Post pics of your builds....
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #4,231 of 9,811
This is based on a TPA6111A2 it's very similar to the PA2V2 amp, the trick to decent sound is the capacitors it needs a large output capacitance with a smaller fast acting cap across the large one, it uses a charging capacitor to delay the sound turn on and thus avoids and clicking or popping the headphones the sound takes about 1/2 a second to build up and so its very gentle on the headphones. Set to a gain of 5 its sounds very good and rich with a solid bass.
I put the chip on a small dip adapter and that allowed some of the circuitry to be under the chip and also a decoupling capacitor under the chip.

CIMG2932.jpg

CIMG2935.jpg

CIMG2926.jpg

PCBDesign_EbayTPA6111A22.jpg

I'll get it in a case tomorrow
regular_smile .gif

Thanks for looking
cheers

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #4,232 of 9,811
Looks good fred! But what are you bothering with those dinky toys for, now you've got a real amp?
biggrin.gif

But seriously, how is the Millett treating you?

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #4,233 of 9,811
Hi Beefy,

The BIG amp is great I use it while building the baby ones
L3000.gif

You were right it sounds super with the AD700's

Its one of the best buys I've ever made

cheers

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #4,239 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enclosure for my PPA + γ1 DAC combo (WIP), made from €1 aluminum profile and FPE faceplate.
This combo will serve as my office amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very nice indeed, don't suppose you'd like to share some pics of the internals and rear panel?

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #4,240 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enclosure for my PPA + γ1 DAC combo (WIP), made from €1 aluminum profile and FPE faceplate.
This combo will serve as my office amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow very clean. You do great work!
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #4,241 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice indeed, don't suppose you'd like to share some pics of the internals and rear panel?

Thanks for the kind words gents!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, I will post more pics when completed. I still have to wait for a shipment from Digikey to complete the γ1 DAC, before integrating the DAC into the amp.

For the moment, I still have another amp to complete.
biggrin.gif

Afbeelding592.jpg

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #4,242 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have more info on this? schematic, etc? looks interesting.

great job on the build. all home etched I assume?
wink.gif

Yes all home made, here is my drawings they are not the best I don't really go for schematics, I roughed out the circuit on scrap paper and fleshed it out when laying out the board, so I added decoupling caps under the little board and additional decoupling at the power connection. It works on very low voltages the 3v I'm using gives a savage output. C3 is the startup cap too large a value and it takes minutes to start too low and it'll pop the earphones. Gain is set by R3/R4 I'm using 5, input caps are film my mistake on the drawing. Battery is permanently connected the switch on pin 5 puts the chip to sleep and it draws a few uamps.

I use PCBartist (free) so if you want the layout let me know
cheers

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #4,244 of 9,811
Proto PCB build of a Compact Tube Hybrid (CTH? CHAmp? ask runeight
wink.gif

cth_side.jpg

Sounding great.... Done except for gray vinyl dye for the black endplates (this summer), and I won't get away without some ventilation holes in the top (or use that nice perforated alum). Big thanks to runeight for making this amp possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back