Post Your Photography Here #2
Feb 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #11,899 of 15,743
  Taken on an iPad Air. I love composing photographs with an iPad; it's such a different experience from peering through the viewfinder. It's quite liberating.

I've heard this, too, but never tried it. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #11,900 of 15,743

Camera phone...?

No one was harmed. Chopsaw blade got caught and failed, all fragments were captured by the machine. 
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #11,901 of 15,743

Well, that says a lot, doesn't it?
They are not making the cameras of these phones/tablets better because they simply can, but because people are actually taking photos with them :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #11,902 of 15,743

Well, that says a lot, doesn't it?
They are not making the cameras of these phones/tablets better because they simply can, but because people are actually taking photos with them :)

Because I'm poor. 
biggrin.gif

And surprisingly that tripod mounted thing, takes better photos than some of the cameras I've seen out there. That's talking about 200 USD cameras, not other stuff.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #11,905 of 15,743
  with an iPad? Standard camera app?

Standard camera app, but the picture has been lightly processed in Photoshop. Nothing drastic though. Indeed, these cameras have come a long way.

I've heard this, too, but never tried it.

You should try it. Using a smartphone isn't nearly as satisfying as composing a shot with a tablet. It's a completely different experience because it's almost like using a large format slide.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #11,906 of 15,743
Standard camera app, but the picture has been lightly processed in Photoshop. Nothing drastic though. Indeed, these cameras have come a long way.

You should try it. Using a smartphone isn't nearly as satisfying as composing a shot with a tablet. It's a completely different experience because it's almost like using a large format slide.

We should look forward to gigantic sensor phones in a couple years. I would love to use a phone as they are always with you. Still I always feel my IPad or IPhone 4 shots are missing quality.

Maybe in a couple years they will have 40 megapixel phones and 2 million pixel displays that you could look at with a viewer attachment. Or 40 megapixel IPads. I still haven't updated my phone to the new OS to try and do panoramas.

There is a discrepancy that you can do panoramas with many smartphones but need an after market software package and manual labor to even make simple ones with a DSLR.

You would think Nikon or Canon would be at least offering it in DSLRs unless multiple 16 megabyte files are just too big to hold in a DSLR memory and piece together?

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #11,907 of 15,743

You've got me. I'll try it with my iPad next time. I just upgraded to an iPad air so I now have a camera. I was on a fist gen since 20120.

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #11,910 of 15,743
Personally I almost only use my iPhone (5s) nowadays. The image quality of it is comparable to my Nikon D200 (which is ancient, but not a bad camera), and better in low-light conditions. Of course, it's pretty much fully automatic so it's not as fun to use as a camera as the D200, but going on image quality alone, yeah they're comparable. I think it speaks in volumes as to how good mobile phone cameras are nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back