Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Dec 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #1,818 of 4,134

1. Choice of Apple Lossless, FLAC or 320 kbps MP3
  2. The full album on six pieces of 180 gram vinyl
  3. Deluxe book package with metal cover in a hard plastic "ice" slip cover
  4. Exclusive custom 8gb metal razor blade USB pendant, inspired by Lisbeth's razor blade necklace
  5. USB drive contains the full album in high-fidelity 96k audio
  6. Fold-out poster by Neil Kellerhouse
  7. Numbered limited edition of 3000
  8. Personally signed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
  9. Images shown are concept renderings.
    Appearance and content subject to change
  10. Ships February 6, 2012

-----

So...I just bought my own Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's day gift. My girlfriend has agreed to pay me back for it. Had to buy now to get a lower number. 

EDIT: I hope she can pay me back soon to keep my amp fund on track for January. :3

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #1,820 of 4,134
I'll most likely frame the signed / numbered jacket. The flash drive nets me the 24/96 version...and it's 180 gram vinyl.

The audiophile in me couldn't say no...plus the music is great and I'm a huge Trent Reznor fan...and a big fan of the series (movies and books) so far. 

EDIT: Plus I've been needing to actually buy more music. I'm trying to end my pirating days.

Quote:
That's a lot of money for music. $14 for the 3 CD pack seems like a good deal though, and I like the sample tracks.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #1,821 of 4,134
Quote:
EDIT: Plus I've been needing to actually buy more music. I'm trying to end my pirating days.

I can understand that feeling, I try my best to buy the US music that I want. I only pirate imports for the most part. I've been ripped off enough on Thai fakes anyways.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #1,822 of 4,134
I plan to only get legit music by the end of next year when I (hope) will have my speaker set up done as well. 

I feel dirty after spending a lot of time here and thinking about it more and more.

Quote:
Quote:

I can understand that feeling, I try my best to buy the US music that I want. I only pirate imports for the most part. I've been ripped off enough on Thai fakes anyways.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #1,823 of 4,134
I'm abusing this thread but I need some help from those of you more electrically-minded than myself.

I just got my subwoofer today, Prodipe Pro10s yeaaahhhhh :D, but unfortunately, it came with the 250v power cord and fuses. My google-fu is either weak or my question is too simple for yahoo answers :)rolleyes:) but I cannot find the answer to my question which is:

The manufacturer supplies a Kinec power cord with the female end rated at 10A250V~ (KE-24) and the male end, 16A250V~ (KE23). What would that equate to for a 125V power cord?

Will post pics of my updated setup later when I get it rolling, kinda upset at the moment. :cool:

Thanks guys!

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #1,824 of 4,134
Quote:

I'm slowing weening myself off of private music trackers, but the prices for the Japanese SHMs is so damn high:
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=camel+shm&_sacat=See-All-Categories

$600 for box set
$50 for a popular album
$40 for others

I wouldn't mind $20 a CD so much, but still.
Not to mention SACDs...So damn expensive for exclusive multichannel mixes.

I shouldn't complain though, we've been a spoiled generation for musical choice. About damn time I started fully supporting these people who genuinely deserve it.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #1,825 of 4,134
I'm drooling over your purchase, the music is incredible, and the box set is surely a collector's dream. I can't wait for the album OR the movie. I might have to try to grab a regular vinyl release when it comes out, but even that will surely be pricey. Congrats!

Quote:

1. Choice of Apple Lossless, FLAC or 320 kbps MP3
  2. The full album on six pieces of 180 gram vinyl
  3. Deluxe book package with metal cover in a hard plastic "ice" slip cover
  4. Exclusive custom 8gb metal razor blade USB pendant, inspired by Lisbeth's razor blade necklace
  5. USB drive contains the full album in high-fidelity 96k audio
  6. Fold-out poster by Neil Kellerhouse
  7. Numbered limited edition of 3000
  8. Personally signed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
  9. Images shown are concept renderings.
    Appearance and content subject to change
  10. Ships February 6, 2012

-----

So...I just bought my own Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's day gift. My girlfriend has agreed to pay me back for it. Had to buy now to get a lower number. 

EDIT: I hope she can pay me back soon to keep my amp fund on track for January. :3

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #1,826 of 4,134

Quote:
I'm abusing this thread but I need some help from those of you more electrically-minded than myself.
I just got my subwoofer today, Prodipe Pro10s yeaaahhhhh
biggrin.gif
, but unfortunately, it came with the 250v power cord and fuses. My google-fu is either weak or my question is too simple for yahoo answers (
rolleyes.gif
) but I cannot find the answer to my question which is:
The manufacturer supplies a Kinec power cord with the female end rated at 10A250V~ (KE-24) and the male end, 16A250V~ (KE23). What would that equate to for a 125V power cord?
Will post pics of my updated setup later when I get it rolling, kinda upset at the moment.
cool.gif

Thanks guys!

Is there a brick?

If it's literally just a wire, then it's probably rated to 250 volts

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #1,828 of 4,134
Yeah it's just a cord. I need a 125 volt one though. I have one that's 125 volt 10 amp 1250 watt which I hope will work. :blink:

Well as long as the internal transformer that the mains cord leads to works on 115-125VAC you should be fine. If it's a 250V transformer, you need to put a step up transformer before you plug it in or it won't work or worse it could kill it.

If it works on both, it either auto matches and will say it is rated at both, or it has a 120/240 switch near the IEC (or whatever) input.

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,829 of 4,134
Well as long as the internal transformer that the mains cord leads to works on 115-125VAC you should be fine. If it's a 250V transformer, you need to put a step up transformer before you plug it in or it won't work or worse it could kill it.
If it works on both, it either auto matches and will say it is rated at both, or it has a 120/240 switch near the IEC (or whatever) input.

The sub can be hooked up to either 125 (110, whatever) or 250, just need to switch out the fuses and use a power cord designed for 110. Since I didn't get one in the box, just the 250, I wanted to make sure I get one with a proper rating so I don't blow the fuses or the sub. I should be good then with any 125 volt cord? Not sure if I exactly followed what you were saying. Thanks for the help though! (and Bob :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back