fostex at this. Looking at you Leatherheads / W3000anv and other very nice, unique pairs with no "standard" version like the TH900s.

And some people just like to collect. I have a TH900mk1 and was meaning to get a Mk2 so I could cable roll (aka go balanced) and don't have a problem with going for limited editions.

To each their own.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #44 of 60
Can't say I disagree with that but it's something incredibly common out of Japanese culture. Have everything limited edition, release pre-orders so your production costs and profit are locked in upfront. People who don't pre-order and try to obtain the item later are usually stung with higher prices on used items. Those people then are trained via negative reinforcement to just go in for the pre-order on the limited items.
Audio Technica is far worse than Fostex at this. Looking at you Leatherheads / W3000anv and other very nice, unique pairs with no "standard" version like the TH900s.

And some people just like to collect. I have a TH900mk1 and was meaning to get a Mk2 so I could cable roll (aka go balanced) and don't have a problem with going for limited editions.

To each their own.
In my case I was about to buy them anyway, and I like the white look. Colors to suit every taste... "Horses for courses"

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #45 of 60

To each their own.
Omg hey dude, been a while!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back